This will be unpopular...

Kipers Hair

I

Now let your explatives and insults fly...If you care to deliver them in person, I'll be on the visitors side, 30 yardline closer to the scoreboard, 15 rows up...

434594[/snapback]

I'll have someone deliver a flaming brown bag in the 4th quarter. Make sure to eat all it's contents.

I'll have someone deliver a flaming brown bag in the 4th quarter. Make sure to eat all it's contents.

434788[/snapback]

Stop it Mark...Now, as for your Buckeye banner...Having lived in TX for over 3 years, I built a fondness for the Horns, (though they can't win the big one...)... I think Saturday night is going to be an amazing game - the winner will be playing for the Nat'l Championship...I can't wish luck to you're eyes...but still respect you as they are a great program...

McGahee admits that the more he carries the ball the better he gets.  We haven't seen him carry the load of 30+ carries.  When he does Sunday, look for him to break 100 yards EASILY!!

But if JP rushes for more than 100, I don't mind if he leads our team.

434790[/snapback]

Agreed...Hell if buffalo wins..I don't mind.

I am going to go way out on a limb and say that Losman is going to gain more yards on the ground than McGahee... 

Unless Willis and the O-line were playing possum in the preseason games I saw, I really think he's going to disappoint a lot of people this year.  I think Bledsoe was horrible, however, he forced other defenses to respect the long ball.  At this time, Losman will command no respect.  I hope he's the next Brett Favre or Steve Young, but don't really see that happening this year.

All said - Losman will scramble enbough to outgain Willis Sunday....

Now let your explatives and insults fly...If you care to deliver them in person, I'll be on the visitors side, 30 yardline closer to the scoreboard, 15 rows up...

434594[/snapback]

I don't think any team respected Bledsoes long ball...I think we were lucky

to play a bunch of sh-- teams during the 7-2 stretch....One thing I want to

see from McGahee this year is to fire against the teams that are good against

the run....We did not do well against the Pats and Steelers last year...

It was just pre-season. It's kind of like foreplay. The coaching wanted to get JP a feel for the speed of the game and what to expect this Sunday. There is no question we will be a run oriented team, but not with JP leading the team in rushing. Remember the Ravens Superbowl. The qb was Trent Dilfer. His job was to hand the ball either to the right side or the left side of his body to Jamal Lewis. Occassionally through the ball and not lose the game.

I am going to go way out on a limb and say that Losman is going to gain more yards on the ground than McGahee... 

Unless Willis and the O-line were playing possum in the preseason games I saw, I really think he's going to disappoint a lot of people this year.  I think Bledsoe was horrible, however, he forced other defenses to respect the long ball.   

434594[/snapback]

While it is true that some teams like Miami just played cover 2 and forced DB to move methodically down the field (which he never had the patience to do)...

A lot of teams just brought the house and covered the short stuff because they knew DB couldn't buy time and throw deep under a blitz. How many times in 2003 did you see the other team blitz, and then STILL have 3 defenders busting up an awful looking screen pass to Moulds or Henry? You're thinking: "Damn - how many players do they have on the field?" I had that feeling a lot.

That's the great thing about defending DB - you have options.

Doesn't mean this kid is going to be good, but really - Bledsoe sucked. I can't emphasize that enough.

Unless Willis and the O-line were playing possum in the preseason games I saw, I really think he's going to disappoint a lot of people this year.  I think Bledsoe was horrible, however, he forced other defenses to respect the long ball.  At this time, Losman will command no respect.  I hope he's the next Brett Favre or Steve Young, but don't really see that happening this year.

All said - Losman will scramble enbough to outgain Willis Sunday....

434594[/snapback]

Well hey Im in 115 row 11, just in case you may want to come by at halftime and bring me a beer as a side bet.

HenryFumbles: Why don't you come to the tailgate with a fist full of $. A lot of us would be willing to bet you that Willis will outgain JP. There are only 2 scenarios JP outruns Willis. 1) Willis gets hurt & doesn't play much. 2) JP takes off from his endzone & runs 100 yds for a TD, padding stats enough to gain more yds than Willis.

If they both make it through the game, Willis will outgain JP. I'll even go out on a limb and say that Willis will outgain JP in all 16 games and the three postseason games too.

I don't think any team respected Bledsoes long ball...I think we were lucky

to play a bunch of sh-- teams during the 7-2 stretch....

434806[/snapback]

I mostly agree with this, but in defense of the posters speculation lets remember that the reawakening of the offense - and the running games emergence which followed - seemed to start when Bledsoe started finding Lee Evans for a 50 yard gainer about once a game. So maybe there's some truth in opponents changing their D for the long ball.

While I haven't gone so far as to say JP will outgain Willis, I wrote that I was very concerned about the O-Line/running game on a topic I started a few days ago. I got nothing but bashed for suggesting such sacrilege.

Didn't you know that the Bills are going 16-0, Willis is going for 2 grand, and JP is the second coming? How dare you suggest otherwise. . .

434773[/snapback]

Dude you outta know better than to bash the line here. Saying things like that will get you banned from chat rooms, etc. :lol:

Dude you outta know better than to bash the line here. Saying things like that will get you banned from chat rooms, etc

No, what actually gets you removed is trolling, ragging on people constantly, crusading and generally being a loud-mouthed dickhead.

But you already knew all that didn't you?