Let's run some more coaches

Many are talking about running MM & Co out of town. I guess we have not learned. Let's look at the list of loser coaches that were run out of Buffalo because they supposedly sucked. How are they doing now?

Wade Phillips - San Diego DC - shut down the Pats and golden boy Brady last weekend

Dan Henning - Panthers OC - runs a solid offense that ran up the score against GB

Mike Sheppard - Saints OC - leads an offense that rushed for 160+ yards against the vaunted Bills 'd

Turk Schonert - Saints QB Coach - coached a very composed Brooks in the face of massive Bills blitzing

....and don't forget everyones favorite........

Kevin Gillbride - NY Giants QB Coach - mentoring and developing one of the games up and comming passers, Eli Manning -- and doing an EXCELLENT job of it!

.....but who does everyone still love?

Ted Cottrell - Vikings DC - a defense that can not stop anyone

Am I crazy? Getting run out of Buffalo sure isn't slowing these guys down. Is there anyone else I'm missing?

Many are talking about running MM & Co out of town.  I guess we have not learned.  Let's look at the list of loser coaches that were run out of Buffalo because they supposedly sucked.  How are they doing now?

Wade Phillips - San Diego DC - shut down the Pats and golden boy Brady last weekend

Dan Henning - Panthers OC - runs a solid offense that ran up the score against GB

Mike Sheppard - Saints OC - leads an offense that rushed for 160+ yards against the vaunted Bills 'd

Turk Schonert - Saints QB Coach - coached a very composed Brooks in the face of massive Bills blitzing

Kevin Gillbride - NY Giants QB Coach - mentoring and developing one of the games up and comming passers, Eli Manning -- and doing an EXCELLENT job of it!

Am I crazy?  Getting run out of Buffalo sure isn't slowing these guys down.  Is there anyone else I'm missing?

464581[/snapback]

Gregg Williams....coaching one of the best defenses in the NFL right now.

Yet, how many are successful Head Coaches elsewhere.

I am sure Mularkey probably is an good OC. Same With Clements being a good Qb.

Just has Wade and Williams at DC were good.

But guess what, sometimes you are promoted higher than you deserve. Other times, in this case, Mularkey didn't deserve really to be promoted. Could you imagation how screwed Ben R would have been with Mularkey and Clements handling him as the OC and QB coach.

Many are talking about running MM & Co out of town.  I guess we have not learned.  Let's look at the list of loser coaches that were run out of Buffalo because they supposedly sucked.  How are they doing now?

Am I crazy?  Getting run out of Buffalo sure isn't slowing these guys down.  Is there anyone else I'm missing?

464581[/snapback]

Yeah, but, but but....

We actually tried to THROW the ball last week! WTF? McGahee should have 65 carries every week.

The Cottrell thing is funny because it's true. The Jets defense also got remarkably better with the same players after he left.

Many are talking about running MM & Co out of town. I guess we have not learned. Let's look at the list of loser coaches that were run out of Buffalo because they supposedly sucked. How are they doing now?

Well, what would you suggest? Should we demote MM to OC and bring in a new HC?

Should we forget this "smashmouth", "physical", talk and then we pass as much or more than we run? For once, wouldn't you like to just see what might happen if we play smash mouth for 10 or 12 consecutive plays?

It ain't all Mularkey's fault. He's just Teflon Tom's kevlar vest. Mularkey inherited a team he had virtually no hand in designing. But, Mularkey's likely to be the first one to go... that's just the the way bidness in the NFL is.

And Marv had a GM who knew what he was doing.  And Marv could coach, and Marv had hs team ready to go on sundays.

464656[/snapback]

"Where would you rather like to be than right here right now."

For some strange reason, I have not felt that way these past three weeks.

Guest BackInDaDay
As Marv (I think) said, once you start listening to the fans, you will end up sitting next to them.

464649[/snapback]

Marv just asked me to pass the peanuts.

and Ralph fired that GM because...he could.  :)

464671[/snapback]

On February 4, 1993, after the Bills had appeared in their 3rd straight Super Bowl, Bill Polian was fired as general manager. Polian wasn't fired because he wasn't doing a good job, he was fired because he didn't get along with treasurer, Jeff Littmann, for reasons unknown to all except those close to owner Ralph Wilson, Littmann and Polian himself.

Well, what would you suggest?  Should we demote MM to OC and bring in a new HC?

Should we forget this "smashmouth", "physical", talk and then we pass as much or more than we run?  For once, wouldn't you like to just see what might happen if we play smash mouth for 10 or 12 consecutive plays?

It ain't all Mularkey's fault.  He's just Teflon Tom's kevlar vest.  Mularkey inherited a team he had virtually no hand in designing.  But, Mularkey's likely to be the first one to go... that's just the the way bidness in the NFL is.

464643[/snapback]

You are on the money! At one point last season even Bledsoe said to the press the the Bills are a "smashmouth" team without a rushing touchdown.

I am thinking that MM DOES want a smashmouth team. Why wouldn't he? He came from the Steelers, a blue collar, cold weather team who had Bettis, and actual blockers.

Now, he is on the Bills with Willis and Little Roscoe Parrish. This is not MM's fault, but the fault of our invincible GM who likes to trade away draft picks and neglect blocking.

On February 4, 1993, after the Bills had appeared in their 3rd straight Super Bowl, Bill Polian was fired as general manager. Polian wasn't fired because he wasn't doing a good job, he was fired because he didn't get along with treasurer, Jeff Littmann, for reasons unknown to all except those close to owner Ralph Wilson, Littmann and Polian himself.

464688[/snapback]

Yeah, like I said, because he could. Nothing to do with the performance of the team, typos in the quote aside....The only good thing you can say now is that Ralph has been keeping himself in check (not firing people for looking at him cross-eyed) the past few years in order to try to make the HOF before he croaks....Remains to be seen whether that bid also includes opening up the check-book....

You are on the money! At one point last season even Bledsoe said to the press the the Bills are a "smashmouth" team without a rushing touchdown.

I am thinking that MM DOES want a smashmouth team. Why wouldn't he? He came from the Steelers, a blue collar, cold weather team who had Bettis, and actual blockers.

Now, he is on the Bills with Willis and Little Roscoe Parrish. This is not MM's fault, but the fault of our invincible GM who likes to trade away draft picks and neglect blocking.

464714[/snapback]

It's the !@#$ing coaches job to tell him what he needs and what he is willing to give up if it costs too much.

MM probably said I need seven midget WR's. The GM gave him Roscoe and turned Reed into the best receiver on this team.

Yeah, like I said, because he could.  Nothing to do with the performance of the team, typos in the quote aside....The only good thing you can say now is that Ralph has been keeping himself in check (not firing people for looking at him cross-eyed) the past few years in order to try to make the HOF before he croaks....Remains to be seen whether that bid also includes opening up the check-book....

464717[/snapback]

I have a strange feeling of deja vu.

It's the !@#$ing coaches job to tell him what he needs and what he is willing to give up if it costs too much. 

MM probably said I need seven midget WR's.  The GM gave him Roscoe and turned Reed into the best receiver on this team.

464723[/snapback]

VA, who gave MM the job? MM could tell things to TD until he is blue in the face, and TD could respond by telling him to go f#@k himself. Certainly you know this.

Listen, have you been to a game in recent years at which there was a ceremony and Mr. Wilson speaks? We don't discuss it often out of respect, but Mr. Wilson, who I admire greatly, has been sounding a tad senile for years. Not completely mind you. God bless him at his age!

What I believe that he clearly understands is money. Cash VA, cash. TD is making him bundles of it.

TD, NOT MM is calling the shots. Do you think otherwise?

I am NOT asking what SHOULD be. I am asking who you think is calling the shots, MM or TD?