(OT) September Pennant Race Baseball at its finest

Foxboro Mike

The essence of what September baseball is all about will be on display this weekend and next:  Boston at New York for three this weekend, and the Yankees visit Fenway next week. 

This is going to be a lot of fun.  :D

34825[/snapback]

time for another red sox melt down? :D

question for all you sox fans. do you like the decision they made to use schilling v the devil rays rather than save him for this series? I know the yankees are not the only team the sox play, but i would think in this type of marquee match-up series, you want your studs. Being a die hard yankee fan, i am glad the yanks do not have to face him this weekend, but i was just confused.

uhhhhhh...guys this series really means nothing.

You are both going to the playoffs.

34861[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. A division championship and home field advantage through both rounds of playoffs mean nothing. :D

Of course it means something - it might be the best rivalry in sports: 2 very good teams, intense rivals with bad blood between them with something to play for late in the year.

question for all you sox fans.  do you like the decision they made to use schilling v the devil rays rather than save him for this series?  I know the yankees are not the only team the sox play, but i would think in this type of marquee match-up series, you want your studs.  Being a die hard yankee fan, i am glad the yanks do not have to face him this weekend, but i was just confused.

34873[/snapback]

It really doesn't matter because of this fact: he would only have pitched once vs. NY either way. If he pitched tonight, he'd miss the series next weekend in Fenway, since he pitched last night he'll pitch the Sunday finale next week.

Yeah, you're right.  A division championship and home field advantage through both rounds of playoffs mean nothing.  :D

Of course it means something - it might be the best rivalry in sports:  2 very good teams, intense rivals with bad blood between them with something to play for late in the year.

34875[/snapback]

My advice..lose the series and avoid Johan Santana in a 5 game series

So I guess it's all forgive-and-forget with the whole baseball lockout thing that happened years ago and soiled everbody's love of the game? Sure seems that way.

35025[/snapback]

It's over, get over it. So I guess nobody will route for hockey when they come back? Oh wait..... There aren't that many that route for hockey anyway. :D

It's over, get over it. So I guess nobody will route for hockey when they come back? Oh wait..... There aren't that many that route for hockey anyway.  :D

35031[/snapback]

I don't particularly care about baseball, never did. No skin off my back. Just interesting to see how hurt a lot of people were, and how many said they could never really cheer for baseball as a sport anymore. Time seems to have healed that wound.

time ususally does heal alot, and if you cannot get over something as "unimportant" as sports, then you have bigger issues(not saying you as in Rubes, just you in general)

I don't particularly care about baseball, never did. No skin off my back. Just interesting to see how hurt a lot of people were, and how many said they could never really cheer for baseball as a sport anymore. Time seems to have healed that wound.

35047[/snapback]

That wouldn't have mattered, remember we're talking about the Red Sox

35070[/snapback]

what the hell does that mean? So in your rational the Bills will never win a Super Bowl since they always lose the big game.

Jesus, hate idiotic fans. I'm a Red Sox fan and a Bills fan. What happened last year makes no difference except fot a Yankee fan fantasy.

what the hell does that mean? So in your rational the Bills will never win a Super Bowl since they always lose the big game.

Jesus,  hate idiotic fans. I'm a Red Sox fan and a Bills fan. What happened last year makes no difference except fot a Yankee fan fantasy.

35138[/snapback]

Learn it, live it, love it.