ESPN #1 Trick Play of All Time...HR Throwback

They had the top 10 trick plays of all time, and again we are the goat. Home Run Throwback.

I had the tivo on, so I watched the play a few times. It was a forward pass. As the pass is being released, our defender is across the line reaching toward Wycheck, and his arms don't reach the passer. The ball is then thrown, and caught across the line, a few inches above the ground.

I never looked at our defender before, I was always looking at the throw. But our guy was clearly across the line reaching for Wycheck. I'll say the ball was thrown forward at least 5 feet.

So, the trick play shouldn't have worked.

I remember at least 2 other crappy calls in the game. Peerless caught about a 20 yard pass, called incomplete, and we couldn't challenge. Another....Tennessee missed a field goal right before half, and we got called for Defensive Holding, so they moved it up 5 yards and they got the 3 pointer. Another play involved McNair running out of bounds short of the first down, Tennessee was lining up to punt, the refs blew the whistle, looked at it, and gave them the first down. Which led to that field goal.

It was a horrible game.

They had the top 10 trick plays of all time, and again we are the goat.  Home Run Throwback.

I had the tivo on, so I watched the play a few times.  It was a forward pass.  As the pass is being released, our defender is across the line reaching toward Wycheck, and his arms don't reach the passer.  The ball is then thrown, and caught across the line, a few inches above the ground. 

I never looked at our defender before, I was always looking at the throw.  But our guy was clearly across the line reaching for Wycheck.  I'll say the ball was thrown forward at least 5 feet.

I remember at least 2 other crappy calls in the game.  Peerless caught about a 20 yard pass, called incomplete, and we couldn't challenge.  Another....Tennessee missed a field goal right before half, and we got called for Defensive Holding, so they moved it up 5 yards and they got the 3 pointer.  Another play involved McNair running out of bounds short of the first down, Tennessee was lining up to punt, the refs blew the whistle, looked at it, and gave them the first down.  Which led to that field goal.

It was a horrible game.

493400[/snapback]

Unfortunately that was the last time we were in the playoffs <_<

They had the top 10 trick plays of all time, and again we are the goat.  Home Run Throwback.

I had the tivo on, so I watched the play a few times.  It was a forward pass.  As the pass is being released, our defender is across the line reaching toward Wycheck, and his arms don't reach the passer.  The ball is then thrown, and caught across the line, a few inches above the ground. 

I never looked at our defender before, I was always looking at the throw.  But our guy was clearly across the line reaching for Wycheck.  I'll say the ball was thrown forward at least 5 feet.

I remember at least 2 other crappy calls in the game.  Peerless caught about a 20 yard pass, called incomplete, and we couldn't challenge.  Another....Tennessee missed a field goal right before half, and we got called for Defensive Holding, so they moved it up 5 yards and they got the 3 pointer.  Another play involved McNair running out of bounds short of the first down, Tennessee was lining up to punt, the refs blew the whistle, looked at it, and gave them the first down.  Which led to that field goal.

It was a horrible game.

493400[/snapback]

Very good assessment. It's easy to prove what you say with visuals too.

1st, the game never should have come down to that play. 2nd- tell me that if you were down on the field, you would have thrown a flag.

Replay has been interpreted 2 ways to this day. A freakin mathematician tried to use calculus to figure it out. When the NFL adds calculus to mathematicians to replay, I stop watching.

If Linton, Greer, and one other guys stay in their lanes, we play Indy to go to the Superbowl- it didn't come down to the refs- we blew the game

I remember cursing a blue streak at the TV for the terrible spot on mcnair's run. He went OB at last a yard short, and they spotted him ahead of the marker...

And of course the game is RJ's fault, it was obviously him who missed a tackle on the kickoff return... :)

I remember cursing a blue streak at the TV for the terrible spot on mcnair's run. He went OB at last a yard short, and they spotted him ahead of the marker...

And of course the game is RJ's fault, it was obviously him who missed a tackle on the kickoff return... :)

493638[/snapback]

No, it's because he was playing wearing only one shoe.

1st, the game never should have come down to that play. 2nd- tell me that if you were down on the field, you would have thrown a flag.

Replay has been interpreted 2 ways to this day. A freakin mathematician tried to use calculus to figure it out. When the NFL adds calculus to mathematicians to replay, I stop watching.

If Linton, Greer, and one other guys stay in their lanes, we play Indy to go to the Superbowl- it didn't come down to the refs- we blew the game

493493[/snapback]

I would've thrown the flag, because at first glance it looked like a forward pass. I was on the phone with a friend who called to congratulate me on the win, and I said, "don't worry, they'll find a way to screw this up." and he shouted "forward pass!" before I could, (like "in the crease"). So, I think the flag should've been thrown.

But the absolute reality is, they did not stay in their lanes. That is why the play worked. You are correct. Well, let me rephrase that. I agree with you.