Jamie Winborn coming to Buffalo???...

realtruelove

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen SF play, but don't remember Winborn.  They have a decent Dline, but seem to have a poor defense overall which either means their dline is over rated or their LBers suck.  I am betting on the later of the two.  In addition they play a 3-4 so he might be a Posey type. So how does that help replace a Spikes type?  :devil:

458862[/snapback]

So, in other words, you know nothing about the 49ers defense. ;)

But do we want to give up the picks.  Afterall we have 2 DT's , and the entire oline to draft next year.  Except we'll probably draft 5 more WR' that are 5'7" and weigh 95 pounds with pads on.

458842[/snapback]

True, and the Bills will also probably do their best to get the new WR injured so they can screw the season on purpose. Again.

Body for body trades are pretty rare in this league, though there have been a few more than usual as of late.

I'd say if this deal gets done, it will be for our 3rd in next years draft (not the TN one we got for Travis).

458868[/snapback]

Doubt it. SF is over a barrel. My bet is that it's a conditional pick, based on the level of suckage. Because you know for sure Donahoe would never want to do anything to improve the team, and would only make a move to ensure more suckage.

So, in other words, you know nothing about the 49ers defense.  :devil:

458872[/snapback]

I know at least that they have Plummer at CB, who I wanted us to sign when he was a FA last year.

I know they have Young at DE, and I know they run a 3-4, which is the same base D that Posey was in at Houston.

Guest BackInDaDay
Maybe a straight up player trade for Losman?  San Fran could probably use a #3 QB... :devil:

458843[/snapback]

"Now you're just being rude, man." ;)

I've seen SF play, but don't remember Winborn.  They have a decent Dline, but seem to have a poor defense overall which either means their dline is over rated or their LBers suck.  I am betting on the later of the two.  In addition they play a 3-4 so he might be a Posey type. So how does that help replace a Spikes type?  :devil:

458862[/snapback]

Well, last year, with Winborn in the lineup, the Niners allowed about 125 yds/game rushing. That's 50 yards/game better than the Bills this year, so he must be an improvement....right?

Well, last year, with Winborn in the lineup, the Niners allowed about 125 yds/game rushing.  That's 50 yards/game better than the Bills this year, so he must be an improvement....right?

458977[/snapback]

is this guy primarily a pass rusher or a run stopper?

From Scouts, Inc:

He is not an instinctive inside player and generally does not play the inside run with good leverage. He does not have a good feel for the run game. He lacks natural instincts. He lacks aggressiveness in playing off blocks and has difficulty playing through traffic. He frequently takes poor angles to the ball and he does not drive his legs and hit through the ball carrier and he will bounce off some tackles. He lacks a physical presence in the blitz game and doesn't seem to come hard unless he is unblocked. He has very good athletic ability and is still young enough to make improvements. He needs to stay healthy and be on the field to get better.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=5494

So basically he is not a run support LB, nor a blitzer. That means he is a cover guy I guess. But even then, they don't say he does that either. From this write-up he sucks.

From Scouts, Inc:

He is not an instinctive inside player and generally does not play the inside run with good leverage. He does not have a good feel for the run game. He lacks natural instincts. He lacks aggressiveness in playing off blocks and has difficulty playing through traffic. He frequently takes poor angles to the ball and he does not drive his legs and hit through the ball carrier and he will bounce off some tackles. He lacks a physical presence in the blitz game and doesn't seem to come hard unless he is unblocked. He has very good athletic ability and is still young enough to make improvements. He needs to stay healthy and be on the field to get better.

So basically he is not a run support LB, nor a blitzer.  That means he is a cover guy I guess.  But even then, they don't say he does that either.  From this write-up he sucks.

459005[/snapback]

Jeez...now there's a glowing review. :devil: Get 'er done TD. ;)

I think it might be a good trade. I do think it curious that Buffalo would sigh Ezekiel and then trade for Wonborn. I would think that if they were reasonably sure of getting Winborn they would not have bothered signing Ezekiel off the practice squad.

Jesus, can we get someone who is a good run stopper? That's where we need help! This is what I'm talking about with TD, he'd rather rummage through other teams garbage thinking he could change the world with certain players. Not gonna happen buddy.

I know at least that they have Plummer at CB, who I wanted us to sign when he was a FA last year. 

I know they have Young at DE, and I know they run a 3-4, which is the same base D that Posey was in at Houston.

458885[/snapback]

First off, Plummer is out for an extended period of time. He just chose to have surgery rather than play with some pain. The docs gave him a choice. I cannot blame him, considering who he is playing for.

Here is another article on this. This one thinks the 49ers are making a bad move letting Winborn go. A bad move for one team often equates a good move by another team.

San Jose Mercury News article

From Scouts, Inc:

So basically he is not a run support LB, nor a blitzer.  That means he is a cover guy I guess.  But even then, they don't say he does that either.  From this write-up he sucks.

459005[/snapback]

lacks aggressiveness? lacks natural instincts? frequently takes poor angles to the ball? difficulty playing through traffic? So basically he is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Spikes. Yeah lets trade for him today- are you guys nuts?

A friend of mine who knows a guy who spoke with his sister who was with her cousin reported that while leaving a ladies room at Buffalo International, she saw Jamie Winborn buying a Bills hat. And to make it even more exciting...he was with George Seifert.

:devil:

hmmm, how come everyone blasts TD for not uncovering gems in the late rounds of a draft/second day of the draft, but then their collective arseholes pucker up at the thought of giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for a vet LB, who shown hes at least halfway decent?

If its a friggin 4th or 5th round pick, who cares? We'd be getting a decent vet out of it, not some crapshoot on a rook...

i hate to break it to a lot of you, but draft picks arent the gold that a lot of people here make them out to be...

Here is a link with some of his teammates comments about hisArticle mentioning Winborn leaving

Comments from Fred Beasley:

Fullback Fred Beasley, who has done time in the coach's doghouse this year, said, "It's very surprising. He was a locker-room favorite here. He was always upbeat and had an awesome sense of humor. Everybody liked him. Plus, he was an awesome player; he made things happen on the field."

Take it for what its worth....