How do you beat a team...

PromoTheRobot

Take another look at the play.  You can't even SEE SAMUEL'S NUMBER at one point because Moss is pulling so hard on his jersey.

As for credibility, you lost it all with me when you TWICE dodged my rebuttals to your falsehoods about Brady's postseason end zone INTs.

435063[/snapback]

This isn't a Patriot's message board and I'm not a Pats fan spending all his time on it so my need to come across as credible to you is non-existant. Your quarterback threw two ill-timed endzone picks: one during the championship game and the other during the Super Bowl. Your defense saved his ass and the sooner you understand that, the sooner you'll provide me the credibility I so obviously don't need.

As for Samuel, it is simple: he made first contact with Moss and was NOT turning for the ball. That is pass interference. Get TIVO and slow the game down, wouldcha?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take another look at the play.  You can't even SEE SAMUEL'S NUMBER at one point because Moss is pulling so hard on his jersey.

As for credibility, you lost it all with me when you TWICE dodged my rebuttals to your falsehoods about Brady's postseason end zone INTs.

435063[/snapback]

:lol:

If you're a fan of offensive pass intereference, watch Cincy's Chad Johnson - he reminds me of a baseball pitcher with a piece of sandpaper or a plug of chewing tobacco. :lol:

:lol:

If you're a fan of offensive pass intereference, watch Cincy's Chad Johnson - he reminds me of a baseball pitcher with a piece of sandpaper or a plug of chewing tobacco. :lol:

435133[/snapback]

Good. I got him in my FFL. :lol:

Your quarterback threw two ill-timed endzone picks...

...in nine playoff games. And he has one of the lowest (maybe the lowest? I can't recall) playoff INT rates in NFL history.

Context. It's important.

...one during the championship game and the other during the Super Bowl.

Yes.

Your defense saved his ass and the sooner you understand that, the sooner you'll provide me the credibility I so obviously don't need.

I've admitted that the defense largely saved Brady's ass during the '03-'04 AFCC game, as well as the asses of the entire offense. Although, I notice you never mention Christian Fauria's two dropped TD passes in that game.

Curious. :lol:

As for the Super Bowl, I've laid out the sequence of events for you many times, but I'll do it again:

1. Brady end zone INT.

2. 3 play TD drive by Carolina, with the LONG TD coming on a blown coverage to put the Panthers ahead.

3. Flawless drive by Brady, culminating in a TD pass to put the Pats back up.

4. Another long TD drive by the Panthers to tie it.

5. Another perfect drive by Brady, setting the Pats up for the winning FG.

And I'll once again ask the question you've ignored twice:

How did the defense "saved Brady's ass" in SB 38? Following his INT, they let up two TDs and didn't make a single stop. Brady, on the other hand, led two scoring drives to reclaim leads that the defense blew. Explain your unfathomable stance, please.

As for Samuel, it is simple: he made first contact with Moss and was NOT turning for the ball. That is pass interference. Get TIVO and slow the game down, wouldcha?

Watched it multiple times. There's only one possible call on that play, and the ref made it.

Good.  I got him in my FFL.  :lol:

435134[/snapback]

You might do well.

BTW, pick up 2nd year CIN rb Chris Perry. If he's ok to go for the season - and looks ok so far - I figure at least 8 td's. Excellent pass moves and hands - they had several formations in the preseason with him jumping out wide as a flanker.

Pre-season - who knows? - but on runs showed a very good ability to follow a block then cut

How did the defense "saved Brady's ass" in SB 38?  Following his INT, they let up two TDs and didn't make a single stop.  Brady, on the other hand, led two scoring drives to reclaim leads that the defense blew.  Explain your unfathomable stance, please.

435176[/snapback]

If he didn't throw that pick, the D would have not been deflated and they would not have given up either the 33-yard run by Foster or the 85 yard TD catch by Mushin. Brady's pick single-handedly put your team in a position to lose and if your D didn't stop the back-to-back two-point conversions, you WOULD have lost.

Everything turned on the pick. Eliminate the pick and you eliminate the ensuing TDs.

Why does this NEVER seem to make sense to you?

If he didn't throw that pick...

Stop right there. We're not talking about "ifs" here, we're talking about reality. What actually happened. You made no claims about what would've happened "if" Brady didn't throw the INT, or "if" anything else happened or didn't happen. You claimed that after Brady's end zone INT in Super Bowl 38, the defense "saved his ass." Here's your quote in case you forgot it:

Your quarterback threw two ill-timed endzone picks: one [. . .] during the Super Bowl. Your defense saved his ass...

Explain.

...the D would have not been deflated and they would not have given up either the 33-yard run by Foster...

No wonder you seem so confused about this. You haven't even got the sequence of events right. The Foster TD came exactly five minutes BEFORE the Brady INT, on the previous drive.

I wonder what would've happened "if" the defense never gave up that TD. Maybe Brady wouldn't have had to save their asses.

Stop right there.  We're not talking about "ifs" here, we're talking about reality.  What actually happened.  You made no claims about what would've happened "if" Brady didn't throw the INT, or "if" anything else happened or didn't happen.  You claimed that after Brady's end zone INT in Super Bowl 38, the defense "saved his ass."  Here's your quote in case you forgot it:

Your quarterback threw two ill-timed endzone picks: one [. . .] during the Super Bowl. Your defense saved his ass...

Explain.

No wonder you seem so confused about this. You haven't even got the sequence of events right. The Foster TD came exactly five minutes BEFORE the Brady INT, on the previous drive.

I wonder what would've happened "if" the defense never gave up that TD. Maybe Brady wouldn't have had to save their asses.

435248[/snapback]

I can't believe you spend so much time bantering with someone who makes half of his schitt up.

Go fishing I shall. Go biting you will. :lol:

Explain.

435248[/snapback]

I can't believe you spend so much time bantering with someone who makes half of his schitt up.

Go fishing I shall. Go biting you will. :lol:

435281[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

That was some funny shiit LA, thanks.....

While I think the "Just give it to them" game was a sheer debacle of officiating, I do not think there is any conspiracy per se in favor of the Patsies. I think it's more a function of an unconscious support on the part of officials of what they perceive as the competence of the head coach and team. Refs are less likely to make a marginal call against coaches - or players - that they feel are legendary. Remember back when they never seemed to call any of those ticky-tack fouls against Shula's Dolphins, but the Bills would lose because of them? How many times did you see blatant offensive pass interference called against Rice? Do you ever remember Michael Jordan being whistled for traveling? (Different sport, same concept)

Unfortunately for the rest of the AFC East, Belichick and Brady and the Patriettes are deservedly the pinnacle of the NFL right now and they are not going to get many game-deciding calls against them.

But, as with all things, this too shall pass...

While I think the "Just give it to them" game was a sheer debacle of officiating, I do not think there is any conspiracy per se in favor of the Patsies. I think it's more a function of an unconscious support on the part of officials of what they perceive as the competence of the head coach and team. Refs are less likely to make a marginal call against coaches - or players - that they feel are legendary. Remember back when they never seemed to call any of those ticky-tack fouls against Shula's Dolphins, but the Bills would lose because of them? How many times did you see blatant offensive pass interference called against Rice? Do you ever remember Michael Jordan being whistled for traveling? (Different sport, same concept)

Unfortunately for the rest of the AFC East, Belichick and Brady and the Patriettes are deservedly the pinnacle of the NFL right now and they are not going to get many game-deciding calls against them.

But, as with all things, this too shall pass...

435492[/snapback]

Exactly.

Somehow that Michael "Walk" Jordan turned into Michael "Air" Jordan.

I think the refs became too busy looking up to the sky than at his feet.

Officials get enamoured with success.

The funny thing is, that success was first fueled by the officials own shortcomings (ie: "The Tuck Rule").

So the question which is begged to be asked is:

Which came first? The success of the Pats or the success of the officials to make a bad call?