Obervation about SB loss against Giants

Peter

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Frank Reich laces thing has been discussed everywhere, on the board, and in bad Jim Carrey movies (as if there are any others). What HASN'T been discussed however, on that play, is on one of the camera angles, the one that shows the Giants on defense lining up before the play. if you look really closely, on the right, Brett Hull's foot was definitely offsides. We got screwed.

465543[/snapback]

Eff brett hull

:)

The .30-30 with it's medium velocity and thin-wall bullet constructions is just about the last rifle round I'd care to be hit with.

465553[/snapback]

Mine's a Marlin with a synthetic stock, blued. Easy to load in the dark, and easy to shoulder in tight spots. Man, do I love shooting that thing.

See how you are?  How are those attack cats doing?  Seven of them?  Man I hope you're married...

BTW - good one.

465562[/snapback]

Yup. I am married. Otherwise I wouldn't stand a chance with the attack cats, who are doing fine. Thanks :)

Mine's a Marlin with a synthetic stock, blued.  Easy to load in the dark, and easy to shoulder in tight spots. Man, do I love shooting that thing.

465561[/snapback]

Good choice. It's been fashionable for decades to denigrate the 30-30, but year after year it bags the most game.

It is a remarkable cartridge. Accurate within it's range, and with any halfway decent placement, transfers it's energy, and knocks the game down.

Bwt, Remington makes 30 -30 sabot rounds with a 22 copper bullet for varminting, etc. Single shot with a tube loader, of course. Give'em a try.

Do you guys remember the days when we used to be good and went to Super Bowls?

Anyway, I have been meaning to post this for some time.  On the infamous kick at the end of the Giant SB game, take a look at Frank Reich's hold.  I love Frank, but you will notice that the laces are pointed toward the right.  As you know, the kick was barely wide right.  I don't know whether I have heard anyone else mention this.  In any event, most people give poor Scotty a disproportionate amount of the blame.

P.S.  I am not related to Scott Norwood.  :)

464773[/snapback]

I was thinking Ace Ventura. By the way, he missed the kick in the movie and in the real game. I my heart goes out to Norwood everytime a close game comes on that decided by a last second field goal.

I was thinking Ace Ventura.  By the way, he missed the kick in the movie and in the real game.  I my heart goes out to Norwood everytime a close game comes on that decided by a last second field goal.

465591[/snapback]

And that's the difference between you and me. Everytime I watch a movie I want Billy Brown to shoot Scott Woods. And now, since the startling discovery by Peter, one of Tutankhamun proportions, I now also want him to shoot Frank Eich..

And that's the difference between you and me. Everytime I watch a movie I want Billy Brown to shoot Scott Woods. And now, since the startling discovery by Peter, one of Tutankhamun proportions, I now also want him to shoot Frank Eich..

465608[/snapback]

You watch too many movies.