Don Beebe article in USA Today

KD in CA

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/footb...-coaching_x.htm

bonus points if you spot the author's error!

33472[/snapback]

He left out Beebe's legacy - "Don Beebe - the deep threat who couldn't catch the long ball"

Common mistake most everybody makes outside of Buffalo.  Hell, even a lot of people in Buffalo think it was named after Kelly.

33609[/snapback]

Thats whack though, McKeller wasn't so great while most everyone else around him was.

Guest Guest_dan_*

It's not as whack as it may seem. It wasn't called the K-Gun in his honor. It referred to a specific alignment that included him on the field. The media picked it up and ran with it, and as they so often do, twisted it so everyone assumed it was in reference to Jim Kelly's offense shooting down the competition. I still have a poster with Kelly, Thomas, and Reed all looking tough and the bottom reads "Machine Gun Kelly and hos K-Gun" or something close that.

It's not as whack as it may seem.  It wasn't called the K-Gun in his honor.  It referred to a specific alignment that included him on the field.  The media picked it up and ran with it, and as they so often do, twisted it so everyone assumed it was in reference to Jim Kelly's offense shooting down the competition.  I still have a poster with Kelly, Thomas, and Reed all looking tough and the bottom reads "Machine Gun Kelly and hos K-Gun"  or something close that.

34014[/snapback]

I got that one,too! B)