Lenny P Stirring The Pot

Rico

Tip Sheet

It's clear that the Buffalo Bills are doing everything they can to protect quarterback Drew Bledsoe, to play conservatively enough on offense to keep him out of harm's way, and to continue to play great defense. But the Bills learned a tough and painful lesion last week: In the NFL, you have to play to win, and you can't play not to lose. Sure, cornerback Nate Clements committed a cardinal sin when he attempted to intercept the ball, instead of merely just batting it away, on a critical fourth-down play that kept alive a last-gasp Jacksonville possession. But the Bills had a ton of opportunities to put the game away and too often blinked. Even some Buffalo players acknowledged to us this week that the coaches have taken the Bledsoe salvaging job to the extreme. Bledsoe, by the way, is just 2-10 in his last dozen road starts and the Bills play at Oakland on Sunday

Yeah, sure...they played conservative because they're DESPERATELY trying to do EVERYTHING possible to protect Bledsoe's fragile psyche. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a rookie head coach in his first NFL game... :blush: Why, if they'd been a little more aggressive in their offensive play-calling, maybe the friggin' defense would have stopped just one of those THREE fourth-down plays in the final two minutes of the game...

Stupid friggin' blurb... :o

Yeah, sure...they played conservative because they're DESPERATELY trying to do EVERYTHING possible to protect Bledsoe's fragile psyche. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a rookie head coach in his first NFL game

------------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree. Bledsoe is not cofindent right now. He didn't seem confident in the pocket he seemed to be hurrying.

Short plays = building a QB's confidence

Even the TD to Moulds he didn't seem real confident in throwing the ball.

I hope I'm wrong.....but, I don't think Drew is the guy for Buffalo.

Guest Guest_BillsRebound_*

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get. A Garcia or Brunell at QB would make us a very dangerous team.

Yeah, sure...they played conservative because they're DESPERATELY trying to do EVERYTHING possible to protect Bledsoe's fragile psyche. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a rookie head coach in his first NFL game

I disagree. Bledsoe is not cofindent right now. He didn't seem confident in the pocket he seemed to be hurrying.

35413[/snapback]

Gantrules.....

Love you X's and O's !

I'm 180 degrees away from your opinions though, lol :blush:

The funny thing about this article is about how the general consensus was that Bledsoe couldn't play in a short passing game. He didn't have the accuracy or patience for it.

But to 'salvage' Bledsoe's career, Mularkey is forcing him to run an offense he has no skill in running? How does that make any sense?

What's more on the mark is that Buffalo's Oline can't protect the pocket yet. They have two quality RBs. Their speediest WR is a rookie, playing in his first game.

If Lenny had half a clue about this, he'd realize that the entire offense needs to run this type of offense right now.

As the season goes on, and the Oline gets the reps together and gels, and Henry and McGahee gain a rep, and Evans gains experience, there'll be more opportunities for the offense.

Or getting rid of the ball quickly as he's been told to do time after time this whole off season.

Or no confidence in an OL that has played very little as a unit this year.

Or was just shocked that Moulds, MOULDS, was all alone with no one around him by at least 20 yards. How many times does that happen?

35413[/snapback]

I hope I'm right, and Drew is the guy for Buffalo.

Oh for Christ sake.....

Please forgive the shouting but WE ARE DOING WHAT WE SAID WE NEEDED TO DO IN THE OFFSEASON WHICH IS RUN THE BALL, GET THE BALL OUT QUICKER, RUN THE BALL, MAKE BLEDSOE A FACILITATOR, AND RUN THE BALL......

And now we are going to fricken bicker and B word because Bledsoe DID WHAT HE WAS TOLD.....

- People say he cannot throw a screen pass but he did

- Bledsoe was hitting people on the numbers...is it HIS fault they were dropping it.....

- Drew was getting the ball out quick.....well lets look for something ELSE TO B word ABOUT....

This is just stupid...and is starting to wear on me.....

Oh for Christ sake.....

Please forgive the shouting but WE ARE DOING WHAT WE SAID WE NEEDED TO DO IN THE OFFSEASON WHICH IS RUN THE BALL, GET THE BALL OUT QUICKER, RUN THE BALL, MAKE BLEDSOE A FACILITATOR, AND RUN THE BALL......

And now we are going to fricken bicker and B word because Bledsoe DID WHAT HE WAS TOLD.....

- Bledsoe was hitting people on the numbers...is it HIS fault they were dropping it.....

- Drew was getting the ball out quick.....well lets look for something ELSE TO B word ABOUT....

35456[/snapback]

Tell me about it! The most ridiculous thing I read was someone complaining that Bledsoe didn't make his teammates better, i.e. he didn't prevent Moulds from fumbling. Yeah, okay. :blush:

Guest Guesteroo
Oh for Christ sake.....

35456[/snapback]

Yes, we did all want this. However, I think we were hoping it would be a game plan that would translate into more than 10 measly points. How many games

can be won when 10 points are scored? Not many. The bottom line is point production, and Drew's last 3 games (dating back to last year) have been nightmarish where points are concerned. (10 vs. Jax, 0 vs. N.E., 3 vs. Miami)

We need to average about 20 points a game (320 on the year) to have any real shot at a play off spot. At this juncture, I just don't think it's happening.

Yes, we did all want this. However, I think we were hoping it would be a game plan that would translate into more than 10 measly points. How many games

can be won when 10 points are scored? Not many. The bottom line is point production, and Drew's last 3 games (dating back to last year) have been nightmarish where points are concerned. (10 vs. Jax, 0 vs. N.E., 3 vs. Miami)

We need to average about 20 points a game (320 on the year) to have any real shot at a play off spot. At this juncture, I just don't think it's happening.

35462[/snapback]

I see....so the THREE TURNOVERS dont figure into your mind for not scoring more then 10 points....

That is turnovers IN THE RED ZONE......you can fricken kick field goals for another 9 damn points even if you dont get into the end zone once.....

You have to hang onto the ball......

Guest Guesteroo
I see....so the THREE TURNOVERS dont figure into your mind for not scoring more then 10 points....

That is turnovers IN THE RED ZONE......you can fricken kick field goals for another 9 damn points even if you dont get into the end zone once.....

You have to hang onto the ball......

35465[/snapback]

Yes, the turnovers did hurt us. But We DID turn the ball over. You're playing a game of woulda/shoulda. The fact is that 10 points were on the board. Who's saying that we won't turn the ball over again this week in the red zone?

Yes, the turnovers did hurt us. But We DID turn the ball over. You're playing a game of woulda/shoulda. The fact is that 10 points were on the board. Who's saying that we won't turn the ball over again this week in the red zone?

35470[/snapback]

So you are saying...."so what if we turned the ball over in the red zone 3 times....we might not have scored points"

Take a look the bills average efficiency in the red zone for a touchdown or field goal...I am quite sure that it is favorable we still come away with 3 points each time......

3 points x 3 trips equals 9 points.....which would equal 19 points.....more then enough to win

Guest Guesteroo
So you are saying...."so what if we turned the ball over in the red zone 3 times....we might not have scored points"

Take a look the bills average efficiency in the red zone for a touchdown or field goal...I am quite sure that it is favorable we still come away with 3 points each time......

3 points x 3 trips equals 9 points.....which would equal 19 points.....more then enough to win

35479[/snapback]

No, I'm not talking about anything hypothetical like you seem to be. I'm saying: We DID turn the ball over and thusly, we DID score only 10 points.