Reap what you sow France

ASCI

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He used a specific number in one post and in another he used "will soon".  I didn't mix up anything, I quoted him so as not to avoid confusion.  Yeah, that worked.

Except that he used those references in two different posts - "15-20 yrs" while talking about emergence of Muslims' political power in France, and "soon" in talking about the rising influence of extremists within the Muslim community. I don't think that either of those is out of whack with reality.

Of course, if you interchange the two and add your interpretation, then very soon, France is going to be dominated by Muslim extremists.

The Muslim community or the Muslim extremist community?  You seem to use them interchangably.

I don't believe that I used them interchangeably, and goes to the point of you interpreting something that fits your bias, which you prove:

C'mon, it was an anti-French rant and a twisted one at that, taking satisfaction in the troubles of another people.

494746[/snapback]

Whether it was an anti-French rant or not has nothing to do with the root cause of Europe's inability to recognize its role in fostering Muslim extremism and boiling over of problems in France that were eventually going to pop up.

Just about anything is pretty well lost here anymore, isn't it?

Let's just talk about each other some more. That's important, and revealing.

494760[/snapback]

uhhhhhhhhhh OK, here goes:

I like Mandy Moore. A lot.

And she's about 100x hotter because I've never seem a picture of her where she looks like a slut.

So let that be a lesson to women out there - you look good in jeans and a t-shirt.

He used a specific number in one post and in another he used "will soon".  I didn't mix up anything, I quoted him so as not to avoid confusion.  Yeah, that worked.

494746[/snapback]

Mickey it worked, you did not avoid confusion. :blink:

"political power that will fill the secular political void with Islamic law" is a reference to Islamic extremists within the Muslim community filling their secular political void, and not Muslims filling the French political void. I'm sure the French may have some issues with references to their current political void. -GG

That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks.

In France, a crucial factor is the concentration of Muslim populations in urban areas, where predictions are that as much as one-third of the next generation will be Muslim and some have warned of the formation of "ethnic ghettoes" of a culturally distinct, socially and economically "excluded" population that is poor, voiceless, frustrated, and increasingly radical. This is an environment ripe for extreme Islamists that see Islam as a political ideology to influence the laws of France and whose political aim is ultimately the establishment of the Sharia with modern adaptations. BTW, most of the growth since the 1970s derives from Muslim immigration and births rather than growth among the native French.

In America, Muslims -- or at least some Muslims -- fare quite well compared to the average American. They tend to be highly educated, with above-average incomes and high levels of participation in professional careers

This is more about economic disadvantage than religion.

494153[/snapback]

Gee, when you choose to move to another country that is nice enough to let you come in, you might want to try to learn the language and learn some skills that are useful. And try not to smell like a goat, too.

Oh yeah, there have been Muslim riots in Demark this week too. Not reported as much for some reason.

Will the radical muslim have a better chance at convincing French Christians to abandon their history and their culture to adopt Islamic Law in Room B  or will the radical Christian in Room A have a better shot at convincing his fellow, less zealous Christians, to oppose partial birth abortion and go to church twice a week instead of just on Sunday?

The analogy doesn't fit.

494735[/snapback]

Are you saying that opposing partial birth abortion is tantamount to abandoning our culture?

I'm not sure I'm following you.

Are you saying that opposing partial birth abortion is tantamount to abandoning our culture?

I'm not sure I'm following you.

494905[/snapback]

I'm making the opposite point. Much easier for a fundamentalist christian to edge other christians his way than for a radical muslim to transform christians into radical muslims. The radical christian and the average christians are already on the same cultural and societal page to begin with. The radical muslim and christians are about as different as you can get, nothing at all in common.

My originial point was that it was pretty far fetched to suggest that a relative handful of French muslim extremists would "soon" bring islamic law to France in a new revolution. I didn't think it plausible that 52 million non-muslims would permit a couple hundred thousand muslim extremists take over the country. Given the growing power of the religious right in this country and the relatively small numbers they started out with, it was suggested that a few radicals could have that type of an effect.

I thought the analogy ill-fitting given that edging chritians to be, if you will, more christian would be a heckuva lot easier than turning millions of christians into radical muslims.

For complete replays, highlights and stats of this thread watch "Inside the PPP" on HBO, thursdays at 9:00pm.

"soon" they will be imposing islamic law.

494929[/snapback]

The French are now admitting that the riots are not so random but actually organized. Hummmmm…could it be AL QAEDA (Said in SNL church lady voice).

Well Mick, I guess there is no where for you to run to now after the “right wing” Christians in the US install “Pope Law” and chase liberals around with Holly water, striking them the Rosery beads and making them eat those awful tasting wafers :blink:

I like Mandy Moore.  A lot.

And she's about 100x hotter because I've never seem a picture of her where she looks like a slut. 

So let that be a lesson to women out there - you look good in jeans and a t-shirt.

494783[/snapback]

I have to agree. Mandy in jeans and a t-shirt. Sort of the girls next door thing that keeps one in the yard trimming hedges a lot.

I like Mandy Moore.  A lot.

494783[/snapback]

She's got the right initials. After that, she'll have to get in line behind the real MM.

Gee, when you choose to move to another country that is nice enough to let you come in, you might want to try to learn the language and learn some skills that are useful. And try not to smell like a goat, too.

Oh yeah, there have been Muslim riots in Demark this week too. Not reported as much for some reason.

494884[/snapback]

It isn't that simple tho.

France invaded algeria and has had a long standing history with the muslim world.

France also does things like ban muslim head scarves in school.

sort of like jim crow laws and racial tension in the US, but different.

494884[/snapback]

Care to clarify that? Who exactly smells like a goat?