Another 3 years before the Bills are competitive

TheZone78

Hello guys and gals.....put away your unrealistic expectations (I've already filed mine away) because this team is nowhere near ready to compete.

The offensive line is nowhere near good enough from a pass protection standpoint and can only run the ball effectively against a 7 man front.

Teague won't be signed this year, Villarrial should be cut as well, he's 33 or so and gets paid too much for an overall average performance. Mike Williams IS now officially a disappointment. (Kudos to the guys that have been saying this the past two years). Anderson is a big fat blob that can't get to the second level on any defense. Gandy is our best lineman right now!!! He's a quality player, but should be a guard in this league.

Our D line is fading fast. Adams is slowing down, Kelsay and Schobel are marginal pass rushers and get bulldozed against the run. Edwards is a back up. Tim Anderson looks to be only a marginal starter at this point.

The game of football is won in the trenches. We haven't had a strong calibre Oline since the 1992 season.

We have aging safeties, a starting corner that will leave via free agency this year and Willis McGahee doesn't look happy in Buffalo at all.

JP will take a season or two, but looks like he'll be a good NFL QB.

3 years Bills fans before we can say playoffs!!!! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

:(

Hello guys and gals.....put away your unrealistic expectations (I've already filed mine away) because this team is nowhere near ready to compete.

The offensive line is nowhere near good enough from a pass protection standpoint and can only run the ball effectively against a 7 man front.

Teague won't be signed this year, Villarrial should be cut as well,  he's 33 or so and gets paid too much for an overall average performance.  Mike Williams IS now officially a disappointment.  (Kudos to the guys that have been saying this the past two years).  Anderson is a big fat blob that can't get to the second level on any defense.  Gandy is our best lineman right now!!! He's a quality player, but should be a guard in this league.

Our D line is fading fast.  Adams is slowing down, Kelsay and Schobel are marginal pass rushers and get bulldozed against the run.  Edwards is a back up.  Tim Anderson looks to be only a marginal starter at this point.

The game of football is won in the trenches.  We haven't had a strong calibre Oline since the 1992 season. 

We have aging safeties, a starting corner that will leave via free agency this year and Willis McGahee doesn't look happy in Buffalo at all.

3 years Bills fans before we can say playoffs!!!! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

455325[/snapback]

Seems I heard similar analogies three years ago. If this continues you will be rooting for the LA Bills in three years.

Teague won't be signed this year, Villarrial should be cut as well,  he's 33 or so and gets paid too much for an overall average performance.  Mike Williams IS now officially a disappointment.  (Kudos to the guys that have been saying this the past two years).  Anderson is a big fat blob that can't get to the second level on any defense.  Gandy is our best lineman right now!!! He's a quality player, but should be a guard in this league.

Our D line is fading fast.  Adams is slowing down, Kelsay and Schobel are marginal pass rushers and get bulldozed against the run.  Edwards is a back up.  Tim Anderson looks to be only a marginal starter at this point.

The game of football is won in the trenches.  We haven't had a strong calibre Oline since the 1992 season. 

455325[/snapback]

I would like to know where all the knuckle-heads are that said

our O-line would be fine, even BETTER than last year?

Dude, you better watch out. TD's DeathSquad of TBD members might be coming after you now.

455455[/snapback]

Somebody just tried to run me down when I was out for my lunchtime walk. I didn't get a clear view of the driver, but they appeared to be in their 50's....grey hair....with a T-shirt reading "Defense Wins Championships"....the license plate said LZMN RLZ.

Somebody just tried to run me down when I was out for my lunchtime walk.  I didn't get a clear view of the driver, but they appeared to be in their 50's....grey hair....with a T-shirt reading "Defense Wins Championships"....the license plate said LZMN RLZ.

455539[/snapback]

Were the initials JSP on there anywhere? Just wondering. :devil:

:devil:

455325[/snapback]

Wow. I disagree about the DEs. I would like to keep CV (assuming he stays healthy) another year, and I would not call Gandy our best OL.

Having said that, it is tough to argue with what you say.

I hope you are wrong, but it is tough to find fault in your criticisms. :lol:

I'd say that they're pretty competitive right now. As poorly as they've played in the past two weeks, the points differential is 9 (41 points for, 50 against). That's not that insurmountable. One significant play on either side of the ball or special teams and they could easily be 2-1, and tied for first in the AFCE.

Don't get me wrong, they've looked god-awfull for two weeks, but I think it can be turned around relatively quickly.

And someone on your's. Checks and Balances at its finest on TBD, expect for the fact that I'm probably more in the right.  :devil:

455658[/snapback]

Dude, I am NOT piling on here. As a matter of fact, JSP just blasted me as well. :lol::lol:

The truth is, when you said that you were going to switch to the patsies, you lost a ton of credibility.

455325[/snapback]

A good GM can turn a mediocre team into a playoff team in one offseason. I don't buy this crap, that we are 3 years from being competitive.

A good GM can turn a mediocre team into a playoff team in one offseason.  I don't buy this crap, that we are 3 years from being competitive.

455678[/snapback]

When we get a good GM, I'll let you know.

Face it, he went on the cheap on the O-line with the expectation that McNally could mold a solid starting group. Whoopsy.....that didn't work.

With Spikes going down, we're 5-11 for the season.

I have heard that they're are a lot of quality OT's in this years draft. That bodes well.

PS - I do hope the Bills pull one our of their a$$ like last year, but I don't see it with Spikes going down.

I would like to know where all the knuckle-heads are that said

our O-line would be fine, even BETTER than last year?

455361[/snapback]

Oh please, it was the immobile QB we had! :devil:

We already in rebuilding mode now. Once the rookie was made the starter, it was made official.

The defense is the joke of the league right now.

:

455325[/snapback]

The sad thing is that while I'm not quite as pessimistic, the only thing I really disagree with is the part about JP.

Hopefully he will be good, but I have yet to see anything that say's he will be good. Usually raw qb's wow you some of the time and make you cringe even more of the time. He hasn't had the lows, but I have yet to see a high. And if you don't have any upside you not going to be good.