Anyone hear Paul Hamilton today?

The_Real

Considering the Bills only scored 1 offensive TD last week, at home and against an inferior defense, seems like a reasonable prediction to me. I'm not saying I agree with him, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did turn out that way.

And as PowerEye points out, Hamilton is entitled to his opinion. (Although as the beat reporter he has to be a little more careful expressing said opinion than the talk-show hosts, who can afford to be more subjective...)

444072[/snapback]

since when is the texans defense "inferior?" i figured the only reason we didn't run up 40 points on them was because they were halfway decent/?

since when is the texans defense "inferior?"  i figured the only reason we didn't run up 40 points on them was because they were halfway decent/?

444336[/snapback]

Houston doesn't have anyone who can come close to Rice or Brooks. And if you'd read my Texans overview - which apparently not many did, since it garnered less than 50 hits before sinking like a rock - you would have seen this:

Following a 2004 season in which their 24 sacks ranked dead last in the league and only Green Bay gave up more passing TDs, this unit went through a major overhaul in the offseason.

Houston's defense, "inferior" to Tampa's? I stand by that statement.

Almost anything is possible but this prediction falls into the very unlikely.  Look at how the Bills D dominated the Texans O last week but the game remained close enough for quite a while and the Texans O did get the 7 points they logged because it is simply very hard to shut down a team (or even just their O) completely.

TB's D is good, but not that good and the Bills O has some extraordinary weapons in former Pro Bowler Moulds, likely Pro Bowler at some point WM. the speedy Evans, a JMac designed line that more than held its own last week and the mercurial but talented JP, backed up by Holcomb.

This prediction seems to have more to do with Hamilton looking to be controversial to get ratings than with good football based analysis.

443993[/snapback]

Or maybe he watches the team in practice every day and might have some clue as to what he's talking about.