Eric Moulds

Cobra

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so ya know...at the time, it was clear that Young was the better of the two QBs and was going to be the starter.  This wasn't a crap-shoot.  This wasn't letting the starter leave w/o a known solution.  Young was the starter and Joe didn't want to be a back-up.  He was publicly whining and was making too much $ to justify being a distracting back-up QB.

Not taking a position on the PW discussion...but, Montana is not a good example here.

494144[/snapback]

Young might have been better than Montana...but he had not proved anything

yet ON the field.....His tenure at TB was a disaster...

494377[/snapback]

Of course in those days everyones tenure in TB was a disaster.

Dare I do it, but this is the first time I completely disagree with you.

Lying in the face of video evidence??? What the heck are you talking about? He simply said that he didn't think he did it, but the official called it and he must live with it. So he said he didn't agree... is it really that big a deal from a leadership standpoint?

A young player can look up to Moulds by watching him during game time when he's ALWAYS playing hard -- I'll never forget two seasons ago when Bledsoe threw an INT and everyone on offense gave up except for Moulds, who ran down the field and tackled the guy before the goal line.

I agree completely.  For lack of a more succinct term, Moulds is a loser.  It's difficult to bring young players up to a level where they demand excellence from themselves when you have a leader who underperforms, then whines and points the finger and is constantly letting everyone know that he could be somewhere else.  Lying in the face of video evidence with regard to a critical penalty he committed is just not a good example of leadership.  But then again, he drops too many passes and spits in opponents faces when frustrated and would never admit that either.  How can a young player look up to a guy like that?

494185[/snapback]

Umm... yes he had. He had filled in admirably for Montana numerous times.

494377[/snapback]

Exactly.

You can call it crying or whatever you want.  Some of the things said about Moulds here are valid, some take it too far.

Regardless of your opinion on Moulds, the offensive pass interference call may have been marginally correct by a letter of the law interpretation.  The problem is that that level of "push off" happens about 75 times in every single game in the NFL.  How many times have you seen it called?  It's not crying.  It's just a fact.

494256[/snapback]

Someone with some sense.

Thanks.

I'll never understand all the EM negativity on here.  I have always liked the fact that he will voice his opinion (even if it is at times negative).  I seriously doubt that he was going out of his way NOT to help JP develop.  Why would he do that?  JP has a cannon (supposedly) that should suit Moulds, Evans and Parrish.  It seems silly to call a 10 year (?) Bills player a punk or loser.  He wants the Bills to win, we want the Bills to win (at least most of us do).  He has shown this season that, when given the opprtunity, he can still dominate and put points on the board.  Keep it up Eric and GO BILLS!!!!! :lol:

494365[/snapback]

494377[/snapback]

By the time Montana was let go, Young had aleady been playing well for the 49ers and had been designated the starter.

Perhaps you should consider moving on because you're complaning about nothing.

Eric Moulds has done more for this franchise than anyone on this roster and stuck with the Bills when he could have taken a lot more money elsewhere. 

Here's what he said:

"He called offensive pass interference, so I guess he saw something that I didn't see," Moulds said. "But the officials made the call, and we've got to live with it. I don't think I (pushed off). Even the New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) guys were saying, "We got away with one that time.' It was a crucial point in the game, and at that point I feel like we should be able to play."

Perhaps you're different, but I don't fault players for wanting to win.

493853[/snapback]

I agree 100%. I'm not sure why so many people are against Eric Moulds when clearly he's done a tremendous amount for this team and our best wide reciever.

Dare I do it, but this is the first time I completely disagree with you. 

Lying in the face of video evidence??? What the heck are you talking about?

494444[/snapback]

There was a video replay that showed Moulds running with the DB, then placing both hands on the DB and pushing him away prior to squaring up and catching the ball. Did you not see this?

What does it have to do with leadership? If you hold yourself to a high standard, you don't publicly blame officials for a calling a penalty you legitmately, by rule, committed. You clam-up or sac-up, knowing that acting like a punk sends the message to the team that it's OK to be a unaccountable on the Buffalo Bills.

First of all, that type of contact happens quite often and more often than not, it gets by with no penalty.

That aside, Moulds was asked after the game what he thought about the penalty and if he felt it was a bad call. His response? He didn't agree with it, but that was the call and he (and the team) must live with it. No disparaging remarks about the officials, no sour grapes. Just stated his opinion -- a far cry from "publicly blaming officials."

If you want to look for a guy who acts like a punk, try Willis McGahee. Classifying Moulds as a punk is a stretch.

What does it have to do with leadership?  If you hold yourself to a high standard, you don't publicly blame officials for a calling a penalty you legitmately, by rule, committed.  You clam-up or sac-up, knowing that acting like a punk sends the message to the team that it's OK to be a unaccountable on the Buffalo Bills.

494840[/snapback]

i'll say it for the hundredth time: in the long run we'll all be dead.

495062[/snapback]

Yeah...why didn't we keep Ted Washington around...Why let Bruce Smith

goo........Sure...Talley would be the best OLB right now..........where is

Nate Odomes....

Bruce Smith was clearly washed up.

Ted Washington was injury prone.

Talley retired and was washed up.

Comparing Moulds at this stage in his career to those guys says a lot about you.

Yeah...why didn't we keep Ted Washington around...Why let Bruce Smith

goo........Sure...Talley would be the best OLB right now..........where is

Nate Odomes....

495108[/snapback]

Bruce Smith was clearly washed up.

Ted Washington was injury prone.

Talley retired and was washed up.

Comparing Moulds at this stage in his career to those guys says a lot about you.

495216[/snapback]

Very nice...you make a sarcastic remark about Pat Williams to which I replied

and then you complain that I am comparing these washed up guys to Eric Moulds....

At the time of release, Bruce Smith, Ted Washington all were still marquee

players and went on to have good years with their new ball clubs...In fact

TW was the architect of the 13-3 Bears team....But after thier 1st or 2nd years

of release, these players bottomed out and stunk up the joint....

My point was PW might be playing well this year...but he is clearly on the

wrong side of 30 and is not going to give this ball club 4 full seasons, the money

they were going to pay him....

People keep clamoring that PW should have been re-signed...yes...but at

the Bills terms...not on PWs terms....

I never said anything about Pat Williams.

I agree that PW should have been allowed to walk with the free agents coming up on this roster.

But I really have a problem with supposed Bills fans who call Moulds out as a loser, whiner, or selfish player. How on earth can you be a Bills fan and not like Moulds as a player and what he brings to this team both from a leadership and credibility standpoint? I will never believe that he is up there with TO, Moss or Harrison. However, I do believe that his career has been dramatically marginalized due to sub-par QB play.

Todd Collins

Flutie

Rob Johnson

Alex Van Pelt

Drew Bledsoe

Stop focusing on the top 3 WRs in the game and think about the others who have displayed consistency.

Joe Horn -- same offense for many years, same QB, same coach

Rod Smith -- same offense, Elway and Plummer as his QBs

Steve Smith -- Delhomme has proven to be a solid QB, same offense for past few years

Look at Mason. He was one of the league's most consistent performers in Tennessee, where he had developed a chemistry with McNair over the years. Now that he is in Baltimore and in an anemic offense and subpar QB play, he is rarely heard from.

In short, I find it hard to believe you are a Bills fan if you can't root for and appreciate what Moulds brings to the table. But that's probably just me...

and then you complain that I am comparing these washed up guys to Eric Moulds....

wrong side of 30 and is not going to give this ball club 4 full seasons, the money

People keep clamoring that PW should  have been re-signed...yes...but at

495235[/snapback]

People keep clamoring that PW should  have been re-signed...yes...but at

495235[/snapback]

if you like being somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7 every year but always on the cusp, this is a good strategy to follow. as for ted w, he's playing sensationally for the raiders this year and should probably have been the mvp of the carolina-ne super bowl.

First of all, that type of contact happens quite often and more often than not, it gets by with no penalty.

That aside, Moulds was asked after the game what he thought about the penalty and if he felt it was a bad call.  His response?  He didn't agree with it, but that was the call and he (and the team) must live with it.  No disparaging remarks about the officials, no sour grapes.  Just stated his opinion -- a far cry from "publicly blaming officials."

If you want to look for a guy who acts like a punk, try Willis McGahee.  Classifying Moulds as a punk is a stretch.

495011[/snapback]

I guess you missed the actual quote, because Moulds couldn't leave it where you seem to think he did. Should have, but he just couldn't, because he's a punk. He went on to say that he didn't think he pushed off, when he clearly did. He would go on to try to justify his position by saying the Pats were saying they got away with one. No sour grapes? More like a perfect example of sour grapes.

I know blaming the officials is very popular among avid posters here, but for one I expect the leaders on our football team to be men in defeat. It's called character, something nobody on the Bills or otherwise has accused Eric Moulds of having.

This was not "just give it to them" all over again, this was a correctly called play that just didn't go our way.

Moulds isn't up to the task of being a leader, but he just loves to get in front of that microphone and start speaking for the "veterans". As for McGahee, he may or may not be a punk, but right now he's just a young kid without the perspective of experience. He's also not a team leader and doesn't pretend to be.

I'm sick of listening to Eric Moulds cry all the time.  It use to be only when he played bad, but now it's even when he does have a good game.  I wished he'd be a man and admit he pushed off.  He never takes blame for anything, and always calls out another person on the team.  I think it's time for him to move on!

493640[/snapback]

It's threads like these that make me think TSW is just becoming a waste of perfectly good electrons... :)

I guess you missed the actual quote, because Moulds couldn't leave it where you seem to think he did.  Should have, but he just couldn't, because he's a punk.  He went on to say that he didn't think he pushed off, when he clearly did.   He would go on to try to justify his position by saying the Pats were saying they got away with one.  No sour grapes?  More like a perfect example of sour grapes. 

I know blaming the officials is very popular among avid posters here, but for one I expect the leaders on our football team to be men in defeat.  It's called character, something nobody on the Bills or otherwise has accused Eric Moulds of having. 

This was not "just give it to them" all over again, this was a correctly called play that just didn't go our way.

Moulds isn't up to the task of being a leader, but he just loves to get in front of that microphone and start speaking for the "veterans".   As for McGahee, he may or may not be a punk, but right now he's just a young kid without the perspective of experience.  He's also not a team leader and doesn't pretend to be.

495685[/snapback]

earlier on in the post he did say that. in fact he pointed out what what was said in the quote. maybe you should read the whole thread before jumping on what people say. in fact here is the actual quote of what EM said word for word. Im taking it from the paper right now.

"He called offensive pass interference, so I guess he saw something that I didn't see," Moulds said. "But the officials made the call, and we've got to live with it. I don't think I (pushed off). Even the New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) guys were saying, "We got away with one that time.' It was a crucial point in the game, and at that point I feel like we should be able to play."

where in that quote does he blame the officials?? I see him disappointed in the call because he feels it wasnt right. I would be too cause that kind of contact as dawgg says happens very often. he simply stated hes disappointed in the call, the officials called it and we gotta basically move on. he disagrees with the call but he holds no grudges. this guy wants to win games. if you cant see that i say your not a bills fan. GO BILLS