In case you want to drop espn a note

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Anybody have a phone # for ESPN's corp. office in Bruschiville??

491513[/snapback]

Well I sent them a few lines of disgust over how they dared to have a an actual NFL football game as the backdrop for the Teddy Bruschi Show. How distracting when all I wanted was to hear and see Mr. Bruschi's life story.

This is what I just sent them -

Seriously you guys, the Bruschi coverage was ridiculous last night. I honestly thought that this was a Tedy special, and not a football game. The constant cuts to his wife, the "hero" song, and the commentators nearly gagging on their words made me sick. Lets acknowledge that it may be a good story, however you should get back to covering football games, not "sports entertainment". I hope there are thousands of letters just like this, so that maybe you will get the point that last nights game was almost unwatchable due to your shotty coverage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Anybody have a phone # for ESPN's corp. office in Bruschiville??

491513[/snapback]

Here's mine. Hope they get a lot of these.

Way to ruin a football game. Did you clowns even care that there was another team on the field? ESPN's constant tongue bath for all things Pats and Bruschi was nauseating and I found myself hitting the mute button almost as many times as I had to pound my head against the wall to clear my head of Nickleback's Bruschi theme. By the way, your "hero" had a pathetic 2 tackles and looked winded all game. Not to mention the Bills ran right at him for the tune of 70+ of McGahee's 136 rushing yards, but that clearly went right past those frauds in the booth. You're station's a joke. Boo-yeah.

Here's mine.  Hope they get a lot of these.

Way to ruin a football game.  Did you clowns even care that there was another team on the field?  ESPN's constant tongue bath for all things Pats and Bruschi was nauseating and I found myself hitting the mute button almost as many times as I had to pound my head against the wall to clear my head of Nickleback's Bruschi theme.  By the way, your "hero" had a pathetic 2 tackles and looked winded all game.  Not to mention the Bills ran right at him for the tune of 70+ of McGahee's 136 rushing yards, but that clearly went right past those frauds in the booth.  You're station's a joke.  Boo-yeah.

491719[/snapback]

And mine ...

"I am writing to express my total disgust over your coverage of Oct. 30th, 2005's Sunday night game between the Patriots and Bills.

- Were you covering the game or Bruschi ? I understand what he is doing is very brave. But you guys grossly over-did it. Every 3 minutes, every thing was related to Bruschi. Whatever happened to covering the game that is being played ?

- During two key plays, Suzy Kolber cut in to talk about Bruschi and the Kraft interview. There was a turnover on the field of play and you continued to wax about something unrelated to the game. Sideline coverage should be reserved for breaks in game.

- Your commentators don't have a spine. On two critical official calls, Paul said one thing ("That did not look like offensive pass interference on Moulds") but promptly changed it when the call was to the contrary ("Okay maybe it was PI, I agree with it when I saw it again"). Joe Theismann is the only saving grace of the three.

I do wish you make some major changes to your format and style of coverage. else, I will hope you lose the next Sunday night contract."

MY 2 cents sent to ESPN

Your coverage of last night's Tedy Bruschi love fest was the worse display of one sided commentating I've seen in 35 years of watching professional football. Time and time again you gusted over Tedy, his wife, Robert Kraft, Tedy's kids and Tedy's dog. It's a nice story, but in case you forgot, there are TWO teams on the field. I thought your coverage during last year's Michael Vick love fest (Carolina/Atlanta) game was bad, but you've managed to top that fiasco. It was unwatchable. How many times did you miss an important play because you were loving on Tedy again and again. Quit trying to be like Oprah and let the game do the talking!

My note

To: NFL Broadcasting Department at ESPN

Date: October 31, 2005

Dear Sirs,

First let it be known I am a lifelong Buffalo Bills fan. That notwithstanding, I was utterly dissapointed by the coverage of the game last nite. Sure it was a very big and heartwarming story about Tedy Bruschi coming back, but a pregame special should have been sufficient. Every single sideline report last nite was about the Patriots, not one that I recall had anything to do with the Buffalo Bills, despite the fact that they were fighting for 1st place in the AFC East race.

I realize that ESPN still holds the New England region sports scene in high regards, but if you want to be condidered a true National(or International) Sports outlet, this "homerism" must stop. I understand and can accept that the New England Patriots are defending NFL champions and should be treated so, but last nites broadcast went way to far.

Suzy Kolber did absolutely no reporting, rather she was fawning. Perhaps you should take a note from Fox's coverage of the Giants/Redskins game. Pay attention to the Booth anouncers and sideline reporter Tony Siragusa, and how they interacted and provided insight into the game. As a football fan, i would rather see that then discuss why Robert Kraft didn't make (Saint) Tedy Bruschi sign a liabitity waiver, or see a group of ladies at a consession stand buying Bruschi jersey's.

Your broadcast last nite really turned me off, and I have always loved the sports coverage by ESPN. While you probably have not lost me as a viewer, I am certainly not a big fan of ESPN(ew England) any more.

Respectfully

PJ McCarthy

12215 Manders Knoll Terrace

Midlothian, VA 23114

Lets acknowledge that it may be a good story, however you should get back to covering football games, not "sports entertainment". 

491648[/snapback]

Actually, ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. :doh:

P.S. They did suck last night.

Actually, ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.  :doh:

P.S. They did suck last night.

492589[/snapback]

I thought I was watching the lifetime channel last night. This just in. TBS to be now know as Teddy Bruschi Station. Yes 24/7 of nothing else but the life and times of the man. Some of this weeks hightlites, how Ted really invented the internet, how he made the cheese in macaroni and cheese, cheeseier, what it feels like to be a saint, and what he rubs on his butt to releave the pain from all the a$$ kissing!

Theismann: " When Buffalo resorts to trick plays like that, with their record, they need to get more than what they did. "

(2 minutes more of Theismann talking)

Theismann: "Buffalo just needs to get more out of that then what they did."

McGwire: "Buffalo got a first down on that play"

Theisman: "Well.... they need to get more out of that play. Did you see Bruschi penetrate the backfield on that play though?"