National media not noticing the Bills yet

PromoTheRobot

After scanning the big websites, (SI, Sporting News, USA Today, ESPN etc.) there is next to nothing about the Bills and Losman's performance.

Actually that's fine with me.  Better we lurk in the shadows a while longer.

PTR

437570[/snapback]

I'm with ya on that. Rather it stay quiet until like week 5 or so.

I was going to make a similar post, 'caused I noticed the same thing. I was really surprised that Peter King didn't have something to say about it. Better this than everyone blowing JP's performance way out of proportion, only to hammer him when (if!) he has a bad game.

In all fairness, there were a lot of teams that won in impressive fashion yesterday. It is only week 1. I remember a couple years back when we absolutely destroyed the Pats week 1 and national media hopped on the Bills bandwagon only to kick us to the curb a couple of weeks later........At this point, I have the "one week at a time" mentality.

The Bills D does deserve credit.

JP played a very composed and efficient game.

BUT.....

The Texans were pathetic!!! I wouldn't go patting each other on the back if I were the Bills. Carr and the boys looked like the Ralph was the last place they wanted to be yesterday, and they never even put up a fight. I don't think the Bills really deserve any national attention after beating a bottom-feeder team at home, when teams like Tampa and New Orleans pulled off big upsets on the road.

The Bills ain't done nothin yet. They were supposed to win.

After scanning the big websites, (SI, Sporting News, USA Today, ESPN etc.) there is next to nothing about the Bills and Losman's performance.

PTR

437570[/snapback]

lenny p hasn't posted his morning after column yet. he's tight with donohoe/modrak, so i'm guessing he'll have some good words for us.

The best part is that Peter King couldn't bring himself to mention the Bills at all in his column.  Not a single word.

437580[/snapback]

Didja notice Peter King mentioned Danny Wuerffel who lost his home in the hurricane. Wuerffel said:

"We just re-learned the difference between 'want' and 'need.' How much time do we spend saying, 'We need this,' and get bent out of shape if we don't get it? Now we've got nothing, and yet we've got everything we need. We've got my wife and son and food and shelter. We feel fortunate to have that because many people don't.''

And then a few paragraphs later, King complains that he had to spend $5.37 on a triple grande hazelnut latte at Starbucks. :doh:

Perspective, Peter. Perspective.

My sentiments exactly smokinandjokin...

If JP & Co scored more TD's than FG's when they had opportunities I'd feel a lot more like we deserved more props...

Houston is Houston... Not NE... We won a game we were supposed to win, there's no disrespect for not being crowned champions. 15 teams are 1-0... Next week, I think we have a tough game vs the Bucs... it's a game we can win... But it will be a lot tougher - and therefore more rewarding when we win it. (yeah - I'm saying we will win it... 20 - 13)

I don't think the Bills really deserve any national attention after beating a bottom-feeder team at home, when teams like Tampa and New Orleans pulled off big upsets on the road.

The Bills ain't done nothin yet.  They were supposed to win.

437617[/snapback]

Okay, it is too early to call any team a bottom-feeder. As of now half the league is 0-1.

I don't agree that we were supposed to win. In any case, does that reduce the importance of our win ?

Just savor the victory and admire what we did.

Next week, I think we have a tough game vs the Bucs...  it's a game we can win...  But it will be a lot tougher - and therefore more rewarding when we win it.  (yeah - I'm saying we will win it... 20 - 13)

437634[/snapback]

So by your logic, we are now 'supposed to win' against TB. So if we do end up winning, it will not qualify as a 'true' victory correct ? By your standards, we are winners only if we beat NE ?? Stop the negativity and enjoy the win.

Okay, it is too early to call any team a bottom-feeder. As of now half the league is 0-1.

I don't agree that we were supposed to win. In any case, does that reduce the importance of our win ?

Just savor the victory and admire what we did.

437637[/snapback]

We were supposed to win against Jax last year in the opener, too. This is way better than last year!

In two words: Who Cares?

I don't give a damn what the national media thinks about Buffalo. Unless we start 5-0, the media won't give buffalo any attention until we play NE, and then it'll be mostly 'brady always torches buffalo's d'. Buffalo was impressive in victory yesterday, and should be trying to work on their red zone production and figure out how to move the ball against a stout tampa D and how to quiet an efficent Tampa running attack.

PTR

437570[/snapback]

Let the media continue to ignore us. Eventually when were winning all of the time people will pay attetnion and start focusing on our team rather than on the teams that were suppose to be good.

Fan in Chicago - No, this is not a game we are "supposed to win"... quite the contrary... I'm saying I think we'll win the game...

I'm not trying to be negative here - I'm just saying we haven't done anything to merit national attention... Sure, some of the media thought Houston would win this game, but most of them picked the Bills to win - that to me is a "supposed to win" game...

Upsets and blowouts garner attention. Like I said, if the score was 30-7... you'd see more hype... The Defense played stellar, the offense played good/good+... If you think that sort of performance is the best we can do, we're in trouble.

And DCSabres is absolutely right, this is way better than last year...

I'm more than fine with the apparent snub by the national media. I feel it is fair to use the term "snub."

The Bills really thumped a team many sports writers said should be contending for a playoff spot and maybe their division title.

The fact that J.P. is the first QB in several years to win his first start is newsworthy IMHO.

But nothing really on Sportscenter or NFL Primetime last night. The Bills got the 20-second rundown treatment on both shows, while less impressive wins got a full minute.

This is so obviously because of the small market that is Buffalo. But ESPN and company better realize that there are Bills fans everywhere. This is where the Bills' push to register Bills Backers across the country is important. Yesterday, we had nearly 20 Bills fans come together for the first time in Fredericksburg, VA. The sportsbar's owner e-mailed me today and said he didn't know there were so many Bills fans outside WNY, let alone in this one area. Of course, 20 isn't much, and we hope to grow, but getting together is a step toward letting the rest of the NFL know the Bills are a beloved team that deserves some attention.