Anyone hear Paul Hamilton today?

The_Real

maybe he knows something we dont know... or then again maybe he is just a jackass.

443950[/snapback]

That kind of result is a definite possbiblity dont you think? I mean, Im not sure I would predict that but it could be that the Bills offense gets stiemied by the Buc's. Im not really knocking the Bills offense its just that the Buc's D seems pretty good. It's not hard to imagine the Bills scoring a special teams or defensive TD and maybe 3 fg's and still win the game.

It's a stretch to say the offense won't score a touchdown.

They have the tools to score on anyone if they stick to the game plan. If I had one problem from last week it's that they didn't use Willis more effectively in the red zone. I don't recall one single first down run. If they can stay the course and run, they can score 3 grind 'em touchdowns. Big offensive line. Stud starting running back. That's a good starting point for offensive production. Use J.P more sparingly in this game and allow McGahee to take over. Any defense tires if you pound them long enough and Tampa Bay is no different.

However...

Last week I saw J.P Losman lead the offense for the victory. He didn't do anything spectacular but he didn't lose the game. No interceptions and no fumbles with a touchdown pass is good enough for me. In tough situations this year I thought we would give Willis 40 carries a game. Last Sunday I saw something I didn't think I'd see all year. Someone not wearing #21 lead us to victory.

I hope that Willis is the focal point this week (he's my starting rb and #1 draft pick in my fantasy league) , but I don't think he is the only way we can score on Sunday. Call me crazy but I really like what Losman can do. I'm not sold yet but he's way better than I thought he'd be.

That kind of result is a definite possbiblity dont you think? I mean, Im not sure I would predict that but it could be that  the Bills offense gets stiemied by the Buc's. Im not really knocking the Bills offense its just that the Buc's D seems pretty good. It's not hard to imagine the Bills scoring a special teams or defensive TD and maybe 3 fg's and still win the game.

443955[/snapback]

Almost anything is possible but this prediction falls into the very unlikely. Look at how the Bills D dominated the Texans O last week but the game remained close enough for quite a while and the Texans O did get the 7 points they logged because it is simply very hard to shut down a team (or even just their O) completely.

TB's D is good, but not that good and the Bills O has some extraordinary weapons in former Pro Bowler Moulds, likely Pro Bowler at some point WM. the speedy Evans, a JMac designed line that more than held its own last week and the mercurial but talented JP, backed up by Holcomb.

This prediction seems to have more to do with Hamilton looking to be controversial to get ratings than with good football based analysis.

WGR was never known for their sports analysts. Historically, they are more known for their definite weakness in this area. Interesting to see that some things never change.

I remember the day gr did the round table segment at my kitchen table. Vic Carruci and Chris Brown were there, along with Kevin Slyvester (sp) and Larry Felser. I always thought Vic and Chris were good. Chuch Dickerson was good also.

Let me preface my two cents by saying that I can't stand GR or the way they do business . . . . (particularly the recent PM drive hosts, with the exception of Bulldog, who is a very nice guy).

Hamilton should be given a little slack. The man knows hockey (played at Iowa State, I believe, and skated in camp with the 1980 US Olympic team). Moreover, he's not a bombthrower or reactionary type and doesn't adhere to the Coach's m.o. of setting a team up to fail. While I agree that GR is generally a joke, I feel compelled to say that Hamilton is more likely than not merely expressing his opinion.

He said he didn't think the bills would win and he expected that we wouldn't score an offensive touchdown.  God he thinks we suck. 

t-r

443939[/snapback]

Considering the Bills only scored 1 offensive TD last week, at home and against an inferior defense, seems like a reasonable prediction to me. I'm not saying I agree with him, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did turn out that way.

And as PowerEye points out, Hamilton is entitled to his opinion. (Although as the beat reporter he has to be a little more careful expressing said opinion than the talk-show hosts, who can afford to be more subjective...)

Considering the Bills only scored 1 offensive TD last week, at home and against an inferior defense, seems like a reasonable prediction to me. I'm not saying I agree with him, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did turn out that way.

And as PowerEye points out, Hamilton is entitled to his opinion. (Although as the beat reporter he has to be a little more careful expressing said opinion than the talk-show hosts, who can afford to be more subjective...)

444072[/snapback]

Lori, I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you at Danny's last weekend. SDS and JoeSixPack said very nice things about you and I would have loved to talk football with you.

Hopefully sometime in the future.

t-r

Lori, I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you at Danny's last weekend.  SDS and JoeSixPack said very nice things about you and I would have loved to talk football with you. 

Hopefully sometime in the future.

t-r

444083[/snapback]

Lot 1 Pole 5 before and after every home game for the rest of the season, with some of Sahlen's best on the grill and Samuel Adams in the cooler. Stop by and say hi!

(Not quite sure I believe the bit about SDS and JSP, though... :devil:)