Dog A$$ Jets

stevewin

Holy Crap. Was at a bar w/ all the games on - seems like every time I looked over at the Jets game their defense was giving up a 30 yd play or their offense was dropping a ball or looking completely ineffectual. Looked completely clueless.

Hopefully the pre-season media darlings are true to form now in the regular season.

But the Chiefs O-Line doesnt explain the complete lack of NYJ Offense. Did Surtain and Knight really make that big an impact? I didnt see the game, so I really don't know.

437236[/snapback]

It didnt help when pennington was 1 fumble away from tying the record for most in a game...he had 6, and looked terrible. A lot of his throw were just plain short. As in the ball falls to the ground 4-5 yards before its target. He looked baaaaad.

It didnt help when pennington was 1 fumble away from tying the record for most in a game...he had 6, and looked terrible. A lot of his throw were just plain short. As in the ball falls to the ground 4-5 yards before its target. He looked baaaaad.

437451[/snapback]

Well that's reassuring. I'm glad to see that the JETS are struggling. Let's see what the Phins can do them next week, no doubt that this is a tougher test, as far as a better Defense.

it was KC's O-Line. they were opening holes anyone could run through.

they have the best O-Line in the NFL.

the jets arnt that bad. i expect them to fight for a playoff spot. but it is nuce to hear they got KILLED!!!

437230[/snapback]

I agree. For the past few years, KC has simply exploded on another team. Seems like 5 or 6 times a season everything clicks and they destroy an opponent.

The Bills got it from KC a few years ago in a prime-time game...

Question is, are the Jets that bad? Or are the Chiefs that good?

437227[/snapback]

I don't think its either. I think the Chiefs are good at home and the Jets played very poorly. I wouldn't make anything out of it, at least in my opinion.

I think a couple of major flaws on the Jets were right in the spotlight yesterday...

The first, and foremost, is the fact that Herm Edwards sucks, and has sucked for years. Last year, the Jet's woes were Paul Hacketts fault, and the year before that it was Ted's fault. Well, this year Herm is out of excuses, though the local media has already been blaming their new OC for Chad's gaffs yesterday.

The second is the fact that Chad is no better than an average QB. He looked scared, disoriented and completely lacking in confidence yesterday. I would say good thing for the Jets that they face the Fish next week, but Miami's D isn't bad, and Gus looked pretty good too.

Can you image the AFC East standings next week if both the Bills and the Fish win? And NE is at Carolina, which isn't a gimme.

Bills 2-0

Fish 2-0

Pats 1-1

Jets 0-2

:doh::doh::w00t::doh:

I think a couple of major flaws on the Jets were right in the spotlight yesterday...

The first, and foremost, is the fact that Herm Edwards sucks, and has sucked for years.  Last year, the Jet's woes were Paul Hacketts fault, and the year before that it was Ted's fault.  Well, this year Herm is out of excuses, though the local media has already been blaming their new OC for Chad's gaffs yesterday.

437487[/snapback]

Hard to blame an OC for fumbles...

The second is the fact that Chad is no better than an average QB.  He looked scared, disoriented and completely lacking in confidence yesterday.  I would say good thing for the Jets that they face the Fish next week, but Miami's D isn't bad, and Gus looked pretty good too.

Can you image the AFC East standings next week if both the Bills and the Fish win?  And NE is at Carolina, which isn't a gimme.

Bills 2-0

Fish 2-0

Pats 1-1

Jets 0-2

:doh:  :doh:  :w00t:  :doh:

437487[/snapback]

Woohoo!! I'll take that! Gus looked real good yesterday, and I'll say that I'm officially on the Gus Bus! The Fins D was great, in case you missed it, it look Griese a quarter and a half before completing his first pass. And when they did catch it, they were brought down immediately. I imagine that the YAC were really low. Denver's only TD came off a turnover late in the game.

Just heard on the radio that one of Jonathan Vilma's Jets teammates punched him in the mouth on the sidelines! WTF!

Jonathan Vilma walked to the team bus late yesterday with a going-away present from the Jets' 27-7 loss to the Chiefs. Two presents, actually -- an ice pack and a swollen upper lip. The latter came from a teammate's fist. According to an eyewitness, Jets Vilma and James Reed engaged in a fiery bench altercation in which Reed took a swing at Vilma. It occurred in the third quarter, typifying an afternoon that went horribly wrong.

NY DAILY NEWS