Disturbing

The intention is to protect troubled children, Brouwer said. Until now, schools and police have been unable to communicate with each other about truancy records and criminality, which are often linked.

Truancy, criminality...and they're "protecting" the "children". <_<

The Dutch electorate actually believes that? :(

As a privacy safeguard, no single person or agency will be able to access all contents of a file.

Yeah....until the project becomes ten times more expensive than budgeted and they need to cut out those 'safeguards' under the banner of efficiency. <_<

I believe it was John Ashcroft who said:

"To those who pit Americans against immigrants, and citizens against non-citizens, to those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve."

Don't you guys know you are aiding terrorists? <_<

I do recall that those of us on the left who expressed concern about this blithe attitude towards surrendering freedoms in exchange for mostly illusory security were treated rather poorly hereabouts.

I believe it was John Ashcroft who said:

"To those who pit Americans against immigrants, and citizens against non-citizens, to those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve."

Don't you guys know you are aiding terrorists?  :(

I do recall that those of us on the left who expressed concern about this blithe attitude towards surrendering freedoms in exchange for mostly illusory security were treated rather poorly hereabouts.

451469[/snapback]

There you go again, mickey, you freedom-hater. Remember war is peace in this brave new world...and by the same convoluted logic giving up freedom liberates you from fear.

Uh huh.

[note to neocons: this is sarcasm. there are definitions in dictionaries...]