Can anyone explain our offensive gameplan?

We abandon the run too soon...again.  Then we can't protect Losman when he passes.  I want to believe in this coaching staff but I do not understand what I just saw.

PTR

461639[/snapback]

You and 100,000 other Bill's fans. This staff is just plain incompetent

We abandon the run too soon...again.  Then we can't protect Losman when he passes.  I want to believe in this coaching staff but I do not understand what I just saw.

PTR

461639[/snapback]

Our plan is to call a pass play everytime Willis gets in a groove, and then call a run everytime the defense expects it. It's been excecuted perfectly.

PTR

461639[/snapback]

No kidding.....that was maybe the most frustrating part of the whole thing. You want to trust that the damn coaches are putting us in the best position to win games.....so far they're more like Lucy pulling away the ball on Charlie Brown!

Our plan is to call a pass play everytime Willis gets in a groove, and then call a run everytime the defense expects it.  We've been excecuted perfectly.

461649[/snapback]

:lol::(

This is seriousily the most frustrating thing. How do you go 10 plays 75 yards, the saints can't stop willis, so afterwards we just stop giving him the ball and pass with no success. This is a game we could've won if we stuck to the run. The whole day was disgusting. From the inept play calling to the travesty on mcgee's kick return at the end of the 1st half, just disgusting. :(

This is seriousily the most frustrating thing. How do you go 10 plays 75  yards, the saints can't stop willis, so afterwards we just stop giving him the ball and pass with no success.  This is a game we could've won if we stuck to the run. The whole day was disgusting.  From the inept play calling to the travesty on mcgee's kick return at the end of the 1st half, just disgusting.  :(

461689[/snapback]

Which series are you referring to, by chance?

The opening series where Willis accounted for 25 yrds and Losman accounted for 50?

461737[/snapback]

Thanks for the obvious.

It's surely easy to say, "The idiots abandonded the run" and then not being able to back it up with the situation where the run was abandoned.

Yeah it was a frustrating game, and most of the blame goes to Losman again. But the game plan could not have been a simple, "Give it to Willis."

How come no one is remembering that when Willis needed to get 6 inches in 2 tries, he lost 2 yards?

Which series are you referring to, by chance?

461703[/snapback]

I wasn't refering to any drive in paticular. I worded it wrong, what I meant was we had a good 1st drive, and that after that mcgahee was complelty underutilized, and the whole inept play calling was just very frustrating to watch on a game I believe that if we gave willis more then 16 carries we could've easily controled the clock and won.

Thanks for the obvious.

It's surely easy to say, "The idiots abandonded the run" and then not being able to back it up with the situation where the run was abandoned.

Yeah it was a frustrating game, and most of the blame goes to Losman again.  But the game plan could not have been a simple, "Give it to Willis." 

How come no one is remembering that when Willis needed to get 6 inches in 2 tries, he lost 2 yards?

461762[/snapback]

You're right on that. But part of coaching a run-based offense is knowing what kind of play to call. If it's an inches situation, you don't call a play that takes 3 seconds to develop. The pile-on is already there and every available hole or spot to push is closed. That's why he didn't gain those yards. This is my new refrain: it's the playcalling.

For the record, here are all the relevant drives after the first (not including last couple, obvious passing "drives"). Throws this conversation into relief a little bit. Most of our drive-killers took place on passing plays. Our biggest gains were runs. It's not a stretch to say we could have used the run more effectively. The play-by-play makes this pretty clear.

Buffalo - 8:00

1st-10, BUF8 8:00 J. Losman incomplete pass to the right

2nd-10, BUF8 8:00 W. McGahee rushed to the left for 2 yard gain

3rd-8, BUF10 7:54 BUF committed 5 yard penalty

3rd-13, BUF5 7:06 J. Losman incomplete pass to the right

4th-13, BUF5 6:45 B. Moorman punt. D. Stallworth returned punt for 11 yards

Buffalo - 4:15

1st-10, BUF11 4:15 W. McGahee rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

2nd-7, BUF14 4:15 J. Losman sacked by D. Howard

3rd-17, BUF4 3:31 S. Williams rushed up the middle for 7 yard gain

4th-10, BUF11 2:56 B. Moorman punt. D. Stallworth returned punt for 1 yard

Buffalo - 9:05

1st-10, BUF18 9:05 J. Craft intercepted J. Losman for 39 yards. BUF committed 5 yard penalty

Buffalo - 5:38

1st-10, BUF30 5:38 J. Losman incomplete pass to the right

2nd-10, BUF30 5:29 BUF committed 5 yard penalty

2nd-15, BUF25 5:24 J. Losman rushed up the middle for 8 yard gain

3rd-7, BUF33 5:24 NO committed 5 yard penalty

1st-10, BUF38 4:42 BUF committed 12 yard penalty

1st-22, BUF26 4:36 J. Losman passed to E. Moulds to the right for 3 yard gain

2nd-19, BUF29 4:08 J. Losman passed to E. Moulds to the right for 11 yard gain

3rd-8, BUF40 3:19 J. Losman passed to J. Smith to the right for 19 yard gain

1st-10, NO41 2:07 J. Losman incomplete pass to the right

2nd-10, NO41 2:07 S. Williams rushed up the middle for 12 yard gain

1st-10, NO29 1:58 W. McGahee rushed to the right for 1 yard gain

2nd-9, NO28 1:45 J. Losman incomplete pass to the right

3rd-9, NO28 1:45 J. Losman passed to S. Williams to the right for 1 yard gain

4th-8, NO27 1:27 R. Lindell missed a 45-yard field goal

Buffalo - 7:57

1st-10, BUF22 7:57 W. McGahee rushed to the left for 14 yard gain

1st-10, BUF37 7:57 J. Losman sacked by D. Howard. J. Losman fumbled. J. Losman recovered fumble

2nd-19, BUF28 7:20 J. Losman rushed to the left for 7 yard gain

3rd-12, BUF35 6:39 J. Losman sacked by W. Smith

4th-23, BUF24 5:53 B. Moorman punt. A. Hakim returned punt for 8 yards

Buffalo - 3:57

1st-10, BUF10 3:57 W. McGahee rushed to the left for 3 yard gain

2nd-7, BUF13 3:57 BUF committed 5 yard penalty

2nd-12, BUF8 3:19 W. McGahee rushed to the right for 7 yard gain

3rd-5, BUF15 3:08 J. Losman passed to J. Reed to the right for 14 yard gain

1st-10, BUF29 2:27 W. McGahee rushed to the left for 5 yard gain

2nd-5, BUF34 2:03 W. McGahee rushed to the right for no gain

3rd-5, BUF34 1:23 J. Losman incomplete pass to the right

4th-5, BUF34 0:41 B. Moorman punt. A. Hakim returned punt for 5 yards

Buffalo - 13:31

1st-10, BUF26 13:31 K. Holcomb incomplete pass to the right

2nd-10, BUF26 13:31 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 27 yard gain. BUF committed 10 yard penalty

1st-10, BUF43 13:28 K. Holcomb rushed up the middle for no gain. K. Holcomb fumbled. K. Holcomb recovered fumble

2nd-12, BUF41 13:02 K. Holcomb passed to J. Smith to the right for 11 yard gain

3rd-1, NO48 12:27 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for no gain

4th-1, NO48 11:45 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 2 yard loss

PTR

461639[/snapback]

I think the staff is willing JP to win the game.. Instead of letting the run set up the play action pass. JP will come along.. But it has to be on the heals of the running game