Lessons Learned

zow2

It's really sad when you hear NFL players talk about what an important lesson they learned on Sunday....puleeeeze! Nate, Troy, Drew, Gray, Mularkey, Moulds, Takeo, ...c'mon guys. It's all lip service to make them feel better about the loss. This isn't high school or college ball. Some of these "lessons learned" are things that were ingrained in Junior high school.

What really happened is we left J-ville hanging around in the game since the O didn't execute well enough to salt it away. We relied on the D to win it at the end and J-ville out-executed them. There is no lesson. We were beaten...period. What they learned this week will have no bearing on the Raiders game. The Raiders will be trying just as hard as Buffalo to win their home opener.

It's really sad when you hear NFL players talk about what an important lesson they learned on Sunday....puleeeeze!  Nate, Troy, Drew, Gray, Mularkey, Moulds, Takeo, ...c'mon guys. It's all lip service to make them feel better about the loss. This isn't high school or college ball.  Some of these "lessons learned" are things that were ingrained in Junior high school. 

What really happened is we left J-ville hanging around in the game since the O didn't execute well enough to salt it away.  We relied on the D to win it at the end and J-ville out-executed them. There is no lesson.  We were beaten...period.  What they learned this week will have no bearing on the Raiders game.  The Raiders will be trying just as hard as Buffalo to win their home opener.

30569[/snapback]

I was shaking my head all during the game on Sunday and saying: "We're dominating this game and letting them hang around...if we keep this up we're going to blow it!" :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

It seems like that is the scenario that plays out 9 times out of 10 whenever a team (read Bills) is in that situation.

It's really sad when you hear NFL players talk about what an important lesson they learned on Sunday....puleeeeze!  Nate, Troy, Drew, Gray, Mularkey, Moulds, Takeo, ...c'mon guys. It's all lip service to make them feel better about the loss. This isn't high school or college ball.  Some of these "lessons learned" are things that were ingrained in Junior high school. 

What really happened is we left J-ville hanging around in the game since the O didn't execute well enough to salt it away.  We relied on the D to win it at the end and J-ville out-executed them. There is no lesson.  We were beaten...period.  What they learned this week will have no bearing on the Raiders game.  The Raiders will be trying just as hard as Buffalo to win their home opener.

30569[/snapback]

Perfect! They are acting like programmed droids using that phrase. They learned those lessons over the last 8-15 years, thats why they are pro's. This is not the time to be learning that on 4th and forever you knock a pass down instead of looking for a highlight clip, or that with a chance to run out the clock you watch your hands and positioning so you don't get a holding flag. Oyyy

disagree completly.

Why is it football fans at all levels are suddenly only about the last 7 days? Its like nothing else matters except the negative. A loss does not mean every single player played badly every single play just like a win doesn't mean every single player played well every single play.

Honestly, I'd feel much worse as a Jacksonville fan.

Its not like 2 minutes takes away the other 58 minutes of the game.

30569[/snapback]

Well...it's one thing when those comments come once every 3 or 4 weeks...

But when it becomes a weekly deal it get REAL old, REAL quick...

And the bare facts are Bills Fans have had to hear similar comments from the "star players" on this Team for 16 out of the last 27 regular Season Games played... and that's WAY too often... ;)

This is not the time to be learning that on 4th and forever you knock a pass down instead of looking for a highlight clip, or that with a chance to run out the clock you watch your hands and positioning so you don't get a holding flag. Oyyy

30577[/snapback]

he looked up late and Smith got to the ball before Clements dids. Ever hear of the phrase "Give vredit where credit is due"? That was a pro-bowl play made by a pro-bowl level player

True, except...well...Scoreboard- J-Vill 13, Buffalo 10

30590[/snapback]

win or lose, the end ruselt of this game is pretty much meaningless. In effect, the first 58 minutes are far better indicator then the final 2 minutes of how good this can be.

For proof

Buffalo 31

New England 0

he looked up late and Smith got to the ball before Clements dids. Ever hear of the phrase "Give vredit where credit is due"? That was a pro-bowl play made by a pro-bowl level player

30582[/snapback]

Listen, it's not just the failed knockdown by Clements......it's the

"we have to play 60 minutes hard, not just 58"

"we can't fumble on a crucial drive"

"we can't take stupid penalties that cost you 1st downs"

"we can't let a guy outjump us in the back of the endzone"

"we need to play with more discipline at the end"

etc...etc....etc......

Hey, i give all the credit in the world to our opponent. Jacksonville casued us to Phuck Up those last 4 minutes with their hard play. I just think it's a joke to hear about lessons learned when many of the above situations will probably be repeated at Oakland next week. We've seen them over and over the past few years. It's why the Bills aren't as good as we think.

Personally, i think the one thing they have to correct is NOT turning it over. We looked real sloppy handling the ball on Sunday. When teams don't turn it over they are always in the game at the end...it's crucial to be strong in that aspect.

30582[/snapback]

Well...that's not exactly how Nate saw the play. In his Post Game comments he said he saw the Ball with plenty of time to react and went for the INT. He said, in retrospect, he should have just batted the Ball away.

This from todays Buf News:

Clements said following the game that he should have knocked the ball down instead of going for the interception. Gray agreed with that assessment.

"It's important to recognize the situation you're in," Gray said. "When it's fourth-and-14, don't let it become a jump ball situation where anything can happen. Just try to knock the ball down."

Well...that's not exactly how Nate saw the play. In his Post Game comments he said he saw the Ball with plenty of time to react and went for the INT. He said, in retrospect, he should have just batted the Ball away.

This from todays Buf News:

Clements said following the game that he should have knocked the ball down instead of going for the interception. Gray agreed with that assessment.

"It's important to recognize the situation you're in," Gray said. "When it's fourth-and-14, don't let it become a jump ball situation where anything can happen. Just try to knock the ball down."

30617[/snapback]

I don't think he would have been able to knock it down with out interfering anyway. Smith got off the ground first and got to the ball first. Clements can say whatever he wants but look at the tape, he got beat plain and simple. He might have made a mental mistake but I don't think it mattered. Just pretend that was Eric Moulds and a Jax corner and we'd be saying what an amazing play by Eric

Listen,  it's not just the failed knockdown by Clements......it's the

"we have to play 60 minutes hard, not just 58"

"we can't fumble on a crucial drive"

"we can't take stupid penalties that cost you 1st downs"

"we can't let a guy outjump us in the back of the endzone"

"we need to play with more discipline at the end"

etc...etc....etc......

Hey, i give all the credit in the world to our opponent.  Jacksonville casued us to Phuck Up those last 4 minutes with their hard play.  I just think it's a joke to hear about lessons learned when many of the above situations will probably be repeated at Oakland next week.  We've seen them over and over the past few years. It's why the Bills aren't as good as we think. 

Personally, i think the one thing they have to correct is NOT turning it over.  We looked real sloppy handling the ball on Sunday.  When teams don't turn it over they are always in the game at the end...it's crucial to be strong in that aspect.

30616[/snapback]

Ummm...What are they supposed to say after a loss like that?

I don't think he would have been able to knock it down with out interfering anyway. Smith got off the ground first and got to the ball first. Clements can say whatever he wants but look at the tape, he got beat plain and simple. He might have made a mental mistake but I don't think it mattered. Just pretend that was Eric Moulds and a Jax corner and we'd be saying what an amazing play by Eric

30629[/snapback]

Ummmm.... No. He looked like that because the ball was a Hail Mary. He had all the time in the world to make the play. He jumped like that because he wanted to intercept it. If he was planning to just knock the ball away, like every fifth grader in school would have done, he would have waited until it came down and just batted it away, regardless of where Jimmy Smith was and what Jimmy Smith did. That jump was a two hands in the air, I am going to catch this ball jump. Not a one hand in the air bat it anywhere jump. Jimmy Smith made a great play. Nate Clements !@#$ed up.

Ummm...What are they supposed to say after a loss like that?

30647[/snapback]

"Sell your season tickets folks, we'll never learn."

"See that mistake I made? I'll make it again within the next 4 games."

"Whatever, I mean, after all, it's just a friggin' game."

"Mistake? No way. Leon never makes mistakes."

"If the line had reached the QB faster, I wouldn't have had to make the decision between going for the INT and knocking the ball down."

"I wasn't holding, the ref just had it in for me."

"Well, actually, I never studied the playbook."

"I think they should start the 2nd stringers for the rest of the season. The starters couldn't get it done here, what's to say we'll get it done next week?"

"We're DOOOOMED!"

"Sell your season tickets folks, we'll never learn."

"See that mistake I made?  I'll make it again within the next 4 games."

"Whatever, I mean, after all, it's just a friggin' game."

"Mistake?  No way.  Leon never makes mistakes."

"If the line had reached the QB faster, I wouldn't have had to make the decision between going for the INT and knocking the ball down."

"I wasn't holding, the ref just had it in for me."

"Well, actually, I never studied the playbook."

"I think they should start the 2nd stringers for the rest of the season.  The starters couldn't get it done here, what's to say we'll get it done next week?"

"We're DOOOOMED!"

30743[/snapback]

LOL ;) Exactly my point.