Important Momentum Shifting Drive...

YOOOOOO

1-10-ATL24 (14:54) W.Dunn right guard pushed ob at ATL 44 for 20 yards (T.McGee).

1-10-ATL44 (14:28) M.Vick pass intended for A.Crumpler INTERCEPTED by C.Kelsay at BUF 48. C.Kelsay to ATL 35 for 17 yards (A.Crumpler). Coverage on right side.

Buffalo Bills at 14:19

1-10-ATL35 (14:19) W.McGahee up the middle to ATL 32 for 3 yards (C.Lavalais).

2-7-ATL32 (13:38) J.Losman pass to L.Evans to ATL 31 for 1 yard (C.Morton). Screen left, caught at ATL 35.

3-6-ATL31 (12:56) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to S.Aiken to ATL 19 for 12 yards (D.Hall, P.Kerney). Caught over middle at ATL 24.

1-10-ATL19 (12:18) W.McGahee right guard to ATL 15 for 4 yards (K.Brooking).

2-6-ATL15 (11:40) W.McGahee up the middle to ATL 13 for 2 yards (R.Coleman; M.Lehr).

3-4-ATL13 (10:59) (Shotgun) J.Smith left tackle to ATL 12 for 1 yard (C.Cash). Pitch left.

Jonathan "!@#$ing" Smith.....my question is WHY????

We come up with a big INT...we need 6 in the worst way...we take the lead and the momentum with 6 over 3....

You have a 3rd and 4 at the 13....put the ball in the hands of one of your playmakers...Mcgahee, Evans or Moulds, maybe even a designed run with Losman....

NOPE!!!!!!

Lets pitch it out to !@#$ing Jonathan Smith.....

Tom Clements...what were you thinking...???

1-10-ATL24 (14:54) W.Dunn right guard pushed ob at ATL 44 for 20 yards (T.McGee).

1-10-ATL44 (14:28) M.Vick pass intended for A.Crumpler INTERCEPTED by C.Kelsay at BUF 48. C.Kelsay to ATL 35 for 17 yards (A.Crumpler). Coverage on right side.

Buffalo Bills at 14:19

1-10-ATL35 (14:19) W.McGahee up the middle to ATL 32 for 3 yards (C.Lavalais).

2-7-ATL32 (13:38) J.Losman pass to L.Evans to ATL 31 for 1 yard (C.Morton). Screen left, caught at ATL 35.

3-6-ATL31 (12:56) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to S.Aiken to ATL 19 for 12 yards (D.Hall, P.Kerney). Caught over middle at ATL 24.

1-10-ATL19 (12:18) W.McGahee right guard to ATL 15 for 4 yards (K.Brooking).

2-6-ATL15 (11:40) W.McGahee up the middle to ATL 13 for 2 yards (R.Coleman; M.Lehr).

3-4-ATL13 (10:59) (Shotgun) J.Smith left tackle to ATL 12 for 1 yard (C.Cash). Pitch left.

Jonathan "!@#$ing" Smith.....my question is WHY????

We come up with a big INT...we need 6 in the worst way...we take the lead and the momentum with 6 over 3....

You have a 3rd and 4 at the 13....put the ball in the hands of one of your playmakers...Mcgahee, Evans or Moulds, maybe even a designed run with Losman....

NOPE!!!!!!

Lets pitch it out to !@#$ing Jonathan Smith.....

455191[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing...however I would have liked to have seen Shaud Williams on that play. With his speed he could have turned the corner and made the first down yardage. It was a GREAT playcall but the personnel choice was terrible. Shaud Williams makes the play - honestly I do not even think WM makes the play.

I admit, I was pretty !@#$in' bewildered (bewildered, now that's a damn fine word, doesn't get nearly the respect it deserves. Comes in very handy when watching the Bills) about that play call. In fact I was pretty !@#$in' bewildered at A LOT of the playcalling yesterday. Willis should have run for over 200 yds yesterday, but it seemed like the coaches were trying to prove to everyone that Losman could win the game with his arm... :(

Goofy yes, but many have been clamoring for MM's trademark "trick" plays, plus the incassant off-season drumbeat for a "slash" player.

Those that pointed out that a "slash player" is a fundamentally weak thing to need were somewhat dismissed by others.

See also the Blitz!BlitzBlitz!!! crowd... :(

In TC defense JS had the first down easy had he not slipped. Plenty of guys slipped yesterday including JP on the critical 4th and inches, and Willis as he broke his longest run of the day.

That said Lee Evans would have probably been a better candidate to execute that play, but he certainly would have drawed more attention.

If that was done in the 1st or 2nd quarter...i could accept it....

That drive yesterday we needed 6 in the worst way...im a believer when you need something...you put the ball in the hands of your best player, not a dude off the bench, that sees the field 4/5 times a week...

I admit, I was pretty !@#$in' bewildered (bewildered, now that's a damn fine word, doesn't get nearly the respect it deserves. Comes in very handy when watching the Bills) about that play call. In fact I was pretty !@#$in' bewildered at A LOT of the playcalling yesterday. Willis should have run for over 200 yds yesterday, but it seemed like the coaches were trying to prove to everyone that Losman could win the game with his arm... :(

455205[/snapback]

They're getting criticized for not running enough and for not taking advantage of the injuries to the Falcons secondary. Which one is it?

In TC defense JS had the first down easy had he not slipped.  Plenty of guys slipped yesterday including JP on the critical 4th and inches, and Willis as he broke his longest run of the day.

That said Lee Evans would have probably been a better candidate to execute that play, but he certainly would have drawed more attention.

455210[/snapback]

Good point tying the three slips together, but why weren't the Falcons slipping, particularly Vick on that 27-yard-run?

455191[/snapback]

The other one was the Ds doing...You had them pinned at the 11yard line

with 1 minute to go to half time...and then you let Warrick Dunn run off

59 yards....That took the air out of the defense.....

The other one was the Ds doing...You had them pinned at the 11yard line

with 1 minute to go to half time...and then you let Warrick Dunn run off

59 yards....That took the air out of the defense.....

Actually, thats the one play I could excuse. The 59 yd run was on the very next play after TKO got hurt. I'll give a pass on that one. The other 350+ yards however....

Way to miss the point.  If the players think the way YOU do, they're already beaten.

455567[/snapback]

But we don't know if they think the way we do or not. We're just fans, and the way we think has no bearing on the game at all...

CW

455205[/snapback]

I was befuddled by our offensive game plan.