lets say we kept Drew..

Tcali

.Drew(who still sucks) would have led us to an8-8 or so record this year..and we would all have been screaming for JP. Then in 2006---we would have seen THIS from JP....and our suffering would have been prolonged for another year. Lets keep JP in there--see if he can tough it out and learn to play QB. Our D makes putting in Holcomb(who i rate a bit higher than most on this board--remember the suck team he had to deal with in Cleveland) moot..because we cant yet give up on JP and we cant make the playoffs with this D. This is an almost impossible situation.

Thanx TD.--although I AM giving you credit-ironically-on this post for dumping Drew.(who just got sacked for a 14 yrd loss--)

.Drew(who still sucks) would have led us to an8-8 or so record this year..and we would all have been screaming for JP. Then in 2006---we would have seen THIS from JP....and our suffering would have been prolonged for another year. Lets keep JP in there--see if he can tough it out and learn to play QB. Our D makes putting in Holcomb(who i rate a bit higher than most on this board--remember the suck team he had to deal with in Cleveland) moot..because we cant yet give up on JP and we cant make the playoffs with this D. This is an almost impossible situation.

Thanx TD.--although I AM giving you credit-ironically-on this post for dumping Drew.(who just got sacked for a 14 yrd loss--)

461940[/snapback]

So... you're saying that he wouldn't learn anything with a full year as the #2 quarterback? I mean actual #2, getting practice time, not sitting around in cast. Was his Wonderlic score that bad? Are you calling him an idiot or something, incapable of learning or improving unless he's on the field?

Frankly, a season of this and his ability to lead the other players may be irrecovably shot.

So...  you're saying that he wouldn't learn anything with a full year as the #2 quarterback?  I mean actual #2,  getting practice time,  not sitting around in cast.  Was his Wonderlic score that bad?  Are you calling him an idiot or something,  incapable of learning or improving unless he's on the field?

Frankly,  a season of this and his ability to lead the other players may be irrecovably shot.

462040[/snapback]

no, because the #2 doesnt get many reps in practice at all...#1 gets the 1st team reps, and #3 leads the scout team...

no, because the #2 doesnt get many reps in practice at all...#1 gets the 1st team reps, and #3 leads the scout team...

462043[/snapback]

Ok, make him #3 then. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to make him better without starting him yet.

Along those lines, do you think guys like Preston are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs, and will be no better when they finally start than they are now?

So...  you're saying that he wouldn't learn anything with a full year as the #2 quarterback?  I mean actual #2,  getting practice time,  not sitting around in cast.  Was his Wonderlic score that bad?  Are you calling him an idiot or something,  incapable of learning or improving unless he's on the field?

Frankly,  a season of this and his ability to lead the other players may be irrecovably shot.

462040[/snapback]

Im not saying he would nt have learned anything---but the things we are seeing from him so far.. inaccurate throws..lack of field presence--skittishness in the pocket..cant be much improved by sitting with a clipboard or taking reps in practice

lets say we kept Drew..

461940[/snapback]

We'd still be 1-3. Even though JP is struggling, Holcomb is a better QB than Brain Dead Bledsoe, so the position has been upgraded in every respect.

It's tough to be patient, but improvement is just around the corner. <_<

Holcomb is a better QB than Brain Dead Bledsoe, so the position has been upgraded in every respect.

462469[/snapback]

I hope to god we find that out for sure this coming week...at this point, I am not so sure that Scared Stiff Loman is an upgrade over any QB to wear a Bills uniform over the last 7 or 8 years...btw, with the way Brain Dead has been playing in Dallas (with the lights on, rather than the bulb burned out), I think the Bills would be 3-1 right now. They would have lost the Bucs game, but even Brain Dead could have come up with the two or three plays it would have been necessary to make, to beat the Falcons and Saints. We didn't get beat by great defense the last two weeks, we got beat by our own offensive play calling, and a not ready for full time QB. Since we are talking in absolutes....