ouchie...some people a little thin skinned

Adam

Schoop is supposedly a member of Mensa. For someone allegedly so smart, the best he can do is a $20,000 a year gig on a crap sports station in Buffalo?  I think he hates it in Buffalo so much but has no talent to move up to a bigger market. (Weekend overnights on ESPN Radio once in awhile doesn't cut it). That and his overwhelming lack of sports knowledge. His disdain for Buffalo and it's sports fans shows through on his show these days as he rips on people and talks down to caller after caller. I think if he hates it here so much he should GET OUT OF TOWN. He thinks people that vote in internet polls and spend time on message boards have an IQ of less than 50? There you go. Looking down on people not as smart as he thinks he is. The 6 people that listen to his show should find something better to do - like vote in internet polls and spend time on message boards.

474784[/snapback]

Not to mention that WGR is always pimping their web polls.

I think the clincher for me is that even the Bulldog, who at first pooh-poohed the idea along with a vehement Schopp, admitted that callers who dialed up the post game show were correct in saying Mularky should have taken a safety and the free kick rather than punt from his own 5 (with a 6 pt lead) late in the 4th quarter. Schopp continued to hold that it was silly, but now he's saying that "it's too small a thing to matter", (which is a far cry from the response that the caller got on Sunday). I mean, geez. Is it so impossible to admit that a caller may have been right and you may have been wrong?

I also like how he makes fun of a caller's point, then has 3 or 4 callers in a row who agree with said point. Of course he explains those anomalies away by saying "this is the worst segment of calls..." among other things to avoid actually thinking about the issue at hand critically.

At any rate, I still listen. I love sports, and it's all I've got in my car going to and from work.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we change the title of this to be more clear and pin it, to let people know that WGR does not want people who use message boards to listen to their station?

474491[/snapback]

I second that!

Believe me; I know a LOT of morons who are members of Mensa. Being a member of Mensa anymore means no more than being accepted into the Who's Who in American High School Students.

475000[/snapback]

The thing about Mensa is: if you really are that smart, why do you have to tell people you are? Shouldn't your words and actions let the people around you know whether or not you are intelligent? Oh, silly me. I forgot that saying "I'm in Mensa" provide the words that let people know you're smart and that holding up a piece of paper that says "I'm smart" is the action that lets people around you know you're smart. :)

The thing about Mensa is: if you really are that smart, why do you have to tell people you are?  Shouldn't your words and actions let the people around you know whether or not you are intelligent?  Oh, silly me.  I forgot that saying "I'm in Mensa" provide the words that let people know you're smart and that holding up a piece of paper that says "I'm smart" is the action that lets people around you know you're smart. :)

475004[/snapback]

I agree. The need to display one's intelligence via a third party seems a bit drastic to me. One of my former employees was a member of Mensa and he had the spelling and grammatical capabilities of a two-year-old.

The humorous thing is that, about a year or so ago, we did a few threads where everyone listed their occupations, the cities where they lived, and to a point their salaries. The interesting part of those threads was that the internet message board user on TBD seemed to be an upper middle class, successful, white collar worker, originally from Buffalo, but who has since moved away chiefly due to career opportunities. The person takes a bit of time each day to follow the Bills and gradually became part of a community here at TBD.

Essentially, what I'm saying is that the internet message boards user here on TBD can run circles around Mike Schoop with their eyes closed, in a professional sense, a financial sense and in a cognitive abilities sense. Sure, we have knee-jerk reactions and its not always pleasant, but all-in-all, Mike Schoop can't shine our shoes. :)

Well if he is ripping on people posting on these message boards, then I agree with him 1000%

I think there are too many internet forum posting Bills fans that are nothing more then complaining whiney school girls, and that's actually being unfair comparing  towards complaining whiney school girls

I

474382[/snapback]

Of course you aren't including yourself in this group? Are you?

Judging by the car ive seen him bouncing around town in im gonna guess that Mike Schoop makes quite a bit more than $20,000

His show does wear on me though at times.

475374[/snapback]

I think he mentioned on the radio, something about a Lexus. If so, that car easily costs more then his yearly salary, according to some. <_<

Sometimes WGR can be annoying, but it's the only show in town, and I like having 24 hour sports radio.