Get off Losman's back!

AMEN. They aren't even in the same ballpark in their first 3 starts.

455441[/snapback]

Palmer's first three starts:

Game 1....18/27 for 248 yards___2 TD___1 int___105.2 QB rating___31-24 Loss to NYJ

Game 2....21/38 for 147 yards___0 TD___1 int___53.3 QB rating___16-13 Win over MIA

Game 3....25/52 for 316 yards___0 TD___3 int___43.4 QB rating___23-9 Loss to BALT

Looks pretty similar to JP to me, especially the 1-2 record and QB ratings in games 2 and 3.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you think that JP would give us a better chance to win than Bledsoe THIS season? Tell the truth.  :devil:

455440[/snapback]

The truth...DB would have given us a chance to go 9-7 or 10-6. If the Bills had made the playoffs, they would have been clobbered. I stand by my opinion that DB could not take the Bills to the SB. Therefore, I was in favor of the decision to let DB go and take our lumps with JP in 2005.

So to disprove your point, if you theoritically gave all 30 NFL coaches the choice of having either JPL or CP straight from college, do you know how many would pick JPL? ZERO!

455511[/snapback]

ok, maybe i was wrong to compare you to b.harami...at least he knew the league has 32 teams... :devil:

JP Losman is no Carson Palmer. I wish people would stop comparing the two.

455437[/snapback]

Carson Palmer wasn't "Carson Palmer" last year after 3 games either. Hell, very few QBs come out of the gate looking good; it doesn't mean they won't eventually be quality players. If every coach gave up on QBs as quickly as the people on this board there would be very few QBs who started more than 3 games in their entire career.

He's also no Rob Johnson too. Have to see both sides

455989[/snapback]

My God I'm actually going to say this...

Rob Johnson would have won that game yesterday.

I'm going to go put a pistol to my head now.

My God I'm actually going to say this...

Rob Johnson would have won that game yesterday.

I'm going to go put a pistol to my head now.

456203[/snapback]

Damn, I didn't know RJ could be used on D to shore up our run D. That guy was a talent!

This is silly.

Yes, our D was the worst performer on Sunday, in terms of the 3 groups.

But Losman was the worst INDIVIDUAL performer.

Some of you are already starting to back off and say, well, it's going to take a while...we'll suck until he's ready. Don't forget: This team was supposed to win NOW, the same way the steelers did it with BRoethlisberger. The team referenced their situation many times. THey said they're winning NOW. They said it in a variety of ways. After game 1 it looked like they were demonstrating that vision.

But the reality is we were just lucky to play such a horrid team to make us look better than we are.

Losman is NOT seeing the field. He's not seeing wide open receivers. He's hesitating. He has addressed his failure to pull the trigger and yet it continues. I give him credit for his ownership but this glitch in his game is the worst glitch you can have.

And it could haunt him his entire career. Which would make his career short. Hopefully he'll get over it. I Like the kid. But again, it's a coach's game. And mularkey has not impressed me yet. Like him, but I'm not impressed. If I could trade him right now for Saban, I would.

Too negative for ya? Well, whatever. I'm sick of the same old story with minor edits.

455349[/snapback]

I'm not sure where to pass blame, there is way to much of it to pass at the moment.

But, I'll agree 100% with your assessment of JP. So many on this board want to justify... Will the kid be good, time will tell... But, right now, this minute, he is B-A-D, BAD. Rookie mistakes, maybe, but he's not even playing like a potential NFL quarterback at the moment. If he threw like this at a combine, he wouldn't have even been drafted, let alone in the 1st round. `

I'll also agree 100% that MM and TC need to set the kid up for success. If he is not throwing with any accuracy, stop giving him those throws to make. Give him more quick slants, quick outs, and screens to take the pressure off and get him some confidence in his throws.

Palmer's first three starts:

Game 1....18/27 for 248 yards___2 TD___1 int___105.2 QB rating___31-24 Loss to NYJ

Game 2....21/38 for 147 yards___0 TD___1 int___53.3 QB rating___16-13 Win over MIA

Game 3....25/52 for 316 yards___0 TD___3 int___43.4 QB rating___23-9 Loss to BALT

Looks pretty similar to JP to me, especially the 1-2 record and QB ratings in games 2 and 3.

455648[/snapback]

Really? Twice as many passing yards through 3 games is close to you? Not to mention the 55% completion pertentage compared to 48% for JP. Okey Dokey. :o

WTF...Did you expect Losman to be an All-Pro right out of the gate.  Go back and take a look at Eli Manning when he came in for Warner last year.  3 games and you are ready to write off his career.  Did I expect that Losman through 3 games would show more signs than he has?  Sure I did, but I'm not ready to write him off, because he hasn't.

455394[/snapback]

Eli Manning (and i'm not a fan) was a true rookie last year. JPL saw time in the preseason last year / a few games last year / the entire offseason to study the playbook / preseason this year.

Its not even close to compare a 1st season rookie w/ ultra high expectations to a second year qb w/ no experience. They're from different worlds and clearly moving in different directions.

Damn, I didn't know RJ could be used on D to shore up our run D.  That guy was a talent!

456214[/snapback]

It didn't matter how bad everyone else played because that game was winable if you had a QB with any awareness on the field. JP lost that game. Yes, the defense didn't play great but we should have won that game without a doubt.

Really? Twice as many passing yards through 3 games is close to you? Not to mention the 55% completion pertentage compared to 48% for JP. Okey Dokey. :o

456366[/snapback]

the "end all and be all" of statistics, the QB rating has Carson's first 3 games at 60.88

JP's first three 59.99

actually their stats are comparable

other things not taken into account in QB rating:

sacks yielded -- JP 7 for 57, CP 10 for 68

rushing yards -- JP 15 for 64, CP 3 for 12

fumbles lost -- each 1

sounding better and better all the time ...

take into account, CP's one win was against a Miami squad that won how many games last year? ...

It didn't matter how bad everyone else played because that game was winable if you had a QB with any awareness on the field. JP lost that game. Yes, the defense didn't play great but we should have won that game without a doubt.

456489[/snapback]

you can say the same about the defense. JP played well enough to win the game led us to 16 points . yes JP did not play great . but he is not the one who gave up 200 plus yards on the ground .