Scary movies for teens

Hambone

"The Others" with Nicole Kidman was very creepy and had none of the usual "slasher" junk.  I don't think there was any gore at all.

480645[/snapback]

Awesome flick....another excellent example of a good surround sound film.

3 pages in and no one has mentioned the Shining? I thought that was a creepy movie and there is not a lot of gore/sex.

480767[/snapback]

Except for the naked dead old zombie woman who tries to have sex with Jack Nicholson.

And the chopped up little girls.

And the elevator full of blood.

And the black guy getting an axe in the chest.

Except for the naked dead old zombie woman who tries to have sex with Jack Nicholson.

And the chopped up little girls.

And the elevator full of blood.

And the black guy getting an axe in the chest.

480777[/snapback]

I forgot that scene :ph34r: but I think the rest of what you mention is tame by todays standards.

My 13 year old step-daughter is having friends over for Halloween and I am trying to think of some scary movies to rent them. Nothing too gory or full of nudity, just something jump-out-of-your-seat scary. Nay thoughts?

480000[/snapback]

Anything with Barbara Streisand in it. Anything.

Faces of Death 1,2 and 3!!! (Not realy, Very graffic and real)

Poltergiest and Exercist still freak me out......

I haven't seen a good scary movie in a long time....the Shining scares you but it so long I always fall asleep....

Although reading this post, I'm going to check out Saw and The Ring....

Wrong Turn was also surprisingly good

481783[/snapback]

I forgot about Wrong Turn....I was pleasantly surprised by that film, too. And you can never find fault with a film that stars the lovely and talented Eliza Dushku :rolleyes:

http://people.freenet.de/hildegrog/eliza_dushku2.jpg

My list of scary movies (looks like almost all have been mentioned in this thread):

- The Ring (and yes, part 2 sucked)

- Grudge/Ju-On

- Poltergiest

- Shining

- Psycho (the original)

- Exorcist

Not very scary but good to watch:

- Invasion of the body snatchers

- Final Destination

- Friday the 13th

- Misery

- Omen (part 1)

- Scream

after i saw the grudge, i wanted to throw something through my window in a fit of rage

my god...i reallly wanted my hour and a half back

i had the same feeling after i sat through the village...i wanted to turn it off so many times buy my wife kept saying "just wait...something will happen..."

i'm never listening to her again

after i saw the grudge, i wanted to throw something through my window in a fit of rage

my god...i reallly wanted my hour and a half back

i had the same feeling after i sat through the village...i wanted to turn it off so many times buy my wife kept saying "just wait...something will happen..."

i'm never listening to her again

486467[/snapback]

It seems that people either loved or hated the Grudge. I wonder what the common denominator is...

(I'm in the "loved it" camp, especially after watching Ju-On).

CW

I just saw 'Land of the Dead'......not all that scary, but it friggin RULED! The movie was just a lot of fun.....wasn't stupid, didn't try and insult my intelligence with cheap thrills, played by its own rules, and kept me involved throughout....thumbs up!