everyone said at the begining of the year...

tbonehawaii

Drew Brees was bad the first season he was a starter....good thing San Diego gave up on him, huh?

And I remember Terry Bradshaw's first season in Pittsburgh. He played so poorly that their fans were convinced he was retarded.

(Well, ok, maybe they weren't COMPLETELY wrong.)

Maybe it is too soon for JP to start, but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

454836[/snapback]

I "fact" that those who use this arguement keep forgetting about, the Bills aren't rebuilding.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone said at the begining of the year..., that all JP had to do was be a caretaker
Yeah, and everyone was wrong.

Our defense was awful yesterday. The Falcons marched down the field every time they had the ball. 3rd and 7? 3rd and 11? No problem.

JP wasn't good yesterday but he wasn't the reason we lost.

Yeah, and everyone was wrong.

Our defense was awful yesterday.  The Falcons marched down the field every time they had the ball.  3rd and 7?  3rd and 11?  No problem.

JP wasn't good yesterday but he wasn't the reason we lost.

454881[/snapback]

Isn't that the truth ? He was supposed not to gift games away which he is doing (1 INT, don't mention the 'almost interceptions). D was supposed to bail him out and score with some turnovers which they are not doing.

ST was supposed to help the D which is not happening. Yes they are competent, RL has kicked better but no punt/kickoff returns for TDs, no consistent punting.

IN summary, we expected him to struggle and the other facets were supposed to cover for that.

Isn't that the truth ? He was supposed not to gift games away which he is doing (1 INT, don't mention the 'almost interceptions). D was supposed to bail him out and score with some turnovers which they are not doing.

ST was supposed to help the D which is not happening. Yes they are competent, RL has kicked better but no punt/kickoff returns for TDs, no consistent punting.

IN summary, we expected him to struggle and the other facets were supposed to cover for that.

454906[/snapback]

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think every single person on this board forgot what the plan was less than a month ago.

THANK YOU!  I was beginning to think every single person on this board forgot what the plan was less than a month ago.

455161[/snapback]

I didn't and I'm still sticking with that plan for awhile... JP's doing his part... he's starting to throw more (which was a huge complaint for awhile- that he wasn't getting a chance to throw the ball) even if they suck, it'll take some practice and he doesn't run every single play so he seems slightly more comfortable out there. I think he progressing slowly, even if the numbers don't show it.

The rest of the team was supposed to help him out, which they are not. We've got an OL that doesn't know how to block half the time, a special teams that is only playing average, and a defense whose heads got so big they thought they were God's gift to football, only to be shut down drive after drive. How can JP be expected to excel as a rookie when his team just isn't helping him out?

He'll never be ready if you yank him.  That's what I'm saying.  Don't use the hook unless you are ready to commit to Holcomb as your #1.  Alternating starts?  :(

PTR

454293[/snapback]

Agreed. He needs to start every game in order to see what he is made of. Then at the end of the season you can make your change if it doesn't work out. BTW when is Phil Rivers due to be a free agent??

Agreed. He needs to start every game in order to see what he is made of. Then at the end of the season you can make your change if it doesn't work out. BTW when is Phil Rivers due to be a free agent??

455235[/snapback]

Rivers won't be a free agent and I don't think the Bills are going to want to throw more draft picks at an unproven QB.