Annoying Co-Workers

Hirly5

I am in a cube farm. The woman next to my cube is killing me slowly. I am going to air my grievences:

1. Her cell ringtone - It goes off probably 5 times an hour. It is some crappy country song. I hate country music.

2. When she talks on her phone it is loud as hell. She screams into the phone.

3. She hacks and coughs all day long. She doesn't know what the cause of her cough is. It can't be the 2 packs of cigarettes she smokes a day.

4. She has a really annoying voice with a hint of an accent.

Sometimes I just wanna take a pair of scissors and jam them into my eyes and ears to relief the pain.

Anyone else have an annoying co-worker?

I am in a cube farm.  The woman next to my cube is killing me slowly.  I am going to air my grievences:

1.  Her cell ringtone - It goes off probably 5 times an hour.  It is some crappy country song.  I hate country music.

2.  When she talks on her phone it is loud as hell.  She screams into the phone.

3.  She hacks and coughs all day long.  She doesn't know what the cause of her cough is.  It can't be the 2 packs of cigarettes she smokes a day.

4.  She has a really annoying voice with a hint of an accent.

Sometimes I just wanna take a pair of scissors and jam them into my eyes and ears to relief the pain.

Anyone else have an annoying co-worker?

491708[/snapback]

Oooh yes, I have three. This could be a fun thread:

1. There's a Chinese man on H1B a row over (we share a wall in this cube farm). He hums. All day long. Hummmmmm Hummm... humming his own little tune in his own little world. It *never* stops.

2. A guy from the software development group smokes clove cigarettes. He likes to ask me to go smoke with him (I don't smoke). He smells like Christmas ham. He likes to write up documents on how to improve the state of the company and preach about how no one else understands it 'cept him. He sends me his documents to review... they are full of sentences that don't end and places where he uses commas where he shouldn't and of course other places where he just spels stuff wrong and there are other places where he just doesn't make much sense because he uses analogies from Sci Fi movies in his documentation he is annoying (nice example, eh?).

3. Not sure if this one counts, but an old coworker that I keep in touch with - great guy - but loves to continuously rant about how he can do so much better than we can do. He's convinced that they've made a mammoth mistake by letting him go (he was laid off) because he was the future of the company. All we're doing now is slowing our death.

I get along well with everyone else.

-Jeff

1. Her cell ringtone - It goes off probably 5 times an hour. It is some crappy country song. I hate country music.

2. When she talks on her phone it is loud as hell. She screams into the phone.

For #1 and #2 - go and talk to Human Resources. Any company I've been associated with in the past 8 years has had policies in place to prevent this.

You can't do much about the accent and the coughing, but perhaps they wouldn't be as had to take if the other two problems were eliminated.

Again, your avatar makes me think of how much I love those Monkey commercials for that job site.

492218[/snapback]

You can put just about any caption below it and be right.

Why not push for a corporate policy to eliminate cell phone usage in the work area? I work in a place where no active electronic devices are allowed past the door, and no one has died yet.

Why not push for a corporate policy to eliminate cell phone usage in the work area? I work in a place where no active electronic devices are allowed past the door, and no one has died yet.

492301[/snapback]

I enjoy eavesdropping in on other peoples private lives. Don't take that away from me.

i have an overly rambunctious coworker who does not know how to shut up. He'll walk by somebody and just start out with: Big <insert name> is in the house. Then start trying to rhyme stuff with the name.

I'll walk past him and not even acknowledge his presence or he'll walk by me or someone else and he's like "Hey, alright"

If someone does make the mistake of actually engaging him in coversation, he'll stay on one topic and you'll hear more about it the next couple times you see him

He reminds me of the Mad TV skits with the annoying UPS guy (played by Phil LaMarr)

I have another coworker who is also quite talkative and likes to interrupt conversations and offer her opinion.

I also have several coworkers (including the 2 I mentioned) whose incompetance gets annoying too

i have an overly rambunctious coworker who does not know how to shut up.  He'll walk by somebody and just start out with:  Big <insert name> is in the house.  Then start trying to rhyme stuff with the name.

I'll walk past him and not even acknowledge his presence or he'll walk by me or someone else and he's like "Hey, alright"

If someone does make the mistake of actually engaging him in coversation, he'll stay on one topic and you'll hear more about it the next couple times you see him

He reminds me of the Mad TV skits with the annoying UPS guy (played by Phil LaMarr)

I have another coworker who is also quite talkative and likes to interrupt conversations and offer her opinion.

I also have several coworkers (including the 2 I mentioned) whose incompetance gets annoying too

492640[/snapback]

I read that last sentence too fast and thought it read "whose incontinence gets annoying." Duh. Yeah, I'm sure it does!

I had an interesting experience today.. one of my coworkers pulled up his sleeves to show me his "halloween costume." He had a series of cuts down each arm. Real cuts. A grid pattern. He then says, "I'm going to be a depressed suicide prone looser."

His next comment? "Oh yeah, I did that last week, too."

Thinking of going to the big HR folks with that one... kinda sounds like "cry for help" rather than "funny guy" to me.

-Jeff

Funny post...it reminds me of the scene early in the movie "Office Space":

"Corporate accounts, Nina speaking. Just one moment."

:doh::lol:

Mike

492640[/snapback]

Not Rob Schneider's Makin' Copies guy on SNL? :doh:

"Randeeeeee. The grreat Randeeenoooooo. Rrrrrandomly selected for your listening pleasuuure."

"Hey, that's a new one, I like that."

"Randeeeeee. Liking the new oooone."

Check out this site....

I Work With Fools

492772[/snapback]

Wow, that is the ultimate whiners website! :doh:

Other than the huge ass thing, the most annoying trait I find in new women is the complaining about their job. Anyone who can't deal with the basics of whatever it is they do for a living without constantly complaining about it needs to STFU and find something else to do! :lol: