Article of the year

IBTG81

I thought that was a great article. A change of QB's is not going to turnaround what is happening on the field. Other than McGahee, every part of that team is playing putrid right now. Give the kid a chance, if the other parts of the team start clicking, so will JP.

I thought that was a great article.  A change of QB's is not going to turnaround what is happening on the field.  Other than McGahee, every part of that team is playing putrid right now.  Give the kid a chance, if the other parts of the team start clicking, so will JP.

465700[/snapback]

But it's always the QBs fault. :D

I don't think you can blame all of our woes on JP, but I do think there is a link between the mediocre to poor play of our defense and starting JP as our quarterback. Specifically, football is a game of emotion, confidence and momentum. If the team does not have confidence in the abilities of JP, it will affect their play. I think, to a certain degree, that is what is going on with the defense and the offense. For example, while the defense played pretty well overall against NO, they were demoralized by the end of the game and it showed in their performance. They also were tired, since they had been on the field for most of the game.

If the team is very talented and you believe that Holcomb can be a solid starter, then I think you have to play him for a couple of games. You can't give up on a season after four games and begin thinking about next year and all of the valuable experience that JP is getting for next year. Who knows about next year? On the other hand, if it is clear that Holcomb is not the answer, then you must stick with JP for the balance of the season. Only the coaches can make this determination.

But it's always the QBs fault. :D

465883[/snapback]

Nope. It is always the GM's fault, no...it's always the Head Coach's fault, no...it's always the owner's fault.

Well, it is always someone elses fault but the guys on the field being played big money to play a kids game. I mean, come on now, it can never be the players fault? :D

But that's OK because first-year quarterbacks -- and this is Losman's first season starting -- need time to develop, and I emphasize that because of what's happening with the Giants' Manning: In his fourth start last year he had four completions, two interceptions and a 0.0 passer rating.

Yet the Giants left him alone, and look what's happened.