PTI

jayg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would the NFL stop them? Would the NFL Uniform Nazis show up on Gameday with guns drawn and force the Bills to wear different uniforms? I would give a big middle finger to the NFL and wear the throwbacks every week. In fact, I would stop calling them throwbacks and declare "these are our new uniforms and there is nothing you can do to stop us Mr. Hitler...err... Mr. Tagliabue" Screw the NFL and their assinine uniform policy. Everybody loves the Bills Throwbacks. Even ESPN was talking about them before the Giants-Saints game. The Bills would make tons of money if they were the permanent new uniforms (they would even have to add a white jersey) Why is the NFL against a team making the most money they can on merchandise sales? Someone explain how/why it takes a year to make a uniform change? If they alraedy have the uniforms, what the hell would the holdup be?

How would the NFL stop them? Would the NFL Uniform Nazis show up on Gameday with guns drawn and force the Bills to wear different uniforms? I would give a big middle finger to the NFL and wear the throwbacks every week. In fact, I would stop calling them throwbacks and declare "these are our new uniforms and there is nothing you can do to stop us Mr. Hitler...err... Mr. Tagliabue" Screw the NFL and their assinine uniform policy. Everybody loves the Bills Throwbacks. Even ESPN was talking about them before the Giants-Saints game. The Bills would make tons of money if they were the permanent new uniforms (they would even have to add a white jersey) Why is the NFL against a team making the most money they can on merchandise sales? Someone explain how/why it takes a year to make a uniform change? If they alraedy have the uniforms, what the hell would the holdup be?

448520[/snapback]

I'm with you there. The 49ers went threw this back in 1994. They kept on asking the league and the league kept saying "NO" but they kept wearing them anyway. Those unis look so much nicer the the current unis which are ugly as hell.

Oh look? Another throwback thread! Cool, missed the first 45.

(I get it)

448533[/snapback]

The Bills wear uniforms that look like they were dyed with pickle juice. Hot Pockets and get 'er done.

What'd I miss?

Oh yeah, Hitler. I think I covered everything, I'm going nitey-nite y'all. Staying up all night=RJ.

Is that what they said?

Can someone actually re-cap what was said on PTI?

Thanks in advance.

448532[/snapback]

Toss-up topic: Which throwbacks do you like better, Dallas or Buffalo?

Kornholer said Dallas, because he thinks ALL their uniforms look good.

Lame.

Wilbon said the Bills unis, then made a comment that there has been overwhelming support from the fans and management. He was in favor of waiving the rule, not that anyone, certainly not the NFL, would listen to him. He says that the throwbacks should be their uniforms next year, as the NFL will probably not approve of the change this year.

I have to agree with the poster above. What would the NFL do, fine them? Mr. Wilson has the dough, but he’s probably to much of a gentlemen to do something that uppity. Now Jerry Jones would probably do it…

I have to agree with the poster above. What would the NFL do, fine them? Mr. Wilson has the dough, but he’s probably to much of a gentlemen to do something that uppity. Now Jerry Jones would probably do it…

448620[/snapback]

I think the fine for uniform infractions is $10,000. I think that was the figure when one team wore the wrong color socks last year.

'scuse me, but Jerry Jones would prostitute his mother for the almighty $ and Official League Approval. Ralph is the consummate gentleman, but being a gentlemen doesn't mean kow-towing on how you run your business. Are we talking about the same Mr. Wilson who told off the refs for three days after the Pats night game in '98 when we walked off the field? While this isn't a matter of winning and losing, he has in the past shown he'll do and say what he wants. I hope he tells the equipment guys to put out the throwbacks for the rest of the season, fine be damned. What is the NFL going to do? Keep him out of the HoF for the 20th year in a row? Screw the league and their micro-management.

In 1998, Bills owner Ralph Wilson blamed poor officiating for costing his team a game against New England. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue reprimanded Wilson and fined him $50,000, to which the owner replied: "I don't need pompous lectures from the commissioner."

What sort of example does that set for everyone else in the NFL? Well, if you are part of another team, you probably shake your head. And if you play for the Bills, you react as tackle John Fina did.

"For Ralph to do that and stand up for his team and community, that was big," Fina said. "I think all the players appreciated that. I know all the fans appreciated that.

"And I promise you that the NFL and referees all took it to heart."

Perhaps. Instant replay to aid officiating was reinstated for the next season.

I think the fine for uniform infractions is $10,000. I think that was the figure when one team wore the wrong color socks last year.

Are we talking about the same Mr. Wilson who told off the refs for three days after the Pats night game in '98 when we walked off the field? While this isn't a matter of winning and losing, he has in the past shown he'll do and say what he wants. I hope he tells the equipment guys to put out the throwbacks for the rest of the season, fine be damned. What is the NFL going to do? Keep him out of the HoF for the 20th year in a row? Screw the league and their micro-management.

448649[/snapback]

Is that per infraction? I wonder if they would multiply that fee by the number of players and the number of articles that are unsanctioned?...

Remember that Ralph is still in line for the HOF...

448680[/snapback]

Ralph is like the Susan Lucci of the NFL HoF ballot.

I don't see why now would be the time to start selling out and keeping it under his hat just to get a few votes. If you want to speculate on his induction based on recent occurances and who he's po'ed, he's already not going to get in b/c of his comments earlier this year re: small-market teams and revenue sharing.