Maybe keeping Bledsoe would have been better?

firstngoal

Dude I've watched every down of Cowboys Football and I don't need to listen to Keyshawn to know what Bledsoe is as a QB...Besides what is KJ going to say? "He sucks but I have to play with Him?" Plus, KJ loves Bledsoe cause they were both shown the Door elsewhere...They have a bond...

I know you are just thrilled at the way this has turned out thusfar...But if you want to blow kisses to Bledsoe than go to a Cowboys Board...I said so far so good...Now continue to pat yourself on the back and feel good about it Peter...After 3 Games Bledsoe looks better than Losman...A lot better...Want to rehash Bledsoes Stats in his last 2 1/2 years in Buffalo...? Did not think so...

BTW Bledsoe could always throw the Deep Ball ...that was never in question...

Sorry Bro but that snide crap from a Bills Fan is a little to much for me on a Monday where I find out my favorite Player in the NFL is done for the year...maybe even his career...And all the "I told you so's" are not going to bring Bledsoe back so...Drop it or become a Cowboys Fan...

Now again you can return to your feel good Monday...

455460[/snapback]

Dude, you need to get your eyes checked then. DB is playing well. Deal with it. I am tired of reading these BS excuses why DB is playing so well.

Dude, I am a Bills fan. I still have season tickets even though I live in Miami and fly up for games when I can. There is no more devoted Bills fan.

Dude, this BS about "blowing kisses" and going over to the Cowboys board is pathetic.

Dude, I want the Bills to win with whoever is the Bills QB.

Dude, I just think that the Bills were premature in turning it over to JP.

Dude, the Bills better upgrade the o-line.

Dude, this year is proving that any problems we had with our offense the past couple of years were disproportionately blamed on DB.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>>>Dude, this year is proving that any problems we had with our offense the past couple of years were disproportionately blamed on DB.<<<<

You got that right! It probably will not let up any time soon either. Many people never accepted Drew, not really. They were used to hating him with the patsies and couldn't make the transition.

>>>>Dude, this year is proving that any problems we had with our offense the past couple of years were disproportionately blamed on DB.<<<<

You got that right! It probably will not let up any time soon either. Many people never accepted Drew, not really. They were used to hating him with the patsies and couldn't make the transition.

455494[/snapback]

Whatever Bill. Towards the second half of last season you were posting about being wrong about McNally and that the oline was playing great. Now you're back to throwing the oline under the bus. Big surprise...

Whatever Bill. Towards the second half of last season you were posting about being wrong about McNally and that the oline was playing great. Now you're back to throwing the oline under the bus. Big surprise...

455502[/snapback]

Gavin, why are you such a pompous ass?

McNally IS a very good OL coach, and the Bills did OL did improve in 04, most notably on 10/31. They played better after Travis Henry was benched and MW got into better condition.

In case you forgot, we lost our starting LT. He was not great, but a good LT in his prime. He was replaced by a castoff from the Bears. Nice. :(

At LG, we signed a plodding oaf, another castoff. Wonderful.

Yesterday, because of our 9 million dollar bench warmer, we had a Dolphin reject at RT. Great!

If you were trying to make the point tha our OL is OK, I disagree.

If your post was merely a personal shot at me, you can surely go !@#$ yourself.

Gavin, why are you such a pompous ass?

McNally IS a very good OL coach, and the Bills did OL did improve in 04, most notably on 10/31. They played better after Travis Henry was benched and MW got into better condition.

In case you forgot, we lost our starting LT. He was not great, but a good LT in his prime. He was replaced by a castoff from the Bears. Nice.  :(

At LG, we signed a plodding oaf, another castoff. Wonderful.

Yesterday, because of our 9 million dollar bench warmer, we had a Dolphin reject at RT. Great!

If you were trying to make the point tha our OL is OK, I disagree.

If your post was merely a personal shot at me, you can surely go !@#$ yourself.

455530[/snapback]

You're posting as if you're giddy about being able to denigrate the oline yet again, not to mention rub peoples faces in the fact that Bledsoe is doing well in Dallas and how you and your ilk were right that we should have kept him, and I'm the one being a pompous ass? Again, whatever Bill. Go !@#$ the man in the mirror, I'll wait until you're done.

'Castoff from the Bears'. 'Plodding oaf'. Perhaps they are, but they're comprising an oline that HAS BARELY PLAYED TOGETHER AT ALL. Forgive me, but I didn't know olines that have been remade gelled overnight. I'll bow to your superior knowledge. BTW, where is this 'Pro-Bowl Offensive Lineman Tree' that you and others seem to think grows out there somewhere and that TD won't pick from it to spite us all?

Dead-horse beater in chief.

455521[/snapback]

Joe, you are unbelievable. :( You personally were always one of the most interesting posters on TBD imo. You know why? Because you would take a stand, go with it, and discuss it.

Suddenly, you have become a TD lapdog; one who sees NO room for discussion nor disagreement on a message board. Drew sucks. TD and JP are great.

Mr. Positive, are we? :)

Either way, you are a cool friggin dude! :D

Joe, you are unbelievable.  :)  You personally were always one of the most interesting posters on TBD imo. You know why? Because you would take a stand, go with it, and discuss it.

Suddenly, you have become a TD lapdog; one who sees NO room for discussion nor disagreement on a message board. Drew sucks. TD and JP are great.

Mr. Positive, are we?  :D

Either way, you are a cool friggin dude!  ;)

455577[/snapback]

As opposed to: Drew is good. The OLine sucks. Travis Henry is the human equivalent of Syphilis?

Please. :(

You're posting as if you're giddy about being able to denigrate the oline yet again, not to mention rub peoples faces in the fact that Bledsoe is doing well in Dallas and how you and your ilk were right that we should have kept him, and I'm the one being a pompous ass? Again, whatever Bill. Go !@#$ the man in the mirror, I'll wait until you're done.

'Castoff from the Bears'. 'Plodding oaf'. Perhaps they are, but they're comprising an oline that HAS BARELY PLAYED TOGETHER AT ALL. Forgive me, but I didn't know olines that have been remade gelled overnight. I'll bow to your superior knowledge. BTW, where is this 'Pro-Bowl Offensive Lineman Tree' that you and others seem to think grows out there somewhere and that TD won't pick from it to spite us all?

455545[/snapback]

Giddy? No, sick to my stomach would be a more accurate description. I love the Bills, Bills Fans, TBD, and WNY. Imo, we deserve better than what is being put out there.

As Mark stated this morning, Bills Fans are doing their part. We are filling the stadium, supporting the team and making noise. I will be doing just that on 10/09.

As for Drew, you are correct. I did want TD to keep him. So what? The difference is that I don't hate JP the way you and others hate Drew. I have been cheering him on in every play this season.

That said, he is a kid. He scares me enough with the head first dives. I don't want him killed because of the same friggin problem that we have year after friggin year..... a slipshod OL!

Any way, I am sorry to have exploded. You and I go WAY back, and there is just no need for this.

Oh, almost forgot.....the "OL Tree" you asked about? I advocate doing just what Pitt. and NE are doing with BOTH lines. Keep bringing 'em in. NE has guys like Wilfork and this 1st round OG just waiting in the wings. Everybody on Pitt can block!

JP deserves this, not this guy Jerman, and so do the fans.

Giddy? No, sick to my stomach would be a more accurate description. I love the Bills, Bills Fans, TBD, and WNY. Imo, we deserve better than what is being put out there.

As Mark stated this morning, Bills Fans are doing their part. We are filling the stadium, supporting the team and making noise. I will be doing just that on 10/09.

As for Drew, you are correct. I did want TD to keep him. So what? The difference is that I don't hate JP the way you and others hate Drew. I have been cheering him on in every play this season.

That said, he is a kid. He scares me enough with the head first dives. I don't want him killed because of the same friggin problem that we have year after friggin year..... a slipshod OL!

Any way, I am sorry to have exploded. You and I go WAY back, and there is just no need for this.

Oh, almost forgot.....the "OL Tree" you asked about? I advocate doing just what Pitt. and NE are doing with BOTH lines. Keep bringing 'em in. NE has guys like Wilfork and this 1st round OG just waiting in the wings. Everybody on Pitt can block!

JP deserves this, not this guy Jerman, and so do the fans.

455604[/snapback]

I'm sick to my stomach as well. My apologies.

And I thought TD was 'bringing 'em in'? They may not turn out to be schit, but he's bringing 'em in. It's too early to write the oline off just yet.

Part of the reason Bledsoe is doing so well with Dallas is because of their offensive line.  They have bigger and stronger guys than us, so it allows Drew to pat the ball all day long and make his throws.  He would be sacked even more this year if he stayed.

455344[/snapback]

Absolutly. This is exactly the point. OUR O LINE SUCKS B A L L S!!! JP or Drew, it makes no difference. Shoulda upgraded that line Donahoe. Not Mike Gandy, Anderson and Co. What about Mike Williams? He should be immovable but isn't. The Bills will suffer more and more if we can't get decent protection for JP.

Watching that PIT vs NE game, you have to look at both of their O lines in awe because they give both Brady and Big Ben lots more time than we do JP. JP would be a hellava lot better with a NE front line.

AD, those ARE 3 accurate statements.  :devil:

I think that we will all feel better after we beat the saints.

455624[/snapback]

If the 9ers didn't self destruct and blow a 10-pt lead in the 4th quarter, no one would be talking about how good Drew Bledsoe is...

Nice to see honest opinions here. Yep - O-line DOES stink, coaching could use improvement, and JP needs to get more accurate. Winning cures everything, even whining...

If our OL stinks so much, could somebody explain to me how TB whose OL is a bunch of cast-offs are paving the way for the NFL's leading rusher.  Better coaching, better RB, better talent on the OL or all of the above?

455685[/snapback]

Veteran QB and committment to the run, though Griese tried like hell to give the GB game away. JP is a tick slow on his reads and it's killing him.

Veteran QB and committment to the run, though Griese tried like hell to give the GB game away.  JP is a tick slow on his reads and it's killing him.

455687[/snapback]

AD, your response is intriguing. Do you think that the Bills should start Holcombe, and commit to the run?

I am NOT trying to argue. This is a serious football question.

AD, your response is intriguing. Do you think that the Bills should start Holcombe, and commit to the run?

I am NOT trying to argue. This is a serious football question.

455691[/snapback]

I've thought since they signed Holcomb he should be the starter - if the goal is to win now. Apparently it isn't.

I've thought since they signed Holcomb he should be the starter - if the goal is to win now.  Apparently it isn't.

455692[/snapback]

Wow. I did not know this. Honestly, this makes your anti-Drew rants easier to comprehend. :devil:

I don't feel that as a fan, I am entitled to "honesty" from the Bills Organization. Fans should not be privy to the inner workings of a football team. GMs need secrecy at times to compete with their peers.

That said, do you think that TD and MM decided to write off the season in order to bring JP along?

Also, are you happy (in general) with the way that TD has chosen to build this football team?

Btw, I have very mixed emotions. Forget Drew.....the Travis Henry deal was imo as good as it can possibly get for a GM wrt a trade. But, I am not pleased with our OL. Again, it is hard for me to call TD good nor bad.

Whadda you think?

Wow. I did not know this. Honestly, this makes your anti-Drew rants easier to comprehend.  :devil:

I don't feel that as a fan, I am entitled to "honesty" from the Bills Organization. Fans should not be privy to the inner workings of a football team. GMs need secrecy at times to compete with their peers.

That said, do you think that TD and MM decided to write off the season in order to bring JP along? 

Also, are you happy (in general) with the way that TD has chosen to build this football team?

Btw, I have very mixed emotions. Forget Drew.....the Travis Henry deal was imo as good as it can possibly get for a GM wrt a trade. But, I am not pleased with our OL. Again, it is hard for me to call TD good nor bad.

Whadda you think?

455719[/snapback]

I don't think the OLine is as bad as it's made out to be. I do think it's not suited for teams like Tampa Bay. It wasn't as bad yesterday as they announcers made it look, JP missed some presnap reads and that killed us (he had a chance to hit Moulds for a TD early in the game on a skinny post/corner and totally missed it, as one example).

I don't know that they decided to write off the season but I think they figured they'd steal some wins out of the gate with defense. That is VERY disappointing.

Happy? Nah. I think we erred greatly in not grabbing one of the many available veteran interior DLineman available (the dude from the JETS that Dallas picked up or Simon would have been great, though I completely support jettisoning Pat Williams) and I think it's an error to start a kid who's clearly not ready - especially in this division.

I was all for the dumping of Drew Bledsoe because he couldn't even get out of his own way...but...after watching the first 3 weeks of action I think for a team standpoint of having a better chance to win this season Bledsoe was the choice...Losman is a long way from being ready to lead this team into the promised land and although I doubted if Bledsoe could take us anywhere he was at least a decent long ball thrower who would have taken advantage of the falcons beaten up secondary yesterday if he had time to throw the ball...I'm now starting to think the Bills should have concentrated more on building that O-Line up and given Bledsoe one more shot this season.

455310[/snapback]

Its not that we should have kept Bledsoe, ist just unfortunate that we couldn't have started JP last season to let him "take his licks". If JP was healthy last season that would have been the case. Of course that was not the case and now he has to take a beating this year, and hopefully emerge as a top level QB, ala Carson Palmer.

I think we are in the same situation this year as the Bengals were last year. 2nd year Head Coach, first year starting QB. A team with a lot of solid players all around. The season is not over and we can still win another 7-8 games hopefully to finish respectable and maybe sneak into the postseason. But with the way we are playing now against the run and the way our passing game is, we'll be lucky if we win another 3 games all year!!!