I will donate $500 to Hunter's Hope

SDS had a pretty ballsy callout to the detractors of this team, so I will put my money where my mouth is.

I think we have a MickeyMouse coach and a businessman as a GM. To sell JP Losman to the fans for 6 months after cutting Bledsoe, then sitting him after 3 games shows just where the priorities are with the front office....selling tickets and throwback jerseys.

So, if we finish with 9 or more wins, I will donate $500 to Hunter's Hope. I encourage all others to pledge an amount one side or the other. Let's see who believes in their opinion, or who is spewing BS. If someone like 89 is willing to hold checks in escrow, I am more than willing to send one.

Bring it on.

How did I get redirected to a Wrestling site ?  :D

477457[/snapback]

Why do you say that? I'm just trying to raise some money for the kid. Everyone seems to be such big fans, and yes, there are people who think the Bills are crap. So why not make a pledge? 9 or more wins, 8 or less wins....pick a side and put up some dough. Be it $5, $20, or $5,000.

I'm just saying that SDS called out the posters who think this is a bad team and are "gloom and dooom". I still think the Bills are bad, and am willing to donate to a Bills' sponsored charity if I am wrong.

SDS had a pretty ballsy callout to the detractors of this team, so I will put my money where my mouth is.

I think we have a MickeyMouse coach and a businessman as a GM. To sell JP Losman to the fans for 6 months after cutting Bledsoe, then sitting him after 3 games shows just where the priorities are with the front office....selling tickets and throwback jerseys.

So, if we finish with 9 or more wins, I will donate $500 to Hunter's Hope. I encourage all others to pledge an amount one side or the other. Let's see who believes in their opinion, or who is spewing BS. If someone like 89 is willing to hold checks in escrow, I am more than willing to send one.

Bring it on.

477421[/snapback]

I'm poor, but I understand the spirit of this post and think it's a good idea. I'll donate $10 if the Bills finish at 9 wins or better.

I would love to - you keep track of the people willing to donate and even if it is $1 - $5 or more that is great. I'll even get involved by buying a bear for all bets over $100 or an awareness bracelet for those over $5

477421[/snapback]

He was actually offically benched after 4 games with a 1-3 record and the worst QB rating in the league. But hey, he is young, good looking and was drafted in the first round so lets start him!

Lamest idea ever!

Why on earth would you tie the Bills success or failure to a donation to a worthy cause?

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to make a donation regardless of the season outcome?

477855[/snapback]

I was thinking the exact same thing. Donate becuase you want to help not becuase you were right on a prediction.

Your logic is severly flawed. You're saying that you'll donate the money if you're wrong. If your opinion turns out to be correct you keep the $500.00.

How about sending $500.00 to HH now and some amount additionally if you have to eat crow?

Also, a small point of contention. Hunter - God rest his soul - is now beyond needing your, or anyone's, help. Your money will help all kids with Krabbe and other neurological diseases.

Lamest idea ever!

Why on earth would you tie the Bills success or failure to a donation to a worthy cause?

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to make a donation regardless of the season outcome?

477855[/snapback]

This is actually pretty common in regards to charity donation. Companies as well as your favorite sports stars do similar things all the time. A business will donate X amount for every dollar an employee donates or a QB will donate X amount for every TD pass. Also, how do you know that he hasn't already donated to Hunter's Hope and this is extra? Pretty lame thing to try and call somebody out on IMHO.

This is actually pretty common in regards to charity donation. Companies as well as your favorite sports stars do similar things all the time. A business will donate X amount for every dollar an employee donates or a QB will donate X amount for every TD pass. Also, how do you know that he hasn't already donated to Hunter's Hope and this is extra? Pretty lame thing to try and call somebody out on IMHO.

477896[/snapback]

Thank you for the backup. I guess it was a bad idea. I just figured since this is such an opinionated board, get a contest going. No matter how much anybody gives, you can always find room for more. I thought if we had enough people pledging on each side of the record, it could work. I didn't look at it as not donating, I looked at it as betting, and getting someone with the opposite opinion to pay you off, which you then donate your winnings.

I officially withdraw my cruelhearted offer.

You people are pathetic.

People base their donations on real-time events all the time. If he wants to use the Bills record as his donating threshold, then so be it.

Amazing how you criticize someone who says they will donate conditionally. Did he say he'll keep the money if he loses the bet? Not necessarily.

Your logic is severly flawed. You're saying that you'll donate the money if you're wrong. If your opinion turns out to be correct you keep the $500.00.

How about sending $500.00 to HH now and some amount additionally if you have to eat crow?

Also, a small point of contention. Hunter - God rest his soul - is now beyond needing your, or anyone's, help. Your money will help all kids with Krabbe and other neurological diseases.

477885[/snapback]

Thank you for the backup. I guess it was a bad idea. I just figured since this is such an opinionated board, get a contest going. No matter how much anybody gives, you can always find room for more. I thought if we had enough people pledging on each side of the record, it could work. I didn't look at it as not donating, I looked at it as betting, and getting someone with the opposite opinion to pay you off, which you then donate your winnings.

I officially withdraw my cruelhearted offer.

477913[/snapback]

Don't take it back, just do it differently. Say you'll give HH $50 for every win during the regular season. If they run the table, you'll just owe $650 at this point.

People calling out this guy for trying to raise some money for Hunter's Hope...

Wow... the "Holier-than-thou" attitude on this board has reached a new high...

He even said he wanted to see who would put money up for under 9 wins... this means money is raised either way.

If you guys have such a problem with it, call Brian Moorman and tell him what a dick he is... he donates money to charities with every opponents fair catch... what a jerk Moorman is, huh :blink:

If you guys have such a problem with it, call Brian Moorman and tell him what a dick he is... he donates money to charities with every opponents fair catch... what a jerk Moorman is, huh :D

478691[/snapback]

That's why we all root for 3-and-outs. We're charitable like that. :blink:

Bring it on.

477421[/snapback]

Do you really need the Bills record to dictate how much money you will donate? From the sound of your post it seems that you wish they don't finish anywhere near that record so that you can back out of your deal. Even so, how would you prove to anyone here that you actually donated the money, and why should we even care what you do in the first place?

Do you really need the Bills record to dictate how much money you will donate?  From the sound of your post it seems that you wish they don't finish anywhere near that record so that you can back out of your deal.  Even so, how would you prove to anyone here that you actually donated the money, and why should we even care what you do in the first place?

478779[/snapback]

I'm sorry.....maybe I should offer a free lunch to anyone who can predict a win/loss for each of the Bills remaining games. Then I'll get 200 people replying and saying how awesome that is.

A) This is a Bills board for avid fans, most of who have a strong opinion about the team.

B) Hunter's Hope is a charity connected to the Bills which we can all get behind. If you make donations on your own, that is great and encouraged, I was looking for a fun way to raise money for them whether you think the Bills will win 9 or more, or 8 or less. I figured maybe someone could do without an extra Bills T-shirt and put it on the line against an opposite opinion.

C) I offered for a "trusted" member of this board like 89 to hold all checks until the outcome was determined, who in turn offered to give items to those who end up donating.

D) The spirit of the statement came after reading SDS post about how all the gloom and doomers should go eat a garbage plate of Sam Adam's jock straps because we are obviously not a bad team. I disagree.

E) It would not be easy for me to donate $500 to anyone, but I'm a big boy and would honor my statement. The large amount was due to my supreme confidence this team won't be above .500 at the end of the year.

F) I am a huge Bills fan who lives in Miami and comes up for almost every game. I hope we run the table and win the SuperBowl. If this was 1992, I would say we can do it. The way this team has been run the past few years reminds me of the Dolphins however, and I think they are much more concerned with off-field operations than on-field.

I thought the idea might catch on, but I obviously missed the boat on this one. I already said I pulled the idea, so nobody has to worry about it anymore. I encourage you to donate to HH on your own. Also Brian Moorman does great work with Roswell and Carly's Club. Thanks to those who appreciated the idea, at least I won't have to crawl quite as far back under my rock!

Bring it on.

477421[/snapback]

If you can afford to donate that $500, maybe you should regardless of the Bills record.

By the way- the front office doesn't bench the QB, no matter what Mr. Scope says on the radio

Do you really need the Bills record to dictate how much money you will donate?  From the sound of your post it seems that you wish they don't finish anywhere near that record so that you can back out of your deal.  Even so, how would you prove to anyone here that you actually donated the money, and why should we even care what you do in the first place?

478779[/snapback]

WTF is wrong with the idiots here slamming people who responded to SDS's challenge and said they'd pledge money if they had to eat crow and were wrong about the Bills success?

If that's how he wants to do it, how is that your concern? Who are you to judge how someone else wants to give to charity?