Notable Starting QBs

pkwwjd

Drew Brees

Kyle Boller -- no surprise

Tim Rattay -- ditto

Jake Plummer

Jake Delhomme

Joey Harrington -- game over when Garcia is healthy

Patrick Ramsey (he at least started the season)

David Carr -- he's back in 3rd grade permanently

Dante Culpepper (41.6 rating)

So after 1 good, 1 bad game, JP has a higher rating than about 29% of the starting QBs in the league. A little perspective.

Drew Brees

Tim Rattay -- ditto

Jake Plummer

Jake Delhomme

So after 1 good, 1 bad game, JP has a higher rating than about 29% of the starting QBs in the league.  A little perspective.

450252[/snapback]

Those QBs are a combined 4-13 in games they've started this year. Somehow I doubt mentioning those players makes anybody feel any better. JP (and the offense as a whole) need to step up their play, it doesn't matter how poorly anybody else in the league is playing, they need to play better.

Bledsoe is worse than all of them.

His TD pass vs. the Redskins came on a trick play, so it should not count.

I worked nights last night and need some sleep. I am asking my team to please step up and back me up here. :blink:

Later amigos!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

450263[/snapback]

This logic never sits well with me. Homerun throwback was a trick play, so it shouldn't count. Vick gets alot of his rushing yardage on plays designed as pass plays, so they don't count. Last I checked there is no rule against trick plays...so they count. Bledsoe is off to an o.k. start, but I dont see the Cowboys as a real contender for the long haul. I try to get Drew out of my head and you just keep pulling him back in.

I worked nights last night and need some sleep. I am asking my team to please step up and back me up here.  :)

Later amigos!

450263[/snapback]

Did Drew spurn you when you made a pass at him? Is this a reason for the hatred. :blink:

j/k

Jake Delhomme sucks?

450269[/snapback]

I was thinking the same about Brees as well.

But you know to be fair to Carr, he hasn't had an Oline in front of him, so it's hard to tell how good he is.

It could also be noted that Frerotte, Orten, Griese and Brunell all have better ratings.

I worked nights last night and need some sleep. I am asking my team to please step up and back me up here.  :blink:

Later amigos!

450263[/snapback]

c'mon bill, you're better than this. you know EXACTLY what my point is with respect to the flea flicker bledsoe threw monday night. it was a beautiful, well designed and well executed play. of course it "counts."

but we're talking about bledsoe's play for the whole night. one trick play aside, bledsoe led his team to two stinking FGs over the other 59:30 of the game. that is not clutch QB play. it's not good QB play. it's the kind of play we've seen for the last two and a half seasons. a couple of beautiful passes to give you hope, and then failure when it really counts.

pete, i'm on base again. you're up.

one trick play aside, bledsoe led his team to two stinking FGs over the other 59:30 of the game.  it's not good QB play.  it's the kind of play we've seen for the last two and a half seasons.  a couple of beautiful passes to give you hope, and then failure when it really counts.

Which is twice as many fieldgoals as Losman got us last week... And we didn't even get the couple of beautiful passes... :blink:

That said, I don't expect him to look anywhere near as bad this week. Hopefully it's not just hopeless optimism...

CW

Drew Brees

Tim Rattay -- ditto

Jake Plummer

Jake Delhomme

So after 1 good, 1 bad game, JP has a higher rating than about 29% of the starting QBs in the league.  A little perspective.

450252[/snapback]

Bottom line, he is 24th in the league. As there are some decent QB's behind him, there are also some rotten ones ahead of him. I don't need passer ratings or any other stats or informative "perspective" to know that he played lousy against TB. It's only one game but it was a bad one and there is no denying it or candy coating it.

Which is twice as many fieldgoals as Losman got us last week...  And we didn't even get the  couple of beautiful passes... :blink:

That said, I don't expect him to look anywhere near as bad this week.  Hopefully it's not just hopeless optimism...

CW

450307[/snapback]

i appreciate your point but you fail to realize that i'm not comparing JP and drew -- my posts in the "same old drew" thread (and here) are only about drew being drew.

i appreciate your point but you fail to realize that i'm not comparing JP and drew -- my posts in the "same old drew" thread (and here) are only about drew being drew.

450353[/snapback]

So in a thread about JP, you talk about Drew but we're not supposed to think you're comparing the two at all. Uh huh... :blink:

CW

Im kinda in shock that Gus isnt on this list. Can we get a link?

450381[/snapback]

He did say notable, not ones that bang their heads into walls after throwing a TD. :blink:

But Gus actually has a higher rating believe it or not. Of course even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occassion, unless they get run over early in life.

He did say notable, not ones that bang their heads into walls after throwing a TD.  :D

But Gus actually has a higher rating believe it or not.  Of course even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occassion, unless they get run over early in life.

450385[/snapback]

Gus hasn't been that bad this season. Not terrific, but he's doing his part. And at least he hasn't stepped out of the back of the end zone. Rookie mistake.

The extra padding you guys put in the endzones should help as well.  :D

450469[/snapback]

Yeah, it doesn't hurt the situation that Gus fears the Wall more than he does opposing defenders... :D

In general, though, one of the most frustrating things to me is JP's tendency to go waaaay back when attempting to escape the rush...I have a feeling his sack yardage will be about the same as someone who takes twice as many sacks (with the exception of the times he scrambles and gets stopped short of the LOS).