I've changed my mind...

buckeyemike

But only use them with the 1965 uniforms. They work well together. I've referred to them as "the grazing buffalo" and I've always thought the bison in the logo was ready to, ahem, defecate.

Is it possible the Bills could use the old uniforms and helmets at their home games (perhaps starting next year) and keep the road uniforms with the current helmets at away games? I don't know of any NFL restrictions on using two different helmets, for home and away.

Nate Clements likes the old school unis, and I'm not gonna argue with him. :doh:

Mike

But only use them with the 1965 uniforms.  They work well together.  I've referred to them as "the grazing buffalo" and I've always thought the bison in the logo was ready to, ahem, defecate.

Is it possible the Bills could use the old uniforms and helmets at their home games (perhaps starting next year) and keep the road uniforms with the current helmets at away games?  I don't know of any NFL restrictions on using two different helmets, for home and away.

Nate Clements likes the old school unis, and I'm not gonna argue with him.  :doh:

Mike

440698[/snapback]

I like the helmets too, but instead of calling them the "grazing buffalo" helmets; I think they should be referred to as the "Bledsoe memorial helmets" because they look like a statue of a Buffalo, kind of like Drew.

I also agree that old style for blue unis and a newer style for white would be good. But they have to do something about the stupid blue squares on their shoulders. The jerseys look like a bad high school uni or something the Titans would consider wearing (even worse).

Dave.

Is it possible the Bills could use the old uniforms and helmets at their home games (perhaps starting next year) and keep the road uniforms with the current helmets at away games?  I don't know of any NFL restrictions on using two different helmets, for home and away.

The answer to that is 'no' ...

When Seattle changed their uniforms and logo a few seasons ago, they wanted to use their current helmet for away games,

and a silver one for their home games.

The NFL said 'no', pick one ... so they had a sweepstakes vote and their current blue version won out ...

BTW ... I love the throwbacks, especially those socks and black shoe ... I'd love to go back to them, and wear the blue pants

for away games like the ones introduced in 1973

But only use them with the 1965 uniforms.  They work well together.  I've referred to them as "the grazing buffalo" and I've always thought the bison in the logo was ready to, ahem, defecate.

Nate Clements likes the old school unis, and I'm not gonna argue with him.  :doh:

Mike

440698[/snapback]

Helmets from the Super Bowl years.

Uniforms from the AFL championship years.

They'll have to make sure all the reds and blues are the exact some shade, but I think it's a good plan. I'd also like to see "medium blue" pants thrown in somewhere (to be worn with white socks with blue stripes). Black cleats for everyone!

I like the helmets too, but instead of calling them the "grazing buffalo" helmets; I think they should be referred to as the "Bledsoe memorial helmets" because they look like a statue of a Buffalo, kind of like Drew.

I also agree that old style for blue unis and a newer style for white would be good.  But they have to do something about the stupid blue squares on their shoulders.  The jerseys look like a bad high school uni or something the Titans would consider wearing (even worse).

Dave.

440703[/snapback]

Bledsoe could get a 2nd job as a mannequin at the Museum of Science.......replacing the stuffed bison.

Welcome to Bledsalo, NY. :doh:

Helmets from the Super Bowl years.

Uniforms from the AFL championship years.

They'll have to make sure all the reds and blues are the exact some shade, but I think it's a good plan.  I'd also like to see "medium blue" pants thrown in somewhere (to be worn with white socks with blue stripes).  Black cleats for everyone!

440876[/snapback]

I like this suggestion. When I think Buffalo Bills I think charging buffalo.

The answer to that is 'no' ...

When Seattle changed their uniforms and logo a few seasons ago, they wanted to use their current helmet for away games,

and a silver one for their home games.

The NFL said 'no', pick one ... so they had a sweepstakes vote and their current blue version won out ...

BTW ... I love the throwbacks, especially those socks and black shoe ... I'd love to go back to them, and wear the blue pants

for away games like the ones introduced in 1973

440757[/snapback]

The Redskins used different helmets for all of their home games a few years ago(three years ago?). I thought it first it was just a throwback, two game thing but they wore them at home all season. It was dark red and looked like Florida State (or is it Florida State looks like the old Redskins) It only lasted one year, though.

The white helmet looked tough, but I like the idea of the '65 shirts and pants with the red helmets, though. Just get a simpler stripe setup on the helmets than the multi-color crack addict jumble deal going on now on top of those things.

The Redskins used different helmets for all of their home games a few years ago(three years ago?). I thought it first it was just a throwback, two game thing but they wore them at home all season.  It was dark red and looked like Florida State (or is it Florida State looks like the old Redskins) It only lasted one year, though.

It was the REDSKINS 75 year anniversary in 2002, and they NFL granted them permission long in advance to wear

their 1965 - 1969 throwbacks at all home games ...

I remember those too, they were awesome IMO ...

If the BILLS apply pressure, perhaps the NFL can grant them the same ???

REDSKINS Throwback Helmet

The Redskins used different helmets for all of their home games a few years ago(three years ago?). I thought it first it was just a throwback, two game thing but they wore them at home all season.  It was dark red and looked like Florida State (or is it Florida State looks like the old Redskins) It only lasted one year, though.

440996[/snapback]

yah i remember, and it was funny seeing spurrier coach the washington seminolskins after just leaving the gators 0:)

If you tamper with the way the current throwback uniform looks, you're totaly defeating the purpose of returning back to them.

It's either go back to them the way they were on Sunday, or don't go back to them at all.

We did go to a blue pants for away games in 1973 while still wearing that logo, but 1974 was the year we went to the charging/leaping Buffalo.

In 1976 we went to the blue facemask, and in 1982 the Buffalo logo was increased in size.

I'd like to see us to go back to the throwbacks EXACTLY as they were on Sunday, and not change a thing.

BILLS Helmets 1960-2005

0:)

*** This post was edited to fix the link to the helmets ..

Edited by Hamburglar

If you tamper with the way the current throwback uniform looks, you're totaly defeating the purpose of returning back to them.

It's either go back to them the way they were on Sunday, or don't go back to them at all.

We did go to a blue pants for away games in 1973 while still wearing that logo, but 1974 was the year we went to the charging/leaping Buffalo.

In 1976 we went to the blue facemask, and in 1982 the Buffalo logo was increased in size.

I'd like to see us to go back to the throwbacks EXACTLY as they were on Sunday, and not change a thing.

74 & 75 BILLS Helmet  -----      76 - 81 BILLS Helmet-----82 & 83 BILLS Helmet

0:)

441242[/snapback]

Your links don't work. You need to link to the page not the image. Looking back I guess I'd like the current jersey with the 1974 - 1975 helmet but again think look better with the coloring at the top reversed to red blue vs blue red. It doesn't defeat the purpose of returning to them, I mean look at the current Jets uniforms/helmets they pay homeage to their history but slightly different to create something modern.