I think starting KH is a good move

todd

I think JP needs to be benched. He's obviously struggling, not utilizing his skills, and is completely confused and overmatched out there. He's inaccurate, his mechanics are effed up, and he's not looking at the correct WRs.

I don't think that benching him is an indication that he isn't the future of the Bills. I think it indicates that the Bills need to win NOW, and you do that by putting your best players on the field.

Right now, JP isn't playing well at his position. He needs to sit down, watch the game, get his equilibbrium back, etc. Also, there's too many idiot fans to actually think Buffalo's losing streak is all his fault.

The biggest problem with people in general is that they are incapable of understanding that blame can lie in multiple places. Generally people here curse the coaches, curse donahoe, curse the defensive players, or curse Losman. Truthfully, it's probably a bit of everything. But that isn't simple enough for some people to wrap their heads around.

JP and his development is just a piece of the puzzle. That's important, but so is winning NOW. We won't win now with a QB who misses open WRs, or takes a safety, or fails to recognize a blitz. So we need to fix that.

We also can't win with a D who can't stop the run. So we need to fix that as well.

We can't win with offensive playcalling that doesn't utilize it's best player - Willis McGahee.

Lots of things need to be fixed. It's not just Losman, but he's part of the puzzle. If KH could make two plays that JP couldn't make, we might have a better chance of winning. So benching JP for now is just a small part of what needs to change, but it certainly needs to change.

467078[/snapback]

You're right on the money Todd!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think JP needs to be benched. He's obviously struggling, not utilizing his skills, and is completely confused and overmatched out there. He's inaccurate, his mechanics are effed up, and he's not looking at the correct WRs.

I don't think that benching him is an indication that he isn't the future of the Bills. I think it indicates that the Bills need to win NOW, and you do that by putting your best players on the field.

Right now, JP isn't playing well at his position. He needs to sit down, watch the game, get his equilibbrium back, etc. Also, there's too many idiot fans to actually think Buffalo's losing streak is all his fault.

The biggest problem with people in general is that they are incapable of understanding that blame can lie in multiple places. Generally people here curse the coaches, curse donahoe, curse the defensive players, or curse Losman. Truthfully, it's probably a bit of everything. But that isn't simple enough for some people to wrap their heads around.

JP and his development is just a piece of the puzzle. That's important, but so is winning NOW. We won't win now with a QB who misses open WRs, or takes a safety, or fails to recognize a blitz. So we need to fix that.

We also can't win with a D who can't stop the run. So we need to fix that as well.

We can't win with offensive playcalling that doesn't utilize it's best player - Willis McGahee.

Lots of things need to be fixed. It's not just Losman, but he's part of the puzzle. If KH could make two plays that JP couldn't make, we might have a better chance of winning. So benching JP for now is just a small part of what needs to change, but it certainly needs to change.

467078[/snapback]

Wow. Very scary when I agree 100% with Todd. Holcomb gives us the best chance to win now. If he sucks, and we're sitting at 1 - 7, then let JP play the next 8 games to get the experience he needs. If we're sitting at 4-4 mid season, then keep Holcomb until we're out of playoff contention, and then start JP.

Bills need to win NOW, and you do that by putting your best players on the field.

467078[/snapback]

Why are people happy with 8-8 when the Goal is to win the SB. KH wont take this team to the SB so let JP stuggle now and then start fresh next year with a rebuilt o-line and d-line, full assortment at wide out (moulds, evans, parrish, everett), and TKO back and a seasoned qb to boot.

if only the D did what it should have done , keep the other team from scoring points. before the season started it was the D that was going to win us most of the games , they have not done there JOB . so JP takes the hit . and the d wins us games ???

467102[/snapback]

If the other team can't score, you can't lose. Good theory, but having an ineffective offense leaves the defense on the field too long. Our current Time of Possesion stat is somewhat misleading because we had the ball for 38 minutes in the Houston game (enjoyed visiting with you BTW)..

But look at the other games. 21:10 against Tampa Bay, 29:11 versus Atlanta, and 23:40 last week. In those 3 games we averaged roughly 24:40 in Time of Possesion. It's tough to ask a defense to stop the opponent when your own offense isn't capable of generating a first down. The D has struggled at times, generally late in games, but the offense hasn't exactly held up their end of the bargain either.

I'm thinking the move has more to do with JP's inability to move the offense - to generate first downs and to eat clock - than it does with making him a scapegoat for the D.

What if Holcomb struggles? Do the coaches put JP back in? What if we stay with Holcomb for the rest of the season and finish with a losing record? We are trading away JPs development and the future of this ball club to satisfy aging veterans who have passed their prime.

The future of this club is the Losman-McGahee-Evans show on offence - if we suffer the indigity of missing the playoffs again, lets do it with our future in mind, not with a band aid over the sores.

That is an ugly schedule down the road.....

:doh:

@ New England

KC

@ San Diego

CAROLINA

@ Miami

NEW ENGLAND

DENVER

@ Cincinnati

Ouch

;)

468618[/snapback]

Not to worry. We might only suit up 10 on offense now that Super Kelly Holcomb is our QB.

It just wouldn't be fair to make those cream-puff teams face all 11. We could play without a TE. That would be novel. No, wait. We're playing without a TE now.

Nevermind.

/SARCASM

If the other team can't score, you can't lose.  Good theory, but having an ineffective offense leaves the defense on the field too long.  Our current Time of Possesion stat is somewhat misleading because we had the ball for 38 minutes in the Houston game (enjoyed visiting with you BTW)..

But look at the other games.  21:10 against Tampa Bay, 29:11 versus Atlanta, and 23:40 last week.  In those 3 games we averaged roughly 24:40 in Time of Possesion.  It's tough to ask a defense to stop the opponent when your own offense isn't capable of generating a first down.  The D has struggled at times, generally late in games, but the offense hasn't exactly held up their end of the bargain either.

I'm thinking the move has more to do with JP's inability to move the offense - to generate first downs and to eat clock - than it does with making him a scapegoat for the D.

468586[/snapback]

should have run the ball more