Holcomb.....

YOOOOOO

Actually helped the playcalling in this game....The Bills became alil more power/short intermediate passing team that i expected them to be with Losman from the start......

But now it gives the opposing team more of a chance to key in on Mcgahee and stop the run......There going to stack the box....they will dare Clements and this offense to go deep...Hopefully Holcomb can get it done in coming weeks...

Actually helped the playcalling in this game....The Bills became alil more power/short intermediate passing team that i expected them to be with Losman from the start......

But now it gives the opposing team more of a chance to key in on Mcgahee and stop the run......There going to stack the box....they will dare Clements and this offense to go deep...Hopefully Holcomb can get it done in coming weeks...

470666[/snapback]

Teams did the same thing with JP in there. We are going to have to find a way to loosen things up one way or another. Our line has a tough enough time blocking even when there are not 8 defenders in the box.

I'm not sure the Holcomb experiment is going to last long. I thought he'd probably solidified his starting spot in the coaches eyes with a great first three drives, but then he turned right around and may have lost the job with his performance afterward. They could not come close to sustaining a 2nd half drive, had about 70 second half overall yards, and only scored a FG because of McGee. This despite a Miami team that tried to give them the game. Three drive killing second half sacks and that hideous lateral were additional lowlights. Had they lost, I'd say Losman would be back in next week, but the win gives Holcomb a reprieve.

I'm not sure the Holcomb experiment is going to last long.  I thought he'd probably solidified his starting spot in the coaches eyes with a great first three drives,  but then he turned right around and may have lost the job with his performance afterward.  They could not come close to sustaining a 2nd half drive,  had about 70 second half overall yards,  and only scored a FG because of McGee.  This despite a Miami team that tried to give them the game.  Three drive killing second half sacks and that hideous lateral were additional lowlights.  Had they lost,  I'd say Losman would be back in next week,  but the win gives Holcomb a reprieve.

470687[/snapback]

He finished 20/26 passing, 1 TD 0 INT. He's hanging on by a thread.

I'm not sure the Holcomb experiment is going to last long.  I thought he'd probably solidified his starting spot in the coaches eyes with a great first three drives,  but then he turned right around and may have lost the job with his performance afterward.  They could not come close to sustaining a 2nd half drive,  had about 70 second half overall yards,  and only scored a FG because of McGee.  This despite a Miami team that tried to give them the game.  Three drive killing second half sacks and that hideous lateral were additional lowlights.  Had they lost,  I'd say Losman would be back in next week,  but the win gives Holcomb a reprieve.

470687[/snapback]

Um, those sacks were the fault of the blocking, not the QB. If you allow defenders to come untouched or pratically untouched up the middle of the field, your QB is going to take sacks.

Buffalo's offensive problems in the second half were because Miami did a better job exploiting our line. Having gone 20-26 on the day, the QB is not the problem.

Um, those sacks were the fault of the blocking, not the QB. If you allow defenders to come untouched or pratically untouched up the middle of the field, your QB is going to take sacks.

Buffalo's offensive problems in the second half were because Miami did a better job exploiting our line. Having gone 20-26 on the day, the QB is not the problem.

470723[/snapback]

20/26 is a meaningless stat. How many yards, points, and first downs did this team manage after the first three drives? Once the energy of the QB switch wore off, it looked like the same team that played the first four weeks. They couldn't put Miami away despite the fact that the Dolphins seemed intent on giving them the win.

Holcomb looked like what I thought he was when the season started: a good backup and a decent spot starter. He's not a difference maker and a savior for the ails of this offense, and I think the 2nd half proved it.

20/26 is a meaningless stat.  How many yards,  points,  and first downs did this team manage after the first three drives?  Once the energy of the QB switch wore off,  it looked like the same team that played the first four weeks.  They couldn't put Miami away despite the fact that the Dolphins seemed intent on giving them the win. 

Holcomb looked like what I thought he was when the season started: a good backup and a decent spot starter.  He's not a difference maker and a savior for the ails of this offense,  and I think the 2nd half proved it.

470746[/snapback]

stop whining GODDDDDDDDD

I'm not whining.  I'm simply looking at it realistically.  We won.  I don't think we'll win many more playing like today.

470754[/snapback]

It's a 60 minute game. If the coaches are worth anything, they'll look at what KH did right and expand on it. Keep JP on the bench for now. 'Phins did a nice job of ajusting in the second half.

20/26 is a meaningless stat.  How many yards,  points,  and first downs did this team manage after the first three drives?  Once the energy of the QB switch wore off,  it looked like the same team that played the first four weeks.  They couldn't put Miami away despite the fact that the Dolphins seemed intent on giving them the win. 

Holcomb looked like what I thought he was when the season started: a good backup and a decent spot starter.  He's not a difference maker and a savior for the ails of this offense,  and I think the 2nd half proved it.

470746[/snapback]

I think the problem was more on the offensive line in the 2nd half than the QB.

It's a 60 minute game.  If the coaches are worth anything, they'll look at what KH did right and expand on it. Keep JP on the bench for now.  'Phins did a nice job of ajusting in the second half.

470764[/snapback]

That would be the correct course of action at this point. That said, I do feel that the first half was more a result of the team getting an emotional boost from the QB switch. Once that wore off and the team came back to reality, they looked like the Bills of the first four games. In a lot of ways, it reminds me of the Texans game.

Based on today's performace, Holcomb should be allowed to play on. While you ask: "What did the offense do in the second half?", I ask: "How many mental mistakes did Holcomb make during the game?

The answer to my question is ZERO.

Holcomb, while not stellar by any means, played mistake-free, turnover-free football. Aside from a botched handoff that appeared to be McGahee's fault more than his, Holcomb's throws were right on the money, he made quick decisions and did not throw any game-killing interceptions the way JP has done.

JP is still young, he has some bad habbits and doesn't yet know how to read complex defenses and it has shown in the past 4 weeks. He is lucky he doesn't have 5 more INTs because he has thrown it directly to defenders, only for them to drop the ball.

If we continue to play mistake-free football on offense, the points will come. Holcomb showed me that he is capable of that. I say ride that train.

470687[/snapback]

I think the problem was more on the offensive line in the 2nd half than the QB.

470774[/snapback]

You know what? I don't disagree. I think the Bills have problems that go much further than the QB spot. I'm simply pointing out that for all the bitching about Losman, we needed a lot more than we got out of Holcomb in the 2nd half today, too. Part of that is the QB's fault (Losman and Holcomb). Part of that is also the surrounding talent and coaching. This offense is not very good and I think Holcomb is just a bandaid for one of many weak positions.

Based on today's performace, Holcomb should be allowed to play on.  While you ask: "What did the offense do in the second half?", I ask:  "How many mental mistakes did Holcomb make during the game?

470777[/snapback]

I'd say throwing a ball backwards out of bounds qualifies as a mistake, especially when it dams near took us out of FG range.

Based on today's performace, Holcomb should be allowed to play on.  While you ask: "What did the offense do in the second half?", I ask:  "How many mental mistakes did Holcomb make during the game?

Holcomb, while not stellar by any means, played mistake-free, turnover-free football.  Aside from a botched handoff that appeared to be McGahee's fault more than his, Holcomb's throws were right on the money, he made quick decisions and did not throw any game-killing interceptions the way JP has done.

JP is still young, he has some bad habbits and doesn't yet know how to read complex defenses and it has shown in the past 4 weeks.  He is lucky he doesn't have 5 more INTs because he has thrown it directly to defenders, only for them to drop the ball.

If we continue to play mistake-free football on offense, the points will come.  Holcomb showed me that he is capable of that.  I say ride that train.

470777[/snapback]

He had one nearly disastrous mistake late in the game with the lateral. That could have cost us a FG in what was a three point game.

You know what?  I don't disagree.  I think the Bills have problems that go much further than the QB spot.  I'm simply pointing out that for all the bitching about Losman,  we needed a lot more than we got out of Holcomb in the 2nd half today,  too.  Part of that is the QB's fault (Losman and Holcomb).  Part of that is also the surrounding talent and coaching.  This offense is not very good and I think Holcomb is just a bandaid for one of many weak positions.

470786[/snapback]

That's true, but as long as Buffalo has a chance to make the playoffs, the Bills should put the players who give them the best chance to win on the field. Right now, that's not Losman at the QB position.

The o-line has zero depth. Zero.