Gullfer1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/

437851[/snapback]

Some very interesting posts on this board right now.

Here are some:

Losman didn't look bad today against Houston, but we have a history of embarassing inexperienced QB's.

JP was quite mobile today and I'm sure he won't be so mobile against the Bucs D who can run down the likes of Vick and Culpepper.

The Bills managed just 1 TD and could not punch it in 5 times against the Texans. Sounds like to me the Bucs will have another feast on Sunday!

A feast....Please have a look at Buffalo's defensive performance today before you cal next week's game a "feast".

As already mentioned earlier, the Bills have a true powerhouse defense. Just have a look at their performance today. Granted, Houston isn't an offensive powerhouse, but Johnson + Davis isn't easy to cover. All Buffalo's defense did today: 120 total yards of offense, 6 sacks, and a whopping 7 forced turnovers.

If the Bucs can force JP to throw more than scramble, it'll lead to some potential turnovers.

We faced Pat Williams today, next week we'll face the rest of the Bills.

I'm telling you guys, I've seen this Bills 1st string defense several times already and they are brutal. In all honesty, they are faster and more physical than our defense.....maybe not by a lot, but the truth is that they are. I didn't think any defense was until I saw theirs. This is why it is so important for us to play smart, and hold onto the ball. We've gotta play lights out. And defensively, I hope our boys see this as a challenge not to be outdone.

Even though it's only the second game of the season, this game is the season for the Bucs. If they win, it's gonna give them a huge confidence boost because this will probably be the toughest team they will face all season.(yes, including the Pats) If they win, they will start running the table. If they lose, then they fall back into the mentality of the past two seasons. This game is crucial to our season.

Honestly, I dont think the Buc's looked that good yesterday. I think the Vikings looked that bad. Though, Rice's chase and sack of Daunte was unbelievable. I heard the anouncer say that Rice raced Barber in a 20 yard dash and Rice won. So much for Barber's closing speed.

437848[/snapback]

Hey, compared to last year it was great. Last year we would have lost that game. I guess you know we were 5-11 and won 1 - 7 on the road last year. So to start the season off with a win and on the road I'll take it.

Hey, compared to last year it was great.  Last year we would have lost that game.  I guess you know we were 5-11 and won 1 - 7 on the road  last year. So to start the season off with a win and on the road I'll take it.

437863[/snapback]

No shidt. I would too.

Been reading the Tampa Bay board. Most of them have great respect for our defense... but they don't have respect for Losman. And why should they?

I think that Losman will shock the Bucs just like he shocked the Texans.

But I still see us struggling to score touchdowns.

Look for a final score to be 16-9 or so.

Hey, compared to last year it was great.  Last year we would have lost that game.  I guess you know we were 5-11 and won 1 - 7 on the road  last year. So to start the season off with a win and on the road I'll take it.

437863[/snapback]

Any time a team, I don't care if it's football or a spelling bee, can go to the competitors place and win it's a BIG DEAL!

Jeff

Not talking smack.  Just looking forward to a good game on Sunday.  No Injuries. 

If your coming to Tampa bring your sun tan lotion temp will be in low 90s  Should be a good game.

437724[/snapback]

Coming down from NC to go to the game w/ my brother - who lives in Sarasota. Last game went to at Ray James was in 2000 - when Sam Cowart was out of his mind and had 2.5 sacks and 7 tackles in the 1st quarter before injuring his ankle. Really like your stadium - surprised how loud it was when I was there. Generally fans were cool there too towards us visitors too. The atmosphere around the stadium takes a little getting used to from us out of towners - used to miles of open parking lots w/ serious tailgating.

Think you guys will need to do something in the air to take some pressure off your running game - Cadillac will have a very tough time running if we are able to key on him.

should be a great game...though i think the cadillac will come back to the garage a little dinged up next Monday...ask Dom Davis

437761[/snapback]

Hey tater, looks like my golden pick for the eliminator shat the bed.

:doh:

Friggin NFL, I oughtta stick to betting college.

437863[/snapback]

Watching Pat Williams, Sam Cowart and Antoine Winfield playing for the Vikings instead of the Bill's was wild. Pfat Pat had a good game.

How about the Bills rock the throwbacks for another week, and the Bucs revert to the old orange and white?  That pirate with the knife in his mouth on those helmets was outstanding!

437995[/snapback]

I regret to say I use to own a pair of old TB zubaz with the old uni colors. My grandmother got them for me for Christmas one year. She use to live down there.

How about the Bills rock the throwbacks for another week, and the Bucs revert to the old orange and white?  That pirate with the knife in his mouth on those helmets was outstanding!

437995[/snapback]

Unfortunately they can't do that. The NFL has bowed to pressure from the Pirate Anti-Defamation League who said that the old logo promoted negative stereotypes against pirates and mis-represents them by their violent past. I believe they are working on a compromise that will depict a kid illegally downloading movies off the internet. :doh:

Should be a test for both teams.  The only possible downfall for the Bills might be the Florida Heat .  That being said I hope no major injuries.  Some great players on different teams went down with injuries this past weekend.

437741[/snapback]

You forget, we play the Doll Fans in Mijami every years so the team is well aware of it. Lately, all we do down there is just win baby! :doh:

Not talking smack.  Just looking forward to a good game on Sunday.  No Injuries. 

437724[/snapback]

You guys still got that skunk Middleton, or did he hang it up after effectively ending Cowart's useful career with a cheap shot?

If your coming to Tampa bring your sun tan lotion temp will be in low 90s  Should be a good game.

437724[/snapback]

This game worries the hell out of me for the Bills. Tampa Bay has been a notorius graveyard where great Bills seasons go to die, even when you guys were in down years.

Rice, Quarles, Brooks, Barber and Kelly are top-notch defenders. While I'm not sold on Griese or Cadillac just yet, Galloway and Clayton have been posting numbers.

If the Bills win the game at all, I'll be relieved and convinced that this team is destined for the playoffs. If they win convincingly, I'm going to start believing the Bills are destined for Great Things .