MM storms out of PC?

Thailog80

He said he was his own worst critic, but didn't bother mentioning his awful accuracy today. He was going on and on about his hesitation and how he's got to correct that but at the same time giving the class a lesson about how to be a good quarterback.

453651[/snapback]

On pass plays, I'd start counting after the snap. I could usually get to four and then JP would be running for his life. He's holding onto the ball for too long as he's trying to make his reads. When he does throw, it's because he's hurried by the defensive pressure and that's probably why his accuracy is off.

I think he's still adjusting to the speed of the professional game. Behind our line, he needs to chuck it within three seconds or start running.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1-2 in your first 3 starts is not bad at all, and he even played a good game in the win.  Most QBs need at least 3/4 of a season or so before they start to settle in.  That's why I kind of think that big winning streak you guys had last year was a detriment in the long run.  Losman was obviously going to be the starter in '06, and the streak just set back his development.

Give the kid some time.

453785[/snapback]

I never thought i'd see the day when i looked to a patsie fan for some reasonable logic...

and pacpie, you sound like the biggest fairweather fan "jp sucks, so hes losing me"

Good, we need more bandwagon room for the real fans who support the TEAM

On pass plays, I'd start counting after the snap. I could usually get to four and then JP would be running for his life. He's holding onto the ball for too long as he's trying to make his reads. When he does throw, it's because he's hurried by the defensive pressure and that's probably why his accuracy is off.

I think he's still adjusting to the speed of the professional game. Behind our line, he needs to chuck it within three seconds or start running.

455500[/snapback]

That's how I see it too. He's not seeing the field well enough yet and it's causing him to think too much / react too late. Hopefully the game will begin to slow down for him soon.

The biggest concern I have, though, is that JPs sort of an emotional/hyper guy. He might have problems relaxing and continue to be his own worst enemy.

i was tuned in for that part... basically a reporter was 2nd guessing MM action to bench C. Villarrial In the final moments of the game in favor of Duke Preston. MM was smoothe talking over the situation like he needed a win, we wanted Duke to get some reps etc. The guy then said how/why would you bench your experienced RG for a rookie at crucial moments like a 4th and 1, and a play that caused JP to fumble. MM was then like well i guess you know more than I do, got frustrated because the guy was right... in addition after this frustration, a reporter said with the Defense falling apart, isn't your whole blueprint falling apart?... He then got up and left. LOL... I felt ciritcism was due. Heads must roll!!!

The question that drove MM from the podium was "....so if our vaunted D isn't getting the job done to take the pressure off of JP, is the plan falling apart?"

And yes, I believe it was Sullivan who asked it.

453647[/snapback]

If only Jerry Sullivan were writing for New England the Bills would be the two time defending Super Bowl Champs and New England would be struggling.

Oh that Sullivan guy is a one man wrecking crew destroying the Bills. The media is clearly holding back the Bills from reaching their goals.

:(

If only Jerry Sullivan were writing for New England the Bills would be the two time defending Super Bowl Champs and New England would be struggling.

Oh that Sullivan guy is a one man wrecking crew destroying the Bills. The media is clearly holding back the Bills from reaching their goals.

:(

455543[/snapback]

Jerry's a New England guy (Rhode Island, I believe). He must have the world's biggest "Boston Globe" envy crisis ever observed...

455543[/snapback]

You do of course realize that you are the only one typing such nonsense?

Much like JP, in Favre's rookie season he rode the pine and saw spot duty in 2 games and threw 4 passes. In his second year (just like JP) in the NFL he started 13 games and put up the stats. In my previous post I meant first year starting, sorry if I confused you. :(

3227 yds 18 TDS and 13 INTS with a 64% completion percentage.

455463[/snapback]

Favre won his first game and played lousy the next three weeks, a pace Losman is on track to match. The point is, it is too early to decide whether JP is a bust or not and Favre is a good example of that based on the numbers. It is not fair to compare Favre's season ending numbers with JP's numbers now after he has only played a handful of games. He is doing no worse than Favre did in his first 3 or 4 games.

basically a reporter was 2nd guessing MM action to bench C. Villarrial In the final moments of the game in favor of Duke Preston.  MM was smoothe talking over the situation like he needed a win, we wanted Duke to get some reps etc.  The guy then said how/why would you bench your experienced RG for a rookie at crucial moments like a 4th and 1, and a play that caused JP to fumble.  MM was then like well i guess you know more than I do, got frustrated because the guy was right...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=31388

Favre won his first game and played lousy the next three weeks, a pace Losman is on track to match.  The point is, it is too early to decide whether JP is a bust or not and Favre is a good example of that based on the numbers.  It is not fair to  compare Favre's season ending numbers with JP's numbers now after he has only played a handful of games.  He is doing no worse than Favre did in his first 3 or 4 games.

455612[/snapback]

Do you remember if Favre was running a conservative offensive game plan in his first four starts, or was he his old riverboat gambler high-risk persona from the start?

Shows you that the average Pats fan knows more about football than the average bills fan. Sad but true.

Some of the fools on TSW are a disgrace.

453870[/snapback]

Like posters who claim Favre blew in his first as a starter, which was also his second year in the league. By the way that was 1992, Favre's first ProBowl year. :devil:

Like posters who claim Favre blew in his first as a starter, which was also his second year in the league. By the way that was 1992, Favre's first ProBowl year. :devil:

455650[/snapback]

He did. He threw all of 5 passes his first year for zero completions and was such a drunken lout that Jerry Glanville dropped him like a hot potato.

And how can YOU know what will happen with JP next year (or even later this year) through THREE GAMES?

You can't and don't pretend you can because it only makes you look the fool.

And how can YOU know what will happen with JP next year (or even later this year) through THREE GAMES?

455656[/snapback]

I'd like to know how YOU can know what will happen based on THREE GAMES as well. It's a two-way street, and if we could only talk about things that are black and white, there wouldn't be anything to post about... (except babes in the OT forum :devil: )

CW

I'd like to know how YOU can know what will happen based on THREE GAMES as well.  It's a two-way street, and if we could only talk about things that are black and white, there wouldn't be anything to post about... (except babes in the OT forum :devil: )

CW

455663[/snapback]

All I've been saying is give the kid a chance. The naysayers are bringing out the long knives after three starts.

See the difference?

He did. He threw all of 5 passes his first year for zero completions and was such a drunken lout that Jerry Glanville dropped him like a hot potato.

455656[/snapback]

JSP you lost it on this one.

You can compare JP's first year to Favres first year, as they both basically played scrub and sucked tremendously.

Favres first year starting was with Green Bay and he did a good job. He digressed his third year (which was his second year starting).

We'll see how JP doesn, and I hope it starts clicking.

All I've been saying is give the kid a chance. The naysayers are bringing out the long knives after three starts.

See the difference?

455667[/snapback]

Fair enough.

For the record, I posted that we should stick with JPL as well. :devil: We're on the same side, really!!!

CW