Here's a new beer with a BIG difference!

The Dean

I worked with this yeast (Candida albicans). When grown on a petri plate, it smells just like bakers yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). It can ferment sugar to alcohol just like bakers yeast. It causes thrush in infants and is a problem in AIDS patients. It can become a problem in the female reproductive system when the balance of the flora (bacteria/yeast) is disrupted due to , for example antibiotics.

If a woman is treated for a yeast infection, her partner should also be treated. The male can carry the yeast with no symptoms and then re-infect her.

Still, using a sample from a person to make beer disgusts me. Using yeast obtained from a cell bank that has been grown in the lab for years might be tolerable.

I worked with this yeast (Candida albicans). When grown on a petri plate, it smells just like bakers yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). It can ferment sugar to alcohol just like bakers yeast. It causes thrush in infants and is a problem in AIDS patients. It can become a problem in the female reproductive system when the balance of the flora (bacteria/yeast) is disrupted due to , for example antibiotics.

If a woman is treated for a yeast infection, her partner should also be treated. The male can carry the yeast with no symptoms and then re-infect her.

Still, using a sample from a person to make beer disgusts me.  Using yeast obtained from a cell bank that has been grown in the lab for years might be tolerable.

487644[/snapback]

This reminds me...Years ago I had a girlfriend who developed several yeast infections. After awhile, I had to ask her, "You fuc#kin' the Pillsbury Doughboy?"