RB help....

The Tomcat

I've got to pick up 2 rb roster spots....

McAllister out and my reserve Blaylock out.....

Any insight????

Help me Obi Wan Kanobe.....your my only hope!

I just released Blaylock and picked up Patrick Pass.....

its a 12 team league with a 17 round draft so its slim pickens....

Edited by THE TOMCAT

I've got to pick up 2 rb roster spots....

McAllister out and my reserve Blaylock out.....

Any insight????

Help me Obi Wan Kanobe.....your my only hope!

I just released Blaylock and picked up Patrick Pass.....

its a 12 team league with a 17 round draft so its slim pickens....

472857[/snapback]

Pick up Jesse Chatman, he looks to be the saints next starter. Though he'll probalby be useless to you for a week or two, he'll be worth it in the long run. Antoine Smith is a decent short term solution for just this week.

is the Bus there, he might be a decent option also.

473205[/snapback]

That's the move I made.

I get the definetive "McCallister is out for the year" alert.

Within five minutes another "gentleman" in my league had already picked up Antoine Smith, right out from under me (you know who you are...hey, man, I would have done the same, so no hard feelings :doh:. It was a ballsy move).

So I'm screwed, right?

Nope, I grab the Bus off the wire, because what have I got to lose, and I'll get to see how he does in the Monday night game. Now RoboBerger goes down (hyperextended knee--could play this sunday), and Bus has a decent game.

Bus was gone on draft day (deep draft)

A. Smith is gone as well...

The Saints new RB (Chapman) is there....a possiblity...

Keep them coming please

473260[/snapback]

You're probably going to go with Chatman and hope he gets in there in replace of Smith sooner rather than later.

What about (shudder) Ricky?

unknown. stecker is hurt, antoine is old. i think if stecker was at %100 the saints would go with him, he did well last year for them, but he's not. stecker might or might not play this week. if he does he'll only split carries.

i'd guess (and not garuntee it) antoine smith gets 15 carries this week, then next week chatman get the bulk of the carries. this is really just a stab in the dark though.

Maybe Brandon Jacobs from the Giants? He won't likely get a ton of yards, or carries, but he is emerging as the Giants short yardage and goal line guy. Kind of the same role Bettis had last year....just a thought. Also, Frank Gore from San Francisco has been getting a few more carries each week. He might be a good pick up for late in the season, when Nolan realizes that Barlow sucks, and his team is officially going nowhere....

• 4 weeks later...

I'll continue with this saga...

To re-cap:

I draft McCallister with my first round pick...gets hurt, out for season.

I pick up Willie Green and Jerome Bettis...Green out for season, Bettis gets hurt.

I pick up Green's backup, Tony Fisher....Fisher cracks rib, out for a couple weeks.

I think I've solved it, now I have Chester Taylor, Cedric Benson, and I've had Stephen Davis all year (one big hit away from going down...yeah boy-eee).

I was thinking of picking up the new Green Bay RB, Gado or Gabbo or something, just so that he could also get injured and keep the comedy going for GB, but I don't even see the guy listed on Yahoo yet.

If anyone wants me to draft, and therefore cripple a running back, let me know. If it is in my power to do so, it will get done.

To re-cap:

I pick up Willie Green and Jerome Bettis...Green out for season, Bettis gets hurt.

I pick up Green's backup, Tony Fisher....Fisher cracks rib, out for a couple weeks.

I think I've solved it, now I have Chester Taylor, Cedric Benson, and I've had Stephen Davis all year (one big hit away from going down...yeah boy-eee).

I was thinking of picking up the new Green Bay RB, Gado or Gabbo or something, just so that he could also get injured and keep the comedy going for GB, but I don't even see the guy listed on Yahoo yet.

If anyone wants me to draft, and therefore cripple a running back, let me know.  If it is in my power to do so, it will get done.

497218[/snapback]

i have been waiting on gado to get signed to an nfl roster.......

i was going to pick up gado for myself and he wasnt listed on yahoo......read pro football weeklys comments about him.............packers think he's the next willie parker, speed and power........scored in his first game........gave him a ton of carries for not being quite in game shape --24+?

To re-cap:

If anyone wants me to draft, and therefore cripple a running back, let me know.  If it is in my power to do so, it will get done.

497218[/snapback]

Heres my RB situation for this week- even worse then my QB situation(Anquan Bolden is hurt for me too :huh: -Deuce Mcallister-IR Fred Taylor-Out Travis Henry-Useless Antoine Smith-Bye Chris Perry-Bye :):lol: I picked up Greg Jones and Brandon Jacobs for this week. Its amazing- my team also has Mark Clayton and Tony Gonzales as high picks, neither has done anything but somehow I am second place in my league with a chance for a bye. I keep scraping bye with low scores- I always said I would rather be lucky then good! I picked up Wilford a couple weeks ago and he looks real solid at WR

Heres my RB situation for this week- even worse then my QB situation(Anquan Bolden is hurt for me too  ;) -Deuce Mcallister-IR  Fred Taylor-Out  Travis Henry-Useless  Antoine Smith-Bye  Chris Perry-Bye :lol:  :lol:  I picked up Greg Jones and Brandon Jacobs for this week.  Its amazing- my team also has Mark Clayton and Tony Gonzales as high picks, neither has done anything but somehow I am second place in my league with a chance for a bye.  I keep scraping bye with low scores- I always said I would rather be lucky then good!  I picked up Wilford a couple weeks ago and he looks real solid at WR

499100[/snapback]

Here's my WR's in the order I drafted them in a money league.

Javon Walker (Out)

Andre Johnson (finally back in, but I didn't expect the Texans to suck this bad)

Darrell Jackson (Out)

L. Fitzgerald (my savior)

Traded for

Roy Willimas (Out)

Picked up

Brandon Lloyd (Out)

Robert Ferguson (Out)

I'm gonna trade for Kennison to see if I can jinx him for this Sunday.

To re-cap:

497218[/snapback]

The streak continues...

Cedric Benson left yesterday's game (knee) and is getting an MRI today :rolleyes: .

Next up, Greg Jones. The lines are:

3-1 Knee

5-1 Ankle

8-1 Ribs (10-1 if they also puncture a lung)

15-1 Total paralysis

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.