Was that Robert Gallery Starting at RIGHT Tackle?

Alaska Darin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the dancng bear who spent the night hanging on to blue jerseys?

Yes, I believe his name was Gallery.

Good thing we didn't trade Travis Henry for Gallery and a 1st rounder like everyone here wanted. We would hvae had two losers at RT and another pick for TD to waste.

What the hell are you on about now?

I'd say it's an even better thing that we didn't cut him like you wanted.

Well, Gallery was labelled a "can't-miss" by virtually everyone.  Proving that the draft is a highly inexact science.

434570[/snapback]

But not by "everyone"...

http://www.thefootballgenius.com/04draftgrades/oak.html

"Rd 1 (2) Robert Gallery OT Iowa

TFG is skeptical that Gallery is as good as Boselli and Ogden as is the guru consensus. TFG believes Gallery is a step below that - more in the Kyle Turley class. Hence, while OLT is an extremely important position for a team that will probably need a new QB very soon, this was a reach. Gallery is not that good. He is not a great athlete and is somewhat stiff. The better NFL RDEs will get by him. Despite his wonderful Combine stats, Gallery is really not a dominating run blocker either."

You mean the dancng bear who spent the night hanging on to blue jerseys?

Yes, I believe his name was Gallery.

What the hell are you on about now?

I'd say it's an even better thing that we didn't cut him like you wanted.

434578[/snapback]

Wrong person, I said get what we can whether it be a forth or 5th. Others were calling for his release.

Good thing we didn't trade Travis Henry for Gallery and a 1st rounder like everyone here wanted.  We would hvae had two losers at RT and another pick for TD to waste.

434564[/snapback]

this from the guy who thought lj shelton would net the cardinals a first round pick........

given your horrible record in that regard i wouldn't be critisizing other posters trade value assessments......

this from the guy who thought lj shelton would net the cardinals a first round pick........

given your horrible record in that regard i wouldn't be critisizing other posters trade value assessments......

434642[/snapback]

Don't cast stones, since you're the one who wanted a 1st and Gallery for Henry. My prediction of a 4th was a whole lot closer to reality.

In addition, the Browns are real happy with Shelton, in case you haven't heard.

Don't cast stones, since you're the one who wanted a 1st and Gallery for Henry.  My prediction of a 4th was a whole lot closer to reality. 

In addition, the Browns are real happy with Shelton, in case you haven't heard.

434647[/snapback]

i never have mentioned gallery and henry in the same sentence..........please find a post that states what you claim..........

the browns being happy with shelton has nothing to do with your claim that the cards would get a 1st rounder for him in trade.........in reality, they got nothing.........your assessment of his trade value could not have been more wrong...........

Upside potential.  Gallery had a great rookie campaign, and 1 bad game in the 2nd season.

434841[/snapback]

That is one of the worst takes of all time. Certain idiots in the media who claimed Gallery was a Boselli clone before the Draft tried to spin that Gallery played well. He did not. He sukked in preseason and was beaten out by Sims at OLT. At ORT, he gave up double digit sacks for the year. He did play better last night, although he almost always had TE help in pass protection - ie the coaching staff knows he sukks...

And who did Gallery "beat out" last year at ORT. That would be Langston Walker, now the OLG, and the big stiff the Pats most abused last night...

Being 6'7"+ and 320+ proves only that one is large, not necessarily good...

That is one of the worst takes of all time.  Certain idiots in the media who claimed Gallery was a Boselli clone before the Draft tried to spin that Gallery played well.  He did not. He sukked in preseason and was beaten out by Sims at OLT. At ORT, he gave up double digit sacks for the year.  He did play better last night, although he almost always had TE help in pass protection - ie the coaching staff knows he sukks...

And who did Gallery "beat out" last year at ORT.  That would be Langston Walker, now the OLG, and the big stiff the Pats most abused last night...

Being 6'7"+ and 320+ proves only that one is large, not necessarily good...

434935[/snapback]

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/player...p?yr=O&id=06761

according to stats inc., your numbers do not jive.........they have him giving up 3 sacks last year.........