Holcomb.....

YOOOOOO

That's true, but as long as Buffalo has a chance to make the playoffs, the Bills should put the players who give them the best chance to win on the field. Right now, that's not Losman at the QB position.

The o-line has zero depth. Zero.

470794[/snapback]

You know, if this team had a legitimate chance at the playoffs, I'd agree. But lets face the harsh reality. We can't generate any offense in the second half and precious little anytime else, we can't stop third down and our run defense is abysmal, This is not a playoff caliber team, so why not take your lumps and see if your talent assesment is correct and JP is the QB of the future.

You know what?  I don't disagree.  I think the Bills have problems that go much further than the QB spot.  I'm simply pointing out that for all the bitching about Losman,  we needed a lot more than we got out of Holcomb in the 2nd half today,  too.  Part of that is the QB's fault (Losman and Holcomb).  Part of that is also the surrounding talent and coaching.  This offense is not very good and I think Holcomb is just a bandaid for one of many weak positions.

470786[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said but Brandon let me ask you this: Do we win today with JP starting? Kelly is not the long term answer but if your a wide reciever on the Buffalo Bills or even WM how long can you possibly take it before you blow a fuse due to JP's play? You have to find a way to get the ball to the weapons that line-up on Sunday. The offensive line is as it has been for as long as Jim Kelly's days is our main problem and to me their is only 1 person to blame for that.

Teams did the same thing with JP in there.  We are going to have to find a way to loosen things up one way or another.  Our line has a tough enough time blocking even when there are not 8 defenders in the box.

470673[/snapback]

Amen to that!!! Our offensive problems can't be traced to just the QB or Wills not running hard enough.

I agree with everything you said but Brandon let me ask you this: Do we win today with JP starting? Kelly is not the long term answer but if your a wide reciever on the Buffalo Bills or even WM how long can you possibly take it before you blow a fuse due to JP's play?  You have to find a way to get the ball to the weapons that line-up on Sunday. The offensive line is as it has been for as long as Jim Kelly's days is our main problem and to me their is only 1 person to blame for that.

470808[/snapback]

Actually, no, I do not think we would have won this game with Losman, but that comes with a big disclaimer: I think our first three drives were the result of the team getting an emotional boost from the QB switch. The rest of the game was much more representative of how I think they'll actually play next week and even further down the road, which is to say a lot closer to how they've played all year. I see the QB switch as having an overall minimal effect in the longer term of the season and just sacrifices development time for Losman with little advantage in the W/L column.