Top 10 Two-Minute QBs

BRH

Kelly against Miami, opening day 1989.

Kelly against the Jets, 1990 and 1991.

Those are just the ones that spring quickly to mind, and there were many others.

Tell you what he was REALLY good at though: getting the ball back with a one-score lead and seven minutes on the clock... and never giving it back to the other team.

Those are just the ones that spring quickly to mind, and there were many others.

Tell you what he was REALLY good at though:  getting the ball back with a one-score lead and seven minutes on the clock... and never giving it back to the other team.

460255[/snapback]

No one audibled better than Jim Kelly...No one.

Tell you what he was REALLY good at though:  getting the ball back with a one-score lead and seven minutes on the clock... and never giving it back to the other team.

460255[/snapback]

Those were the days... *sigh*

No one audibled better than Jim Kelly...No one.

460256[/snapback]

That, and no one did the hard count better. It got to where whenever we had a third-and-three or a third-and-four, one of the best plays in our playbook was Kelly drawing the D offsides. I loved that.

And Frank in his ear piece, helping.

460345[/snapback]

don't tell me, let me guess -- you were one of the idiots calling for reich to get a chance to be the starter because of his relief duty for kelly in '89, '90, and '92.

you're a real piece of work. B-)

don't tell me, let me guess -- you were one of the idiots calling for reich to get a chance to be the starter because of his relief duty for kelly in '89, '90, and '92.

you're a real piece of work.   B-)

460369[/snapback]

No, but Frank was basically the QB coach and helped call plays. No I was not one of thse idiots.

You are a piece for assuming way too much.

And before I forget, I don't think the helmet radios came in until right after our last super bowl.

But Frank was there on the SL signaling in plays, etc...

Kelly didnt have to come from behind all that often.

460243[/snapback]

I've always said that being called a great come from behind QB isn't so great, because the team fell behind while you were in the game. I usually argue this in the context that the greatest comeback would never have taken place if Kelly had started instead of Reich, because the Bills would never have been down 35-3 with Kelly in there.

No, but Frank was basically the QB coach and helped call plays.  No I was not one of thse idiots.

You are a piece for assuming way too much.

And before I forget, I don't think the helmet radios came in until right after our last super bowl.

But Frank was there on the SL signaling in plays, etc...

460401[/snapback]

So Frank also signalled in audibles somehow? That is where this discussion sub-thread started, and I mentioned Hull because I've heard Kelly mention several times how Hull would correct his audibles.

So Frank also signalled in audibles somehow?  That is where this discussion sub-thread started, and I mentioned Hull because I've heard Kelly mention several times how Hull would correct his audibles.

460429[/snapback]

Kelly mentioned on numerous occassions that Frank was acoach on the sidelines, would recognize things and signal them in. I had heard Hull corrected locking scheme, but never the play audibles.

Yeah WTF is Rob Johnson of that list?  B-)

Kelly didnt have to come from behind all that often.

Hmmm but he did play his entire game in the two minute drill didnt he?

460243[/snapback]

aww u stole my line, thats what i was thinkin

I've always said that being called a great come from behind QB isn't so great, because the team fell behind while you were in the game.  I usually argue this in the context that the greatest comeback would never have taken place if Kelly had started instead of Reich, because the Bills would never have been down 35-3 with Kelly in there.

460420[/snapback]

Oh I forgot Frank played defense too. He let Warren Moon light us up in the first half.

dumbass

Linky

Somebody's missing and we all know who it is.

460241[/snapback]

I remember Todd Collins running the 2 minute drill with about 1:15 left against Indy, and no timeouts...he had guys hanging on him every play, and led us to the game tying FG...we won in OT