I will donate $500 to Hunter's Hope

WTF is wrong with the idiots here slamming people who responded to SDS's challenge and said they'd pledge money if they had to eat crow and were wrong about the Bills success?

If that's how he wants to do it, how is that your concern?  Who are you to judge how someone else wants to give to charity?

478832[/snapback]

Actually, with regard to this thread one can hold dual opposing views. For instance, I think it is neat that the poster "Dwight Drane" feels compelled enough to offer up a donation, predicated on a teams win accumulation while at the EXACT SAME TIME, I also, personally, think doing this would be completely stupid for ME to do as I personally would give $500 to a worthy cause regardless of an NFL season.

Again, good for him for doing it and good for the people who think it dumb, for themselves to do it. I understand you directed the comments for those that judge him, but when you throw something out there on a board like this you cannot be surprised at the responses you get.

Gee whiz - football is a competition and he just wanted to add a little of it to a donation. Charity is just that and for that reason he should not have been flamed like that.

There are many corporations who give x amt of $ for each sack, field goal etc. What's the difference? He didn't ask you to give $500. Sometimes you amaze me with how you can take a positive and make a negative.

You people are pathetic. 

People base their donations on real-time events all the time.  If he wants to use the Bills record as his donating threshold, then so be it. 

Amazing how you criticize someone who says they will donate conditionally.  Did he say he'll keep the money if he loses the bet? Not necessarily.

477925[/snapback]

I wasn't criticizing the guy for trying to raise money for HH. I applaud anyone for supporting such a great organization. I was just stating that based on the scenario that he laid out if he is right about the Bills final record he will donate NOTHING to HH.

He never said that he would donate the $ either way.

That said, I'll be making a donation to HH today just because I appreciate all that the Kellys have done and in honor of what a wonderful soul Hunter possessed.