Losman should start Sunday night...

smuvtalker

I'll be the first to admit, I was one of the many who was in favor in benching Losman for Holcomb. After watching the last 3 games, I have changed my tune.

The bottom line is this: What has Kelly Holcomb done to really show that he deserves to start over JP? In my opinion, the only thing he has really done in his three starts that's noteworthy is NOT LOSE GAMES. To be completely honest, IMHO, I have seen him only make one spectacular throw, and that was to Campbell last week. His numbers are very modest, and while he may be completing 70 percent of his passes, he's averaging like 160 yards per game. He absolutely cannot throw an accurate pass beyond 15 or 20 yards. In the last 3 games, how many deep balls has he thrown? maybe 4, and each one was horribly missed. From badly underthrowing Moulds, to badly overthrowing Evans and Reed. He has fumbled a snap or a handoff in each of his 3 starts, and has NO ability to run if the pocket collapses.

This is not a good football team, on either side of the ball. Even if we were to make it into the playoffs, what are the chances of us beating the likes of New England, Indianapolis, Denver, Pittsburgh...slim to none. We need to let JP in there and get his lumps now.

Many people think that we should start Holcomb in the New England game next Sunday. I think that this would be a perfect time to get JP in there. Let him get that game experience playing in the national spotlight. Yes, throw him to the wolves, he's going to have to do it eventually, why not let him get a taste now?

Every game he sits is one more game next year he'll still need for development. This team is going nowhere in the state we're in. Lets let the kid become a man.

Yes, JP should play again soon, but NO he should not start at New England. That's just a dumb move if they do that. We need some veteran awareness out there just to not get embarrased and we still might get embarrased even with Holcomb. The best plan would be to start JP after the bye week at home against KC. That gives the staff a whole 3 weeks to work with JP and get him a good gameplan in the friendly confines of the Ralph. I can see them giving JP a couple plays in the New England game just to get him back on the field and maybe use his legs a bit but he shouldn't start that game,,,no way.

I've said all along Loman should start, but he should NOT start next week. Nothing will kill the kids psyche more than the Patriots if he is thrown to them next week. He's not ready to face the Pats. Let Holcomb start, get killed and make it clear to everybody that Holcomb is no savior. Give JP two weeks to prepare then let him take over. And most importantly, NEVER pull him out of another game this season.

Is he the future? Personally, I don't think so. But he atleast needs the same shot that Palmer and Manning got. Hopefully next year there will be a freakin line to protect whoever is back there.

I agree 100% with you. I didn't like the benching of JP, but seeing them win 2 games in a row made me think. Now after yesterdays performance it is clear. JP was brought in to be out future. He needs the experience now to help for next year. The Bills are not a good team and continue to show that. Their defense couldn't stop the Raiders yesterday. And then you think back to some of the other games. Their defense just isn't that good. I know losing TKO hurts, but this is pathetic.

As for Holcomb, he isn't turning the ball over but he is winning. But still he hasn't reached 200 yards passing. And for some reason the coaching staff refuses to stretch the field.

JP needs the experience and I think it's time for him to go back in.

Tom

tmk-nj

I've said all along Loman should start, but he should NOT start next week. Nothing will kill the kids psyche more than the Patriots if he is thrown to them next week. He's not ready to face the Pats. Let Holcomb start, get killed and make it clear to everybody that Holcomb is no savior. Give JP two weeks to prepare then let him take over. And most importantly, NEVER pull him out of another game this season.

Is he the future? Personally, I don't think so. But he atleast needs the same shot that Palmer and Manning got. Hopefully next year there will be a freakin line to protect whoever is back there.

484467[/snapback]

I agree with you on a couple points. One, I agree that the coaches need to see that Holcomb is not the answer. Two, I can't honestly say I believe JP is the future of this team either. Do I hope he is? Of course. Only time will tell. I am encouraged only by the fact that many great ones started off terrible and blossomed.

But I disagree with the point that putting JP in next week against the Patriots will kill the kids psyche. No matter how badly he's performed, he's still an NFL quarterback. His job is to go week in and out against whatever team is put in front of him. Truth be told, he may not be ready to go up against the Pats, especially in a Sunday night game, against the Pats in Foxboro. But I truly believe this is the kind of valuable game experience he needs, THIS YEAR. If he goes in and stinks up the joint, then so be it. Hell our defense and offensive line has been stinkin up the joint for a while now. But if going up against the defending super bowl champs is going to kill his psyche, then he has no business being in the NFL.

Yes, JP should play again soon, but NO he should not start at New England.  That's just a dumb move if they do that.  We need some veteran awareness out there just to not get embarrased and we still might get embarrased even with Holcomb.  The best plan would be to start JP after the bye week at home against KC.  That gives the staff a whole 3 weeks to work with JP and get him a good gameplan in the friendly confines of the Ralph.  I can see them giving JP a couple plays in the New England game just to get him back on the field and maybe use his legs a bit but he shouldn't start that game,,,no way.

484466[/snapback]

LOSMAN is the better QB. I don't care about stats, or comparing game performances. JP is the better QB and gives us a better chance to win...I'm riding th JP choo choo train into an 8-8 season. Also the Pats D aint what it used to be. Who's Randall gay? I feel JP can exploit the secondary moreso than Holcomb can, and that right now is the Patriots weak link.

I'll be the first to admit, I was one of the many who was in favor in benching Losman for Holcomb.  After watching the last 3 games, I have changed my tune. 

The bottom line is this:  What has Kelly Holcomb done to really show that he deserves to start over JP? In my opinion, the only thing he has really done in his three starts that's noteworthy is NOT LOSE GAMES.  To be completely honest, IMHO, I have seen him only make one spectacular throw, and that was to Campbell last week.  His numbers are very modest, and while he may be completing 70 percent of his passes, he's averaging like 160 yards per game. He absolutely cannot throw an accurate pass beyond 15 or 20 yards. In the last 3 games, how many deep balls has he thrown? maybe 4, and each one was horribly missed. From badly underthrowing Moulds, to badly overthrowing Evans and Reed.  He has fumbled a snap or a handoff in each of his 3 starts, and has NO ability to run if the pocket collapses. 

This is not a good football team, on either side of the ball. Even if we were to make it into the playoffs, what are the chances of us beating the likes of New England, Indianapolis, Denver, Pittsburgh...slim to none. We need to let JP in there and get his lumps now.

Many people think that we should start Holcomb in the New England game next Sunday. I think that this would be a perfect time to get JP in there. Let him get that game experience playing in the national spotlight. Yes, throw him to the wolves, he's going to have to do it eventually, why not let him get a taste now?

Every game he sits is one more game next year he'll still need for development. This team is going nowhere in the state we're in. Lets let the kid become a man.

484450[/snapback]

NO NO NO NO NO. Let JP start the after bye game not a massacre waiting to happen on sunday night.

I'd be more inclined to vote for a QB switch if I thought Holcomb played poorly. He still made good reads and good throws, and IMO, is the least of our worries.

If the OL and DL doesn't step up, having Johnny Unitas back there wouldn't make a difference.

I think that Holcomb should get the nod next week, but if Bflo loses, let JP get some OTJ training the rest of the way - and pray he doesn't get killed playing behind our OL.

LOSMAN is the better QB.  I don't care about stats, or comparing game performances.  JP is the better QB and gives us a better chance to win...I'm riding th JP choo choo train into an 8-8 season.  Also the Pats D aint what it used to be. Who's Randall gay?  I feel JP can exploit the secondary moreso than Holcomb can, and that right now is the Patriots weak link.

484484[/snapback]

Agreed....This is JPs team....he needs to go through the growing pains....

Also does it matter who the QB is......Every one chastised JP for not being

able to throw against the street-pickup CBs after Hall went out for a while..

And here against a 1-5 team that has stunk up the joint and it loses both

its corner backs, one a pro-bowlers in the 1st qtr and what is the biggest

pass we attempted....

Bottom line is it is not the QB play, but our Offensive play calling and the

OL that should take the blame for all this....

Put your QB back for the longer run....With the upcoming scheudle and

the list of RBs that we are going to face (posted in another thread) we

do not have any chance....So let the kid play and learn from his mistakes...

And I would like all the dumb veterans like Moulds to back this Kid....Moulds

had done naada for this team this season....

I'll be the first to admit, I was one of the many who was in favor in benching Losman for Holcomb.  After watching the last 3 games, I have changed my tune. 

The bottom line is this:  What has Kelly Holcomb done to really show that he deserves to start over JP? In my opinion, the only thing he has really done in his three starts that's noteworthy is NOT LOSE GAMES.  To be completely honest, IMHO, I have seen him only make one spectacular throw, and that was to Campbell last week.  His numbers are very modest, and while he may be completing 70 percent of his passes, he's averaging like 160 yards per game. He absolutely cannot throw an accurate pass beyond 15 or 20 yards. In the last 3 games, how many deep balls has he thrown? maybe 4, and each one was horribly missed. From badly underthrowing Moulds, to badly overthrowing Evans and Reed.  He has fumbled a snap or a handoff in each of his 3 starts, and has NO ability to run if the pocket collapses. 

484450[/snapback]

Kind of agree but not really. I do think he needs to get reps but blaming Holcomb for not getting the ball downfield is not really correct. The offensive line did not protect for Holcome at all. You need time to get the play set up for anything deeper than 20 yrds. Our O line is incapable of this type of protection and Losman would suffer behind this line. At least Holcombe gets the ball away quickly.

Give JP one more game on the sidelines. He does not need to get trounced on national TV. That can wait till December against Denver. :lol:

But seriously, why didn't MM pull KH when he had 75 yards passing in the 4th quarter? Didn't he think the team needed a spark? How come JP gets the yank?