(OT) September Pennant Race Baseball at its finest

Foxboro Mike

Dissapointed in you, Rico.  When in doubt, bring up the past.  Of course, if any Pats fan said, "WIDE RIGHT" on here, he'd be pilloried.

35156[/snapback]

Not by me,

I'd be too busy laughing at all the troll-bait overreacting. :blush:

Wide right was a tough break,

but 1918 is forever. :o

Not by me,

I'd be too busy laughing at all the troll-bait overreacting. :blush:

Wide right was a tough break,

but 1918 is forever. :D

35169[/snapback]

I prefer to think '67, '75, '78, '86, '88, '90, '95, '98, '99, and '03 were just "tough breaks", too. :o

Wasn't trying to incite by referring to SB 25, but just pointing it out it's the same deal.

I'm of the opinion that when we do beat NYY, it will be that much sweeter for the Sox and that much more devastating for the Yankees. ;)

I prefer to think '67, '75, '78, '86, '88, '90, '95, '98, '99, and '03 were just "tough breaks", too.  :blush:

Wasn't trying to incite by referring to SB 25, but just pointing it out it's the same deal.

I'm of the opinion that when we do beat NYY, it will be that much sweeter for the Sox and that much more devastating for the Yankees.  :o

35174[/snapback]

You didn't incite, you just woke kota up, no big deal.

I'll be honest with you,

IF by some miracle the Red Sox ever won a World Series,

I'd be more stunned & shocked than upset.

Even the past few years,

when the Yankees were upset in the playoffs & the World Series,

it didn't really hurt that bad.

All that winning has definitely jaded me,

& made me forget the lean years before 77, & between 82-95.

You didn't incite, you just woke kota up, no big deal.

I'll be honest with you,

IF by some miracle the Red Sox ever won a World Series,

I'd be more stunned & shocked than upset.

Even the past few years,

when the Yankees were upset in the playoffs & the World Series,

it didn't really hurt that bad.

All that winning has definitely jaded me,

& made me forget the lean years before 77, & between 82-95.

35193[/snapback]

Really?? I was pissed beyond belief when the Pats missed the post-season in '02 and will be spitting mad if the there was a redux this year. I want them to win and win and win and win - the same way I felt about the Celts back in the day.

Really??  I was pissed beyond belief when the Pats missed the post-season in '02 and will be spitting mad if the there was a redux this year.   I want them to win and win and win and win - the same way I felt about the Celts back in the day.

35237[/snapback]

Yeah, but that's football.

I'd rather see the Bills win a meaningful game

than the Yankees win a World Series.

But that's just me.

Man if any of my teams in any year dont win im devestated. I think any real fan would be. You must not be to big on your spankees or your really not a fan which is fine. But its getting really dumb people bringing up 1918 all the friggen time when their team the SPANKEES arent doing fantastic. Jeez give it a break rico

Man if any of my teams in any year dont win im devestated. I think any real fan would be. You must not be to big on your spankees or your really not a fan which is fine. But its getting really dumb people bringing up 1918 all the friggen time when their team the SPANKEES arent doing fantastic. Jeez give it a break rico

35298[/snapback]

And this is getting really dumb too, idiot RedSux fans talking stevestojan about the Yankees not doing this or doing that and they still lead the Sux by 3.5 games. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: The Yankees are playing well but as much as I hate to admit it the Sux have been playing remarkably well.

Well the Spankees havent been playing great ball but yes they still have the lead for now. Magic words there are FOR NOW! We shall see how it all works out but the Red Sox do have the pitching for the postseason and the spankees dont plain and simple.

What A huge series. I hope the rain will hold off for tonights game. (and with the snails pace that El Dookie pitch's......) I'm pumped, past is past and oh yeah, A new AL East champ this year.

35524[/snapback]

See what happens when you BoSux fans hope for something? Now we're in a fuggin rain delay...... :blush:

Dissapointed in you, Rico.  When in doubt, bring up the past.  Of course, if any Pats fan said, "WIDE RIGHT" on here, he'd be pilloried.

35156[/snapback]

Yeah FM, we all know you're not one to throw stones or take any cheap shots at anyone.....right???? <_<

35298[/snapback]

Oh, I just like good smack.

And there is no better slam in the sports world than 1918 .

1918 says it all.

There is no comeback for it.

You can beat the Yankees on a Friday night in September.

You can even win the AL East.

But until you win a World Series, you will not get rid of 1918.

It's a beautiful thing. <_<:P;)