Hook him for Holcomb

Billswin

I think Losman is the future for this team but.....I think this is the year (although with Spikes out it may be a mute point) that we have a chance to make the playoffs. Next year we will be without Moulds, Clements and who knows who else.

I say give Holcumb a shot. Give him the reps in practice and lets see what he can do. If we wait till after the Saints game it may be too late from both a record and morale standpoint.

Throw Losman back in if Holcumb lays and egg.

Desperate times call for desparte measures.

Edited by Billswin

I think Losman is the future for this team but.....I think this is the year (although with Spikes out it may be a mute point) that we have a chance to make the playoffs.  Next year we will be without Moulds, Clements and who knows who else.

I say give Holcumb a shot.  Give him the reps in practice and lets see what he can do.  If we wait till after the Saints game it may be too late from both a record and morale standpoint.

455134[/snapback]

Not time.

I think Losman is the future for this team but.....I think this is the year (although with Spikes out it may be a mute point) that we have a chance to make the playoffs.  Next year we will be without Moulds, Clements and who knows who else.

I say give Holcumb a shot.  Give him the reps in practice and lets see what he can do.  If we wait till after the Saints game it may be too late from both a record and morale standpoint.

455134[/snapback]

It's not time to start the backup QB until people learn how to spell his name. Last night it was HolcombE, today it is HolcUmb.

H-O-L-C-O-M-B

Not time.

455135[/snapback]

Shane Matthews did look excellent in garbage time vs. 49ers last year....

I say leave JP in and let him suck it up. That's the only way the move to draft him and play him will pay off for next year and hopefully beyond. Or, he could bust...but we have to find out.

Maybe if we had a playoff caliber team you could make the win now argument. But Holcomb is not going to come in and lead this team to the promise land. We might get some improved play but it would be at the expense of JP's future. We all want to win now, but we need to be patient, 3 games into a career is hardly enough to time judge a QB's future.

Maybe if we had a playoff caliber team you could make the win now argument. But Holcomb is not going to come in and lead this team to the promise land. We might get some improved play but it would be at the expense of JP's future. We all want to win now, but we need to be patient, 3 games into a career is hardly enough to time judge a QB's future.

455160[/snapback]

I agree. Putting in Holcomb is no better an option than bringing back DB for another year of mediocrity. Leave JP in for the forseeable future.

455134[/snapback]

:(

Tempting, but I'm not sure that the team could have done more than a game or maybe two better than 8 -8 even if he does/did reasonably well for a first-time starter. Most realistic folks picked them to be in the 6-10 - 10 -6 range...the schedule seems tougher this year, and the last 8 games include 6 of '04's play-off clubs and the last two contests are on the road.

I don't think the Bills are good enough in other areas that just putting in Holcomb will make a difference. The offensive line has once again been subpar ---- now they can't pass block ---- and the defense is vunerable to the run now. Who would have guessed three weeks into the season that Lindell would be the MVP :(

Unless Holcomb can stop the run, I think he will stay on the bench.

455134[/snapback]

455134[/snapback]

Can someone explain to me how someone who joined TSW in 2003 can have 4 (count 'em - 4) posts over that period yet show up here after a loss with THE ANSWERS??? Every $#@_*!% thread I've read the past 18 hours seems to be by the same type of poster. SDS, any ideas?

455134[/snapback]

you have got to be kidding .......so the giants should have traded manning after last season ????

Can someone explain to me how someone who joined TSW in 2003 can have 4 (count 'em - 4) posts over that period yet show up here after a loss with THE ANSWERS???  Every $#@_*!% thread I've read the past 18 hours seems to be by the same type of poster.    SDS, any ideas?

455345[/snapback]

I do. We have people that observe. Perhaps they now are a bit frustrated about the team's performance in a business that depends on folk's emotions.

Myself, I'm happy to have people chime in. None of us have any answers... :):(

Hey, at least McGahee is doing his bit.  Josh Reed too.

The O-line should be ashamed of themselves.  Unitas couldn't get off a pass in 1.3 seconds.

455295[/snapback]

and the Defense too.....thye had no business letting these guys run on you like that in your own backyard.....And as far as Time of Possession the Bills

O in fact had more time than the faclons in the 1st half....

If we punch in TDs on those two 1st drives then we are right in this ball game...

Thanks to putrid play calling, we settled for field goals which came back to

bite us.

I do. We have people that observe. Perhaps they now are a bit frustrated about the team's performance in a business that depends on folk's emotions.

Myself, I'm happy to have people chime in.  None of us have any answers... :)  :(

455388[/snapback]

Cincy, since you've seen Carson Palmer's development up close, how would you relate his experiences over the first 8 games last year with the way he finished up and has continued in 2005 vis-a-vis JP? Are there any lessons, similarities, differences (hope!) we can take from that, or are we just whistling in the wind here?