My first time for no hope for Bills

SlamnSam

I have followed the Bills and have been a fan since 87. This is the first time I have felt zero hope for the team. I have supported them trough thick and lots of thin, even the RJ years. I always hoped they would pull it off. The latest move with taking JP out really sucks. There is no hope in Holcomb doing anything at all. JP career has been sabatoged. I have had season tickets for over ten years and I probably wont even watch this game. I know this horse has been beat to death, just wanted to vent my dislike for Malarkey the weak man who can stand up for doing the right thing.

I have followed the Bills and have been a fan since 87. This is the first time I have felt zero hope for the team. I have supported them trough thick and lots of thin, even the RJ years. I always hoped they would pull it off. The latest move with taking JP out really sucks. There is no hope in Holcomb doing anything at all. JP career has been sabatoged. I have had season tickets for over ten years and I probably wont even watch this game. I know this horse has been beat to death, just wanted to vent my dislike for Malarkey the weak man who can stand up for doing the right thing.

470090[/snapback]

Hey, that's not the SlamnSam we all know and love. What can I do to cheer you up? Smash a beer can on my forehead? C'mon ya big lug, it's Miami week. We can beat these panzies.

470090[/snapback]

Dude, you have no idea what's going to happen the rest of the season...for gosh sakes, get over it.....When we get past the half way mark and closer to determining our fate, then take time out of your day to post this drivel.....until then, GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

I'm expecting a big win tomorrow for Buffalo.

Hang on, it's not over yet.

470125[/snapback]

lmao...uh-huh..... 0:)

as big a JP fan as i am , i still hope we can go 13-3 . you never know what tomarrow will bring . as much as i hate to think it this might have been a plan all along to do this to the fish .it is very strange how this was all done .

470090[/snapback]

Faith is all about believing in something when there is know conclusive reasons to believe and when there are actually a ton of real worl occurences that indicate that one should not believe.

Faith is about looking beyond reality even when there is no mathermatical reason for achieving out goals in the here and now.

There is little more that need be said but have faith.

As far as logical reasons, there are actually plenty of them to know it ain't over unitl its over as far as this season or even JP's career.

Mathematically, we are facing a team that has done well so far thuis year, but I know few that are declaring this Fin team a lock for an SB win, berth, or even making the playoffs. Any team can win on any given Sunday and at home against this Fish team with this Buffalo team certainly gives us far more than no chance to beat them.

We next go west which is hashistorically been tough for us, but with he coincidental help of cheezburgers we reversed this fate at the end of last year and against this hapless Raiders crew, this game is also doable.

Getting the Jets at home with Vinny has to be one easily seen as winnable.

It probably will not happen but easily we could be 4-3 at that point and though this not how we visualized it happening that record would be more than compettive in an AFC east that may be seeing a huge shift from the Pats led fortunes of the past couple of years.

As far as JP, the key to the Bills winning is almost certainly not going to be Holcomb being good because the key to the Bills winning was almost certainly not going to be JP having to be more than a young QB with both steps forward and many steps back this year.

I expect little from Holcomb but the occaisonal flashes he has shown in his journwyman career, but just as if JP were there the D needs to play better and the ST needs to keep up its level of play so that its additions are mere add ons because it will never carry a team particularly one whose D has failed to stop the run and whose O production has been limited to some good WM runs.

As far as JP, I too am sorry to see him benched because I think neither failed play by him or failed play by Holcomb makes much difference for this team. I doubt he has given up on himself or his dreams even after this benching (and if he has then he wouldn't have made it anyway. So i do not think you are correct in declaring him a done deal.

Even the worst disses of getting traded happened to Farve and Yound and B. Johnson was let go twice by teams before he won an SB. JP simply needs to suck it up and youi should as well.

Have faith.

I have followed the Bills and have been a fan since 87. This is the first time I have felt zero hope for the team.

470090[/snapback]

Everytime I read these posts, I wonder what people were doing in 2003. I know it's really digging deep into the archives (all of 2 years ago) - but you know - the failure to score an offensive TD in 7 out of 16 games? With an older, less talented group on offense led by a worse coach competing in a stronger division? Remember that? Does everyone just have amnesia? How could ANYBODY have had hope for that team and not this one?

I don't know FFS, I look at it this way:

I was there week one, wore my TBD Tailgate shirt and the Bills won. I am going back tomorrow, wearing the same shirt. Draw your own conclusions!

Stats say the Bills are 1-0 given these variables. We know stats are meaningful, right? :w00t:

0:)

Faith is all about believing in something when there is know conclusive reasons to believe and when there are actually a ton of real worl occurences that indicate that one should not believe.

Faith is about looking beyond reality even when there is no mathermatical reason for achieving out goals in the here and now.

There is little more that need be said but have faith.

As far as logical reasons, there are actually plenty of them to know it ain't over unitl its over as far as this season or even JP's career.

Mathematically, we are facing a team that has done well so far thuis year, but I know few that are declaring this Fin team a lock for an SB win, berth, or even making the playoffs. Any team can win on any given Sunday and at home against this Fish team with this Buffalo team certainly gives us far more than no chance to beat them.

We next go west which is hashistorically been tough for us, but with he coincidental help of cheezburgers we reversed this fate at the end of last year and against this hapless Raiders crew, this game is also doable.

Getting the Jets at home with Vinny has to be one easily seen as winnable.

It probably will not happen but easily we could be 4-3 at that point and though this not how we visualized it happening that record would be more than compettive in an AFC east that may be seeing a huge shift from the Pats led fortunes of the past couple of years.

As far as JP, the key to the Bills winning is almost certainly not going to be Holcomb being good because the key to the Bills winning was almost certainly not going to be JP having to be more than a young QB with both steps forward and many steps back this year.

I expect little from Holcomb but the occaisonal flashes he has shown in his journwyman career, but just as if JP were there the D needs to play better and the ST needs to keep up its level of play so that its additions are mere add ons because it will never carry a team particularly one whose D has failed to stop the run and whose O production has been limited to some good WM runs.

As far as JP, I too am sorry to see him benched because I think neither failed play by him or failed play by Holcomb makes much difference for this team.  I doubt he has given up on himself or his dreams even after this benching (and if he has then he wouldn't have made it anyway.  So i do not think you are correct in declaring him a done deal.

Even the worst disses of getting traded happened to Farve and Yound and B. Johnson was let go twice by teams before he won an SB.  JP simply needs to suck it up and youi should as well.

Have faith.

470155[/snapback]

Everytime I read these posts, I wonder what people were doing in 2003.  I know it's really digging deep into the archives (all of 2 years ago) - but you know - the failure to score an offensive TD in 7 out of 16 games?  With an older, less talented group on offense led by a worse coach competing in a stronger division?  Remember that?  Does everyone just have amnesia?  How could ANYBODY have had hope for that team and not this one?

470172[/snapback]

I think it's like a child throwing a temper tantrum over a toy. They wanted so badly for JP to be some instant magic star. Well, he's not, and the team still has a job to do. So when the team makes a move, disappointment over JP is transfered to anger at the front office for making official the fact that their shiny new toy isn't cutting it. Anger turns to exaggerated despair.

Things were WAY, WAY worse at SEVERAL periods in the history of this francise. And I agree, in 2003 we had nothing. Zip. Nada. I am the antithesis of a Bills cheerleader, but to say that this is a particularly hopeless period is IMO laughable. We're not as good as most posters think (depending on their weekly mood swings), but we've got plenty of good things going for us.

470090[/snapback]

Mularkey has been doing football a helluva lot longer than probably anyone on this stupid board. I can't imagine how I would feel about anyone continually commenting on my job; especially considering the short-term memory lapse considering this guy was the toast of the town with what he almost accomplished last year.

This is also just a football game. Maybe the Bills win, maybe they do not. It does not have to be about anything more than getting together with a few friends over a few pops and stop taking this stuff too serious.

As for Holcomb, I wish the kid was still in, but good can still be accomplished. If he wins a few games then we ride it and our "#1" defense as long as we can. And if don't catch lightning in the bottle, the kid goes back in and learns on the job. Labatts will still taste the same either way...