Bledsoe for a kicker

C.Biscuit97

A buddy and I were discussing this today in a very joking manner. But then we really thought about it and became a little surprised. I thought Bledsoe played really well on Sunday, but Shane Matthews couldn't have executed the same gameplan? So since we don't have a kicker we can trust, what about trading Bledsoe for a decent kicker and maybe a pick??? Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I'm only kidding and not blaming bledsoe in anyway. But I seriously wonder, what team would do this? It's kinda scary to think we couldn't deal a starting quaterback for a kicker. Or is it just that kickers are way undervalued? I was just wondering what some of y'all think.

Lindell and Bledsoe for a better then average kicker. I would do that deal in a millisecond. Problem is no other team would make that deal. Most top kickers have great quarterbacks on their team. The only team I can think of would be the Bears trading Paul Edinger. Kickers are very valuable to a playoff team though. Too many games are decided by a kicker and you need a reliable one late in the season. I guess they are undervalued.

I like your thinking. However, if there is some team's GM that is stupid enough to...

1) want Bledsoe

and then

2) willing to give something in exchange for him,

I say... fire that GM immediately... he is totally incompetent.

A buddy and I were discussing this today in a very joking manner.  But then we really thought about it and became a little surprised.  I thought Bledsoe played really well on Sunday, but Shane Matthews couldn't have executed the same gameplan?  So since we don't have a kicker we can trust, what about trading Bledsoe for a decent kicker and maybe a pick???  Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I'm only kidding and not blaming bledsoe in anyway.  But I seriously wonder, what team would do this?  It's kinda scary to think we couldn't deal a starting quaterback for a kicker.  Or is it just that kickers are way undervalued?  I was just wondering what some of y'all think.

31891[/snapback]

I think that TD grossly undervalues kickers for whatever reason. I'm sure he'd like to have a top one, but only for little hit on the salary cap and giving up nothing to get one. this is BS.

Just once I'd like our team to invest something in a kicker. what's wrong with taking one of those day 2 draft picks and using it on a great prospect. hell, enough of those day 2 picks TD has made don't pan out anyway, what's the risk? the reward could be great.

I think that TD grossly undervalues kickers for whatever reason.  I'm sure he'd like to have a top one, but only for little hit on the salary cap and giving up nothing to get one.  this is BS.

31969[/snapback]

I don't know, I thought he paid a lot of $$$ to get Lindell...

just hasn't worked out so far.