Lots of topics with Drew in it

Mikie2times

For those getting a hard on for Bledsoe’s great start don't you remember a similar start for the Bills? Get over it people, he's not here anymore, and even if he was he wouldn't be putting up numbers anywhere close to what he is now. It's not like we didn't know he had a cannon or a pretty deep ball, when given time he has always been a solid player.

When he's got a pocket he is a good qb, even his horrible tenure as Bills qb showed that. The problem is he is one of the leagues worst QB's when under pressure, not exactly a perfect fit for the Bills. We need a QB that gets it out quick, is accurate on short throws, and limits mistakes under duress. Drew has none of those qualities, Holcomb has them all, and JP has the potential to have them all.

Drew could throw for 40 TD's this year and it still won't make the decision to release him a poor move. He just doesn't fit the personnel, and scheme of our offense. Pressure him and he will fold, it will happen in Dallas just as it happened in Buffalo. Just like New England fans told us, Drew will wow you only to break your heart time and time again.

I wish him the best in Dallas, but he is just not a good fit for this team, and it's absurd that so many people are pining for him again after what we witnessed the last few years.

BEAT THE JETS!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my Pats board, circa October 2002.

Give it time, it'll work itself out.

477000[/snapback]

You mean looking brilliant in drives, then standing in the pocket with arm extended back, oblivious to the guy behind him stripping the ball?

I wish him the best in Dallas, but he is just not a good fit for this team, and it's absurd that so many people are pining for him again after what we witnessed the last few years. 

BEAT THE JETS!!!!!!!!!

476975[/snapback]

I agree with your sentiments, for the most part. I don't think there are so many people "pining for him again" as there is a smaller minority that thought he was let go prematurely. Yes, he sucked at times his last two and a half years in Buffalo, but as he is proving in Dallas, it wasn't so much that his skills had eroded (as was the popular mantra) but that the team that dealt for him, didn't really make the right moves (ie: pay more than lip service to the O-line) to take advantage of his skills.

I agree with your sentiments, for the most part.  I don't think there are so many people "pining for him again" as there is a smaller minority that thought he was let go prematurely.  Yes, he sucked at times his last two and a half years in Buffalo, but as he is proving in Dallas, it wasn't so much that his skills had eroded (as was the popular mantra) but that the team that dealt for him, didn't really make the right moves (ie: pay more than lip service to the O-line) to take advantage of his skills.

477007[/snapback]

Exactly.

The other common mantra (aside from the "skills eroded") was that he can't complete short passes or screen passes. I just staretd watching the game, but have seen three short passes (including a screen) on this drive alone...

CW

I agree with your sentiments, for the most part.  I don't think there are so many people "pining for him again" as there is a smaller minority that thought he was let go prematurely.  Yes, he sucked at times his last two and a half years in Buffalo, but as he is proving in Dallas, it wasn't so much that his skills had eroded (as was the popular mantra) but that the team that dealt for him, didn't really make the right moves (ie: pay more than lip service to the O-line) to take advantage of his skills.

477007[/snapback]

I probably over estimated how much people want Drew back, but I still can't understand how people feel Drew has gone threw a metamorphous. I expected him to play really well in Dallas, he is a a very good QB for the players they have.

Some people believe you can just plug and play a successful QB, or that a bad QB on one team will be a bad QB on every team. Maybe a few players fit that mold, but certainly not Drew, and certainly not the majority of the QB's. We never surrounded Drew with players that catered to his play, and while I fault TD for this I also factor in just how much Drew does need.

Bottom line, he would be struggling big time right now if he was still in Buffalo. Perhaps even worse then he has in past years. The line has had a host of injuries, and has not been pass blocking very well, and TE's have been non existent.

Drew is a good guy, and I wish him the best. But he isn't the right QB for Buffalo. Holcomb is much better able to sense pressure and get rid of the ball quickly than Drew. His rating was over 80 today and over 100 last week. If Holcomb can continue those kinds of numbers, he'll be our Drew Brees; with Losman being our Philip Rivers.

For those getting a hard on for Bledsoe’s great start don't you remember a similar start for the Bills? Get over it people, he's not here anymore, and even if he was he wouldn't be putting up numbers anywhere close to what he is now. It's not like we didn't know he had a cannon or a pretty deep ball, when given time he has always been a solid player.

When he's got a pocket he is a good qb, even his horrible tenure as Bills qb showed that. The problem is he is one of the leagues worst QB's when under pressure, not exactly a perfect fit for the Bills.  We need a QB that gets it out quick, is accurate on short throws, and limits mistakes under duress. Drew has none of those qualities, Holcomb has them all, and JP has the potential to have them all.

Drew could throw for 40 TD's this year and it still won't make the decision to release him a poor move. He just doesn't fit the personnel, and scheme of our offense. Pressure him and he will fold, it will happen in Dallas just as it happened in Buffalo. Just like New England fans told us, Drew will wow you only to break your heart time and time again.

BEAT THE JETS!!!!!!!!!

476975[/snapback]

The only people on this board starting topics on DB were the ones who said his career was over and done with and nothing could resurrect his play. I guess the crow tastes a little bitter to them now.

Those of us who respected his play and knew the team had other shortcomings have moved on.

He is gone and nothing can be done about it. He's no longer a Bill and not worth crying over.

Exactly.

The other common mantra (aside from the "skills eroded") was that he can't complete short passes or screen passes.  I just staretd watching the game, but have seen three short passes (including a screen) on this drive alone...

CW

477008[/snapback]

One problem i had was that he always tended to fade over the course of a season. My dad pointed this out when we traded for him (he was against the trade) and i noticed it, not just in '02, but in all of his seasons. Now i you'd have to compile his passre ratings over his career, but Bledsoe has always seemed to fade down the stretch, and not come up big when it mattered most. Still, releasing him was the right move for the franchise.

My rooting against him now is a function of him playing for parcells and the cowboys, moreso than it is against him as a QB...