Note to Raiders for next off season

Dante

In true Al Davis style he goes for flash and not substance. He had one of the worst D's last year and goes out and spends all his cash on offence. Just had to have Moss. Big dummy!  <_<

434314[/snapback]

Tell this to Indy while you're at it...

In true Al Davis style he goes for flash and not substance. He had one of the worst D's last year and goes out and spends all his cash on offence. Just had to have Moss. Big dummy!  :doh:

434314[/snapback]

But doesn't he have Ted Washington and Warren Sapp on the line? :unsure:

Looks like they had a helluva time trying to stuff the run. :doh:

Wow, 1 proven player and 1 rookie do a serious upgrade make?

434475[/snapback]

They do when they're two starters of that caliber.

They also picked up Rocky Calmus and Bob Sanders is no longer a rookie.

Throw in another year of everybody having played DungyD and maybe the Colts realizing that Peyton can help his D a little more.

All that combined is enough to make me think they are going to show some real improvement.

They do when they're two starters of that caliber.

They also picked up Rocky Calmus and Bob Sanders is no longer a rookie.

Throw in another year of everybody having played DungyD and maybe the Colts realizing that Peyton can help his D a little more.

All that combined is enough to make me think they are going to show some real improvement.

434486[/snapback]

I was blown away by how awful their 2002(?) first round pick Gibson plays in coverage- zero leg burst in "impending pass likelihood". A Raider fan in the bar tonight said "he has no instincts" but my own feeling was that he simply has no burst- he seemed to be in solid position on the early critical plays in the game yet he couldn't close them down.

Warren Sapp looked like he should be shouting " HEY KOOLAID"...

434485[/snapback]

On first viewing Sapp is the last Raider on their defense I'd be dressing down after this game.

The Raiders don't have all the talent in the world on defense but scheming is a big part of it. They have the leagues "largest" linebacking corp in the league. Their two outside LB's are 280lbs. (including former Bill Grant Irons) Great against the run, not so good in pass coverage. Speaking of pass coverage, why in the name of God did they keep running two or three LB's out there when the Pats were emptying the backfield. I'm pretty sure dime or quarter packages would be exclusive at that point.

The Raiders don't have all the talent in the world on defense but scheming is a big part of it.  They have the leagues "largest" linebacking corp in the league.  Their two outside LB's are 280lbs. (including former Bill Grant Irons) Great against the run, not so good in pass coverage.  Speaking of pass coverage, why in the name of God did they keep running two or three LB's out there when the Pats were emptying the backfield.  I'm pretty sure dime or quarter packages would be exclusive at that point.

434549[/snapback]

How many 3rd and forevers did Brady convert to 1st and 10s?

Ugly. Flat out ugly. Raiduhs looked stoopid on 3rd down with those coverages.

I was blown away by how awful their 2002(?) first round pick Gibson plays in coverage- zero leg burst in "impending pass likelihood". A Raider fan in the bar tonight said "he has no instincts" but my own feeling was that he simply has no burst- he seemed to be in solid position on the early critical plays in the game yet he couldn't close them down.

Yeah, Brady really went after him and Schweigert. Of course the Raider staff put him in a lot of positions where I don't think you should really put strong safeties. The guy looks like he's always going to be a liability in coverage, and even though he's strong he'll never be big enough to play 'backer. Might end up being one of those guys who can play ball, just not in that league.

Have fun torturing your Raider buddies about the putrid performance of their staff. They called an absolutely gutless game on both sides and if it continues the Raiders won't win 6 games this year. I'm wondering if Norv has entered the land of "the game has passed him by".

Cya

Face it: the Raiders D played like b!tch@$ ; especially in the first half. They only brought pressure in the second half. With the Pats having no deep threat to speak of ala Randy why not bring more pressure especially since the Pats consistently let 5 recivers go out and don't leave blockers in; why let Brady sit back and pick you apart? When they blitzed they had success in the second half. It will be different when the Pats face Gray for Brady will get his jersey dirty and have to make more stick throws against tight coverage than just sitting back and picking apart a weak zone.

Face it: the Raiders D played like b!tch@$ ; especially in the first half. They only brought pressure in the second half. With the Pats having no deep threat to speak of ala Randy why not bring more pressure especially since the Pats consistently let 5 recivers go out and don't leave blockers in; why let Brady sit back and pick you apart? When they blitzed they had success in the second half. It will be different when the Pats face Gray for Brady will get his jersey dirty and have to make more stick throws against tight coverage than just sitting back and picking apart a weak zone.

434576[/snapback]

I couldn't believe they just sat back there with their thumbs up their asses playng some sort of Cover 6 all night long. It was freaking embarasing.

Gotta love giving a rookie co-ordinator/playcaller a free pass in his first live game. :unsure:

I couldn't believe they just sat back there with their thumbs up their asses playng some sort of Cover 6 all night long. It was freaking embarasing.

Gotta love giving a rookie co-ordinator/playcaller a free pass in his first live game.  :unsure:

434591[/snapback]

My point exactly. I was more unimpressed by the Raiders D than impressed by the Patriots offense. I'll give the Raiders D-line and run defense much props but their pass rush and coverage was terrible and it took them too long to adjust to start putting heat on Brady.